Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Huffer Puffer Build

Demon1

500 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Naples
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Demon
A couple of you know I bought a hurt Demon engine several months ago. Although most of the internals could have been reused, I wanted something that would be fast from Day 1 but a base platform capable of significant incremental upgrades. The engine has been rebuilt as a 426 stroker with internals capable of handling 1400+ HP. The engine hasn’t been dyno tested, but it’s estimated in the 1000 HP range currently.

Although I haven’t settled on transmission choice, it’s more than likely to be Turbo 400 because of it’s tried and true capability. I’m intrigued with the latest transmission upgrades that Marc Heidings is testing. I’ll be in Bradenton next week to see how it and the new torque converter perform. It would be nice to pair this upgraded A8 with the upgraded Demon engine.

I have been searching for just the right car for my project. It needs to be capable of handling the planned HP levels AND have a certain “cool” factor —- What I consider cool even if others don’t. Well —— I finally found THE car.

I don’t know how often I’ll update posts here, but I’ll keep informing as progress is made. I don’t want to rush the process and make a major mistake. My engineer approach to things getting in the way I guess. Here are a couple of teaser photos. A14B224F-3728-4515-B6AE-C72DC233856A.png 44EF7323-3957-4121-AFF0-96D024089492.png 8D1005E9-6E2D-4E54-8D0F-7889AF94EC02.png

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
Excited to see this build. Thanks for sharing.

HRJ

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Porsche GT3
68-69 Barracuda?

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Look at all that tub....

Meeeeeeeeeeats.....

;)

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
A couple of you know I bought a hurt Demon engine several months ago. Although most of the internals could have been reused, I wanted something that would be fast from Day 1 but a base platform capable of significant incremental upgrades. The engine has been rebuilt as a 426 stroker with internals capable of handling 1400+ HP. The engine hasn’t been dyno tested, but it’s estimated in the 1000 HP range currently.

Although I haven’t settled on transmission choice, it’s more than likely to be Turbo 400 because of it’s tried and true capability. I’m intrigued with the latest transmission upgrades that Marc Heidings is testing. I’ll be in Bradenton next week to see how it and the new torque converter perform. It would be nice to pair this upgraded A8 with the upgraded Demon engine.

I have been searching for just the right car for my project. It needs to be capable of handling the planned HP levels AND have a certain “cool” factor —- What I consider cool even if others don’t. Well —— I finally found THE car.

I don’t know how often I’ll update posts here, but I’ll keep informing as progress is made. I don’t want to rush the process and make a major mistake. My engineer approach to things getting in the way I guess. Here are a couple of teaser photos. View attachment 12539 View attachment 12540 View attachment 12541
Tease!!!

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Tease......er!!

OP
Demon1

Demon1

500 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Naples
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Demon
Thread Starter #7
OP
Demon1

Demon1

500 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Naples
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Demon
Thread Starter #8
Look at all that tub....

Meeeeeeeeeeats.....

;)
LOL! Enough meat to gag a lion!:LOL:

jgilj

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
21 Challenger Super Stock

Altlhough I haven’t settled on transmission choice, it’s more than likely to be Turbo 400 because of it’s tried and true capability. I’m intrigued with the latest transmission upgrades that Marc Heidings is testing. I’ll be in Bradenton next week to see how it and the new torque converter perform. It would be nice to pair this upgraded A8 with the upgraded Demon engine.

I don’t know how often I’ll update posts here, but I’ll keep informing as progress is made. I don’t want to rush the process and make a major mistake. My engineer approach to things getting in the way I guess. Here are a couple of teaser photos. View attachment 12539 View attachment 12540 View attachment 12541
Looks like a beast in the making! Now some nice work going on there!

Hellion

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Johnstown
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Charger
Looks like a great start to something fast. Looking forward to seeing the final product.

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
This should be good. 👍
Anxiously waiting for updates.
It's hard to see it in the pics with that bright red. I'm guessing 67-69 dart? Basically just going off the corners of the bottom of the trunk lid and the opening. 🤷‍♂️

Member ID
Reactions
City
Goodyear
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
HellCat Challenger
Dart

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
This should be good. 👍
Anxiously waiting for updates.
It's hard to see it in the pics with that bright red. I'm guessing 67-69 dart? Basically just going off the corners of the bottom of the trunk lid and the opening. 🤷‍♂️
Oooh... that's gonna be deadly.

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George