Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

House of Hook

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
any chance of private rental Jim, one lane prepped during the week? I want too practice 60 ft. I would think they have idle time mid week.
I haven't asked them. There was supposed to be a rental put on by someone. But the price went up so he cancelled it.
The weekend is good though. Saturday the track is prepped well and Sunday is just time trials. With prep now. Not like an event but good for the first part of the day. Also free practice from 5-10 or so on Saturday after the events.
Due to the nonsense they are not nearly as busy now.
Here is a video (hopefully it works and sorry it's in French) Nick checked the track this morning before prepping it. The results are readings of 350-450 on his torque wrench. This is after street cars beat up the track for a few hours after the events.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10157282056448015&id=587538014

oilburner

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
coboconk
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
I haven't asked them. There was supposed to be a rental put on by someone. But the price went up so he cancelled it.
The weekend is good though. Saturday the track is prepped well and Sunday is just time trials. With prep now. Not like an event but good for the first part of the day. Also free practice from 5-10 or so on Saturday after the events.
Due to the nonsense they are not nearly as busy now.
Here is a video (hopefully it works and sorry it's in French) Nick checked the track this morning before prepping it. The results are readings of 350-450 on his torque wrench. This is after street cars beat up the track for a few hours after the events.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10157282056448015&id=587538014
I think we (napierville gang) should plan a weekend an take advantage of the border being closed.
I recall lots of U.S. plates there last year.

OP
Hpindy

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #23
I think we (napierville gang) should plan a weekend an take advantage of the border being closed.
I recall lots of U.S. plates there last year.
Plus I want to try out my new "secret" mod .......

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I just read up on track prep. Apparently a torque reading of 350-400 is good and 450 is really good. So the track after the event and 4 hrs of street cars running on it is still considered good prep the next morning before they prepped it. Test and tune on Saturday and Sunday is $30. So way cheaper than renting it. I have been entering the bracket races for $60 but would get about the same runs in by entering test and tune.
If you guys come down I may stay at the hotel with you guys to cut down on the traveling time.
James I ordered a kestrel and should be getting it tomorrow. The varied info is driving me nuts. When you come down we can compare the readings.😉

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
L
The American racers that come up regularly are going through withdrawals. LOL

oilburner

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
coboconk
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
I just read up on track prep. Apparently a torque reading of 350-400 is good and 450 is really good. So the track after the event and 4 hrs of street cars running on it is still considered good prep the next morning before they prepped it. Test and tune on Saturday and Sunday is $30. So way cheaper than renting it. I have been entering the bracket races for $60 but would get about the same runs in by entering test and tune.
If you guys come down I may stay at the hotel with you guys to cut down on the traveling time.
James I ordered a kestrel and should be getting it tomorrow. The varied info is driving me nuts. When you come down we can compare the readings.😉
lets do it!! but you guys that still work etc. pick the weekend. I like the 5 to 10 practice. cooler air

oilburner

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
coboconk
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
The American racers that come up regularly are going through withdrawals. LOL[/QUOTE]

I bet they are ,what`s not to like, their money goes 30% further an a great track ta boot.;)

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
The American racers that come up regularly are going through withdrawals. LOL

I bet they are ,what`s not to like, their money goes 30% further an a great track ta boot.;)[/QUOTE]

It's unfortunate the track champ is from Vermont and can't come up to defend his title.