Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

HOW LONG WILL YOU KEEP YOUR HELLCAT

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
My 2015 Challenger Hellcat #834 is a keeper for sure. I had planned on the 2019 Challenger Redeye being my last new car but, it has some issues and if not resolved soon it will go to a new home.
What's wrong with that PCP Red Eye?

RedEye19FL

Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradenton
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 TorRed Challenger RedEye
Sounds like your going to the Villages which my wife thinks that’s the best damn place to move. And I’m like no oh no oh no told her maybe 10-15 years and that’s a big big maybe lol.
Talked to some folks who live there on my recent cruise. They love it! There are car clubs, shooting ranges, you name it. It is a very active community!:)

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Talked to some folks who live there on my recent cruise. They love it! There are car clubs, shooting ranges, you name it. It is a very active community!:)
No doubt it’s got a lot too offer and that place is expanding to other areas which gonna be a whole other city eventually. But I don’t want to accept I’m gonna be an old fart and have to give up my lifestyle yet.

RedEye19FL

Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradenton
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Good guess! It’s a done deal. I built an oversized garage but still have to sell the cars. We are renting it out seasonally for the next couple of years. We were there for the month of August when we closed on it and went back for the first three weeks of November to do some work on it and actually miss being there already! We’ll come back to Virginia for Holdays and special occasions. View attachment 7719
Beautiful home. I almost wish I bought into there instead of SW Florida, but I love where I am. It's just not a real community here.

RedEye19FL

Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradenton
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Right now, I plan on keeping my Challenger RedEye for a long time. After waiting 4 months for it to get repaired from a accident, it makes no sense to get rid of it. They bodywork on it is impeccable.

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
2019 Redeye is a forever car for me. 1 of 1 and 1 of only 2 Granite's in Canada.:D

thumbnail_IMG_0527.jpg

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
No doubt it’s got a lot too offer and that place is expanding to other areas which gonna be a whole other city eventually. But I don’t want to accept I’m gonna be an old fart and have to give up my lifestyle yet.
Looking forward to changing our lifestyle. Of course, my better half has a lot to do with it but she is more forward thinking than me! It’s not just for old farts. There are lots of people there in their 50’s and early 60’s. We already have more friends down there after two trips in August and November than in our own neighborhood after 35 years. I don’t have to give up my cars completely...just downsize it. I may take up pickle ball or bocci. I’ve been playing golf for over 50 years. They have 39 executive golf courses and 12 championship courses in The Villages. Live music in all 3 Village squares 365 nights a year. They are literally dancing in the street every night. There may not be any other place like it in the USA? It just took a couple of visits and we decided it was worth making a change.

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye is a forever car for me. 1 of 1 and 1 of only 2 Granite's in Canada.:D

View attachment 7749
1 of 4 with an anti-spin rear axle? What rear is standard? I can’t believe an anti-spin rear axle is an option on a red-eye? Is that different than a limited slip?

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
1 of 4 with an anti-spin rear axle? What rear is standard? I can’t believe an anti-spin rear axle is an option on a red-eye? Is that different than a limited slip?
No 100% have anti spin axle.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB

View attachment 7749
The "other" Granite has a sunroof. Nice work!

I am also a proud 1/1. Besides the satisfaction of less '19 REWB's than '18 Demons (sorry, but, it is a fact now Demon owners). On mine it looks like of the 180 Octane Reds, most being on this Forum, half do not have the sunroof, 1/3 of them have my 3.09, only seven others have black calipers, but of the five who got leather optioned like that, only I selected sepia (only 5.9% of the total!!!), then loaded it up with everything except the NAV. Love it!

Attachments

OLDBAYCRAB

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middle River
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger WB Redeye Octane Red
X4

My 16 HC M6 is a keeper. For back roads spirited cruising I like 3 pedal cars so no RE in my future. Don't care what the "market" is - mine is not going anywhere. Plus BB watched out for / signed the car so it was a special build experience for me.
@CPRHDSRT, Love the pic of the HC. Very nice. Just can't get tired of the plum crazy color.

I still plan to keep the RE forever and leave it to my son eventually. He still has his 392, so his garage will probably have two challengers in it someday.

He will be getting to the ceramic coat on the RE soon, weather/cold temps permitting. Will be heating the garage with the 150K BTU heater. Should keep things toasty enough.

I will catch up with you. [cheers]

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Maybe sell the Barracuda and keep the Cat...but the classic is reallymore appropriate for The Villages. The speed limit is mostly 35 mph!:) Maybe I’ll sell everything and buy something new in a couple of years... View attachment 7727
I think you should keep the Hellcat when you move to the Villages & be the neighborhood Hell raiser & do 135 in the 35 mph speed zone , :LOL:.
Good luck to you what ever you do !

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
The "other" Granite has a sunroof. Nice work!

I am also a proud 1/1. Besides the satisfaction of less '19 REWB's than '18 Demons (sorry, but, it is a fact now Demon owners). On mine it looks like of the 180 Octane Reds, most being on this Forum, half do not have the sunroof, 1/3 of them have my 3.09, only seven others have black calipers, but of the five who got leather optioned like that, only I selected sepia (only 5.9% of the total!!!), then loaded it up with everything except the NAV. Love it!
Congrats! I am actually surprised how many Redeyes were built. I thought there would be a lot less total WB and NBs put together. The weird thing is less Redeyes came to Canada then the 300 Demons. WB and NB total Redeyes delivered to Canada 212. Also not many people ordered the rear seat delete.

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Looking forward to changing our lifestyle. Of course, my better half has a lot to do with it but she is more forward thinking than me! It’s not just for old farts. There are lots of people there in their 50’s and early 60’s. We already have more friends down there after two trips in August and November than in our own neighborhood after 35 years. I don’t have to give up my cars completely...just downsize it. I may take up pickle ball or bocci. I’ve been playing golf for over 50 years. They have 39 executive golf courses and 12 championship courses in The Villages. Live music in all 3 Village squares 365 nights a year. They are literally dancing in the street every night. There may not be any other place like it in the USA? It just took a couple of visits and we decided it was worth making a change.
My dads cousin lives their and we have been their many times and it definitely is a happening place. I’m not ready to give up my land and free for all of I do whatever the hell I want to do lol lifestyle. But yes it’s a really good idea to retire to and yes 50s and 60s and hell there are elementary, middle schools and high schools so their is a lot of not so old people their as well. And here’s and idea we should open up the toys only Parking and garage area lol and make some money off site. No difference than the storage RV and Boat parks. Let me know if you figure that one out:D

Mike L.

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Yorba Linda
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger Hellcat A8

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Let's ALL move down there, bring the wild toys with us and show them how to really party in the streets. I know if they ever have me in a weak moment to move there or somewhere similar, I am keeping the toys, even if they need to be parked at an off-site man cave.

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
No 100% have anti spin axle.
Axle:Anti-spin looks like an option on your Configuration Tree with only 3 Global and 1 Canada? I wouldn’t think so but is it different than LSD?

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Let's ALL move down there, bring the wild toys with us and show them how to really party in the streets. I know if they ever have me in a weak moment to move there or somewhere similar, I am keeping the toys, even if they need to be parked at an off-site man cave.
I wouldn’t like keeping mine offsite but I guess there are some offsite man caves being built for guys who want a place like that?

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Can I go and shoot at their cars?

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
I wouldn’t like keeping mine offsite but I guess there are some offsite man caves being built for guys who want a place like that?
Oh yes. Think about it, if we are blessed to have the same spouse for that long, you will need a man cave for you and other friends to enjoy our toys. Unless you have a very understanding spouse.