Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

I never knew there was so much hate on black wheels.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
I'm not sure the're all still alive...
...buh dump bump....I know...I know...you'll be here through the weekend...two shows on saturday....don't forget to try the chicken...and remember to tip the waitresses :p

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150

Hemiride

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Farwell
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
To me black painted wheels screams "cheap"
If you've ever seen the chrome plating process you know it's cost much more than spray painting. That's why manufacturers like painted wheels.
Now manufacturers offer a chrome bumper pkg. "For extra $$" on their pickup trucks.
I don't care for my brass monkey wheels either

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
To me black painted wheels screams "cheap"
If you've ever seen the chrome plating process you know it's cost much more than spray painting. That's why manufacturers like painted wheels.
Now manufacturers offer a chrome bumper pkg. "For extra $$" on their pickup trucks.
I don't care for my brass monkey wheels either
Sorry but for me chrome wheels = bling imo (Besides Dgatz). All that extra $$ in the expensive plating process just to make most vehicles blingy to me lol. Don’t care about people thinking my vehicle looks cheap, better than blinged out for me.
Cheap wins for me lol. Although im not a Brass Monkey fan either. See? We agree lol.

Hemiride

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Farwell
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Sorry but for me chrome wheels = bling imo (Besides Dgatz). All that extra $$ in the expensive plating process just to make most vehicles blingy to me lol. Don’t care about people thinking my vehicle looks cheap, better than blinged out for me.
Cheap wins for me lol. Although im not a Brass Monkey fan either. See? We agree lol.
Actually I prefer a machined aluminum wheel with black accents over a chrome wheel. So we kind of agree lol

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Charger SRT HellcatJailbreak , 2019 RedEye WB
D5D3A4E0-6807-4E78-8E0E-DD4DA55CC29D.jpeg

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Years ago when it came to wheels me and my buddy would say "If it ain't chrome take it home" then years later we changed it to "If it ain't black bring it back". I wonder what our next wheel rhyme will be?

Daman98

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smithsburg
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
In the Market
Why isn
I had a choice of Aluminum and Gold before I landed on black with my Rohana's with red center caps. I think it looks cleaner and more sleek in black and matches with the rest of my car.

No way in hell you'll ever see me in chrome wheels :sick:

View attachment 11164
Why isn't this one up for HFHCOTM. Nice looking car.

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
All of my cars have black wheels, or at least a set of black wheels, and I completely hate myself for it. The second every soccer mom started rolling around in factory murdered out CUVs and minivans you know the trend is done.

Heminized

Founding Member
U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
New Smyrna Beach
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger
I don't need shiny and bright. Blacked out is the way to go. I don't want the attention.
1580150321508.png

Last edited:

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye

Phizzle

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
San Francisco
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger Hellcat
Why isn
Why isn't this one up for HFHCOTM. Nice looking car.
Thanks man! Maybe I'll enter it next month or something. Weather sucks and I don't take her out enough. When I do, I'm not snapping pics like I should be...excuses I know.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
Years ago when it came to wheels me and my buddy would say "If it ain't chrome take it home" then years later we changed it to "If it ain't black bring it back". I wonder what our next wheel rhyme will be?
If you have Brass Monkey, you like them big and chunky...

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
I got em cause they don't show dirt. New brake pads work great. Thanks El Ri Co la. The man has been working too hard.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Learned ages ago, everyone likes different, wheels, colors, themes, everything. That is plenty okay, that is change and innovation at work.

I was really into custom bikes. Even won big contests with a major chrome looking bike. I like chrome! You guys think you want to walk up to the guys whom believe chrome is cool at a motorcycle show and tell them you believe they are using the chrome to attract attention, and therefore they should ride/buy that new black wheeled model that you are driving??

Notice I say I don't like black, okay, but I don't call people names or make assumptions as to WHY, or the reasons they have selected wheels that are a different color than I like.

You guys see any similarities between these two vehicles? Besides the spruce trees and two wheels! It just looks as good in my mind to the chemicals that flow in your mind looking at the black wheels.

IMG_1806.JPG IMG_0694.PNG

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Learned ages ago, everyone likes different, wheels, colors, themes, everything. That is plenty okay, that is change and innovation at work.

I was really into custom bikes. Even won big contests with a major chrome looking bike. I like chrome! You guys think you want to walk up to the guys whom believe chrome is cool at a motorcycle show and tell them you believe they are using the chrome to attract attention, and therefore they should ride/buy that new black wheeled model that you are driving??

Notice I say I don't like black, okay, but I don't call people names or make assumptions as to WHY, or the reasons they have selected wheels that are a different color than I like.

You guys see any similarities between these two vehicles? Besides the spruce trees and two wheels! It just looks as good in my mind to the chemicals that flow in your mind looking at the black wheels.

View attachment 11237 View attachment 11238
Nice bike is that a big bear chopper?

I think we may be long lost brothers from the old country. I normally don't turn on the LEDs it is a little too much but makes for cool pictures.
3B6966FA-1967-4BA6-8715-3F34A9C0CB7F.jpeg F5AAB6BB-FE9B-4AD1-842F-F3F550DFD164.jpeg 5854C7EF-F963-4908-B7BC-6571AD3539E1.jpeg

Last edited:

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle

I think we may be long lost brothers from the old country. I normally don't turn on the LEDs it is a little too much but makes for cool pictures.
View attachment 11239 View attachment 11240 View attachment 11241
Too cool. My HD had LED's on it, but about 15 or more yr ago, a local county cop pulled us over one night and gave me hell about it. Screw it, I unfortunately removed them. The more you post and show, it scares me Bro!

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle

View attachment 11239 View attachment 11240 View attachment 11241
Forgot, no it was a War Eagle frame. That rolling chassis was the one we nearly had to go collect the frame from the damn builder with cannons in the back hills of TN.