Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

HPtuners Question and Answer Thread

Trader history for ostmike (0)

OP
ostmike

ostmike

Vendor
7 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Portersville
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Hellcat
Thread Starter #121
Mike , sent you a pm that you never answered. I would like to know if you can make this happen on my charger? Thanks
replied

Member ID
Reactions
City
Chicago
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2013 Chrysler 300 hellcat
Hello, so i have a hellcat swap 300 that is tuned on hp tuner and my transmission broke so i put a new transmission in and changed the tcm to my old tcm. When i try to relearn the transmission it fails every time. Any suggestions?

OP
ostmike

ostmike

Vendor
7 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Portersville
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Hellcat
Thread Starter #123
Hello, so i have a hellcat swap 300 that is tuned on hp tuner and my transmission broke so i put a new transmission in and changed the tcm to my old tcm. When i try to relearn the transmission it fails every time. Any suggestions?
I am going to need some more information. WHat year 300? What trans? Did you keep the stock PCM or swap it as well?

HMBRGLR

10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Stockton
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Challenger Hellcat
sub'd for future reading. i wanna learn this soooo much but seems like soooooooo much time is needed to dedicate to it

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
sub'd for future reading. i wanna learn this soooo much but seems like soooooooo much time is needed to dedicate to it
just take everything one step at a time. Tuning for injectors just start researching just that one part. Do not do a search for how to tune a hellcat. Search for how to tune hemi injectors or hellcat injectors will get you close.

OP
ostmike

ostmike

Vendor
7 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Portersville
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Hellcat
Thread Starter #126
A good place to start if you are not familiar with loading the software, datalogging, loading tunes etc. would be the "How to's" section of our Youtube channel under "Playlists". These are old, non-professional videos but they have helped our customers out quite a bit.

Subscribe to our YouTube Channel - OSTDyno

HMBRGLR

10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Stockton
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Challenger Hellcat
A good place to start if you are not familiar with loading the software, datalogging, loading tunes etc. would be the "How to's" section of our Youtube channel under "Playlists". These are old, non-professional videos but they have helped our customers out quite a bit.

Subscribe to our YouTube Channel - OSTDyno
thank you for suggestion. im pretty sure i kno that but im trying to look into as totally fresh brand new eyes to absorb alllll the information

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
This might be in the weeds as we say but I am referencing

"[ECM] 44442 - FA WOT Pedal: Above this pedal voltage, the fueling algorithm considers the pedal to be a WOT request."

1694272220359.png

and

"[ECM] 35059 - WOT Override Throttle Setpoint: Throttle setpoint used when WOT is commanded and WOT override is enabled."

1694272245921.png

Which one of these has priority? I have seen in my logs that the Throttle is at wot, the pedal is at 2.2 volts (approximately 50%) and no fuel enrichment is occurring. The FA Enrich is at 0.000 and as soon as the throttle blitzes past 2.5 it adds fuel in a ramp. However the car is very unhappy till then (making 14psi of boost). I have compared the Override values from a Demon and they solve this by adding in lower values for an override.

1694272501218.png

The car does not run lean (thank god) but it is also not enriched. In your tuning wisdom have you come across this? Additionally are there any semantic differences or dangers from switching this flag to IAT?

1694272666441.png
([ECM] 44650 - IAT Spark Select: Selects IAT or Manifold Air Temp for IAT Spark calculations.)

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger He’ll Cat

"[ECM] 44442 - FA WOT Pedal: Above this pedal voltage, the fueling algorithm considers the pedal to be a WOT request."

View attachment 115215

and

"[ECM] 35059 - WOT Override Throttle Setpoint: Throttle setpoint used when WOT is commanded and WOT override is enabled."

View attachment 115216

Which one of these has priority? I have seen in my logs that the Throttle is at wot, the pedal is at 2.2 volts (approximately 50%) and no fuel enrichment is occurring. The FA Enrich is at 0.000 and as soon as the throttle blitzes past 2.5 it adds fuel in a ramp. However the car is very unhappy till then (making 14psi of boost). I have compared the Override values from a Demon and they solve this by adding in lower values for an override.

View attachment 115218

The car does not run lean (thank god) but it is also not enriched. In your tuning wisdom have you come across this? Additionally are there any semantic differences or dangers from switching this flag to IAT?

View attachment 115219
([ECM] 44650 - IAT Spark Select: Selects IAT or Manifold Air Temp for IAT Spark calculations.)
Good questions. On the last question IAT SPARK SELECT, I would stick with MAT, it’s what the engine is ingesting.

OP
ostmike

ostmike

Vendor
7 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Portersville
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Hellcat
Thread Starter #130

View attachment 115215

and

View attachment 115216

View attachment 115218

View attachment 115219
I use ECM44443 to control when FA Enrichment (PE) occurs. I use ECM44389 to impact throttle opening rate. I am not sure what ECM35059 does for sure but I assume it is a limiter on ECM44389 so I set it out of the way (if it isn't already set that way from the factory).

So if I am understanding your question correctly it is not a matter of priority. One controls when PE occurs and the other limits the throttle opening. If slowing down your throttle opening makes the car run better then you most likely need to review the fueling programming in your calibration. Keep in mind that when you are running the black key you will have NO power enrichment at WOT even in boost. With the black key the bypass will limit boost but it will still be in boost at WOT with NO PE and the vehicle runs well like this from the factory.

Concerning the IAT question - I have not had the need to alter the factory setting of MAT so I have no information to share.

AlleyCat

500 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oro Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 HC Challenger
Mike,
Where in the tune can I desensitize the misfire for the engine? What should I set it at with your demon cam and about 18 pounds of boost?
Alan

OP
ostmike

ostmike

Vendor
7 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Portersville
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Hellcat
Thread Starter #132
Mike,
Where in the tune can I desensitize the misfire for the engine? What should I set it at with your demon cam and about 18 pounds of boost?
Alan
The Demon cam should not need any misfire settings modified.
If you are running the Demon Plus cam I would start with setting the Engine Diagnostics/Misfire/Detection RPM higher than any RPM you will be running. If you continue to have misfire warnings I recommend talking to your tuner since he/she may disagree with my recommendations for the next steps.

AlleyCat

500 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oro Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 HC Challenger
Mike,
IN the cold my E85 does not like to fire up. Yes, it gets cold in Tucson. :)
Which tables may help with that and what should I set them at?
Thanks

OP
ostmike

ostmike

Vendor
7 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Portersville
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Hellcat
Thread Starter #134
Mike,
IN the cold my E85 does not like to fire up. Yes, it gets cold in Tucson. :)
Which tables may help with that and what should I set them at?
Thanks
The main table that will impact cold start is Startup Inj PW. There is certainly more involved in getting a car to start and stay running in cold weather on ethanol but that is where I start. I can't advise on "what should I set them at" since this will be dependent on the injectors you are running, ethanol content, engine modifications, fuel system etc. Talk to your tuner. If they are experienced enough with ethanol tuning they should be able to get you squared away pretty quickly.

If you spend enough time on it you can get these results: