Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

I never knew there was so much hate on black wheels.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Thanks buddy. Though I said I'd never sell, I'm about to put it up for sale. It was pretty hot in its day at 550 / 550 crank, but now it is just passe.
Yeah, it might be a few years old, but 550/550 isn't anything to sneeze at, it's still very respectable. I liked that series, and the G8 with the V8 in it as well. I don't remember if that made it a GTP or not as I never researched all the ins and out of the package. Those cars actually have quite a following, and there's some nasty ones out there. Your GTO looks sleek and clean. The next owner should get a nice vehicle.
I worked overseas with a guy that had the GTO, and everytime he went home on leave he had something else done to it. I know that he had headwork done, cam swap, and bunch more. He told me that he was up over 600hp, but I don't know where it ever wound up. I saw the car once and it sounded real nasty.

Taxinator

Member ID
Reactions
City
SANTA CLARITA
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger SRT
Wheel color just like vehicle color goes through phases of popularity. Black wheels have been popular for a while now so it's not surprising that some people are starting to get tired of seeing them. That being said, I just had my BC Forged wheels powder coated gloss black last week.
Pics?!?

Yoguard

Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Rochester
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat
Learned ages ago, everyone likes different, wheels, colors, themes, everything. That is plenty okay, that is change and innovation at work.

I was really into custom bikes. Even won big contests with a major chrome looking bike. I like chrome! You guys think you want to walk up to the guys whom believe chrome is cool at a motorcycle show and tell them you believe they are using the chrome to attract attention, and therefore they should ride/buy that new black wheeled model that you are driving??

Notice I say I don't like black, okay, but I don't call people names or make assumptions as to WHY, or the reasons they have selected wheels that are a different color than I like.

You guys see any similarities between these two vehicles? Besides the spruce trees and two wheels! It just looks as good in my mind to the chemicals that flow in your mind looking at the black wheels.

View attachment 11237 View attachment 11238
Back in the 60s & 70s, people my age did chrome, from wheels to engine compartments. My favorite were of course Cragars. In the late 70s it was Pontiac & gold/gray colors. Now I love the black wheels, even though I still enjoy the looks of most chrome wheels. Cars are like woman, to be looked at and admired, but also be respected for their individuality. Still enjoying cars and women at my age in snowy western NY.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
We all like different things so you should have what you like. Just think if everyone liked the same thing and we all drove chevys, sounds like HELL to me!

Last edited:

Blkout

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warner Robins
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
LOL, do you not get what I said? I said I take them on a case by case basis - if they suck, shit can them. If they rock, use them. What I do not do is say all AEDs by X are great (just like I don't say all cars by Dodge are great).

View attachment 11305
Off topic but is that video of a jackass disarming a mine with a sledgehammer real?

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Back in the 60s & 70s, people my age did chrome, from wheels to engine compartments. My favorite were of course Cragars. In the late 70s it was Pontiac & gold/gray colors. Now I love the black wheels, even though I still enjoy the looks of most chrome wheels. Cars are like woman, to be looked at and admired, but also be respected for their individuality. Still enjoying cars and women at my age in snowy western NY.
Even then, I was never into the Crager brand (the chrome sure). Don't know why, just never tickled my fancy.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Off topic but is that video of a jackass disarming a mine with a sledgehammer real?
It's my understanding (and this is not verified) that that was supposed to be a practical joke, and that it got out of hand.

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Saw that on TV.
Celebration of some kind. People create fireworks and detonate them.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Even then, I was never into the Crager brand (the chrome sure). Don't know why, just never tickled my fancy.
I liked Cragars to a point, but I absolutely had a thing for Centerline Auto Drags. I loved those wheels. If they made them today in a size that would fit my Challenger, I would have a set on there. Pizza cutters in the front and the widest ones I could fit on the back....just like back in ancient times :)

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
I liked Cragars to a point, but I absolutely had a thing for Centerline Auto Drags. I loved those wheels. If they made them today in a size that would fit my Challenger, I would have a set on there. Pizza cutters in the front and the widest ones I could fit on the back....just like back in ancient times :)
Hence my quest to put 345s on the back of this one... lol

photos-1-10.jpg

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Hence my quest to put 345s on the back of this one... lol

View attachment 11977
When we went to ATCO last fall, a guy was running a stripped down 1320 and he had done a brake conversion that allowed him to put 15 inch wheels on it, so he could use basically whatever drag wheel/tire he wanted.....but the brake conversion ain't cheap.
That Challenger above would get ticketed out the whazzoo up here for those sticking out so far.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
You bet it would. California or Arizona I think from the plate.

VARedEye

Member ID
Reactions
City
Martinsburg
State
WV
Country
United States
Vehicle
Redeye
Black on black for me😎
4ECEC0A1-F589-408F-A05B-2C6CC0CF9393.jpeg

Grape Ape

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Braselton
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Black wheels mess with my OCD. The wheel blends in with the tire and it drives me nuts. If there is a polished lip or something it's all good though. But that's just me. I'm weird like that.

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
OK , lets bring this thread back to life , I like my black wheels but I also like chrome & polished lip too.

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
OK , lets bring this thread back to life , I like my black wheels but I also like chrome & polished lip too.
Guess it's personal preference.
The black wheels on my Torred car with black trim sets off the red calipers perfectly....
For me.
@DGatzby. Looks amazing w/chrome and Octane Red car.
I couldn't stand my Brass Monkeys on my 16.
Always looked dirty.
I would finish cleaning them, look at them, then think I missed allot. So would clean them again.

Yoguard

Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Rochester
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat
The black wheels on my Torred car with black trim sets off the red calipers perfectly....
For me.
Always looked dirty.
I would finish cleaning them, look at them, then think I missed allot. So would clean them again.
The knockers are the worst....o_O:ROFLMAO:

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
For me.
Always looked dirty.
Should have seen the heads turn yesterday. Had the black wheels on until about 2pm, then got out the chrome and big meats for the last two sessions. Chrome is faster too[rockon][rockon]

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
For me.
Always looked dirty.
I agree , the Brass Monkeys are the only color or finish that I don't like , for me.