Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Is this worth it?

Jon-MooredPerformanceLLC

Vendor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Martin
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Let me run some numbers. But if you have a 30k budget. We could do compound turbos with a flex tune and have boost on the fly. You could be 700 wheel or 1300 wheel with the right engineat the touch of the bottom. Engine and trans will be the limitation of the turbo setup. Stock engine anything north of 950 starts to really push it. But once you did an engine you touch a button and make more power.
shoot me a message and we can get some pricing going including install. I’d like to know the plans with the car.
if you don’t want to spend 30k. I offer similar packages for much less including instal.

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
I will have one more build coming this weekend. The same as the one I just posted but a 3.8 whipple last one had a 3.0.
They will be on Dyno in a couple weeks back to back.
Jon and myself do this more as a hobby. We have good day jobs.
Dave helps with the transmissions. Just a bunch of friends working together

You guys changing the world, one monster motor at a time ;)

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
Apparently there are HC owners out there that do not go on forums and have no clue what performance options are available. Some customers would rather give $30k to a Dodge dealer than make any effort to find other options. Simple marketing that Dodge is capitalizing on.

Look at all the stupid, unreliable, under-performing cars out there with terrible resale, realizing people buy them up and don’t care. It impresses their even more car ignorant friends!

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Did I miss injectors on the list? Personally I wouldn't run that much pulley on a stock, regular hellcat engine. Just my opinion.

BTW, he'll no.

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
Apparently there are HC owners out there that do not go on forums and have no clue what performance options are available. Some customers would rather give $30k to a Dodge dealer than make any effort to find other options. Simple marketing that Dodge is capitalizing on.

Look at all the stupid, unreliable, under-performing cars out there with terrible resale, realizing people buy them up and don’t care. It impresses their even more car ignorant friends!
Exactly, and @covidcommander did the right thing and seems like he got a full quote up front showing the $$$$s.
Now he can be use it to compare prices and just like he is doing and is asking forum members for opinions.

But sadly HE just won't be able to get that upgradable Silver Detail Option :p

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
IMG_3972.png
because I was curious what silver was. Dang they don’t even clean the inside of the wheel. Shoot.

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
View attachment 131996
because I was curious what silver was. Dang they don’t even clean the inside of the wheel. Shoot.
Well, there ya go.....We Now know they Do a Half ass job!

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
That shop is the biggest rip off, the biggest. It’s been known for a long time now

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Did I miss injectors on the list? Personally I wouldn't run that much pulley on a stock, regular hellcat engine. Just my opinion.

BTW, he'll no.
I run a 2.69, it’s fine

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
That shop is the biggest rip off, the biggest. It’s been known for a long time now
Most of the big hellcat shops are and their tuning is less then spectacular.

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
thing is their pulleys fail. It seemed like a nice concept

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
These are literally some of the easiest cars and engines to work on period. No reason for a shop to do anything besides build then engine and transmission

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat

Hatermkr

1000 Posts Club
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
West bend
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 helldemon
People pay it.

Bowlerguy92

10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Hellcat Charger Redeye Widebody
I don't understand how they can run that amount of power on a non built engine. My stock engine burned to the ground with just a 3.10 pulley and injectors. Maybe bad luck on my part but I have to think you're realllllly rolling the dice with a package like that.

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
The “pulley build “ has been around for years and at this point is established. +10% on the crank (pinned) and a supercharger pulley of choice depending on whether it’s a 2.4 or 2.7. Pumps and injectors for e85 and a decent intake/filter and you’ve got 900 whp. On top of that there’s tuning. Unlock the computer and purchase the HP credits you need and pay for pcm/tcm “calibration”. If you want to run pump gas for daily then get another SC pulley and secondary tune that you can flip back and forth. If you think that’s too much work then you need to learn how easy that is to do. If that’s a unenjoyable proposition then you shouldn’t be doing this at all. You're talking two days max at a shop that is experienced and specializes in doing this. $10k OTD. In addition… driveshaft and axles if it’s not a Redeye. Regardless it should get everything Performance and AAD has in support for the driveline. Can you spend $30k? Easy. But for what that place is selling… it really says a lot about who they are. Too bad they decided to do that.

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
To be completely fair that is with a 2-year 24,000 mile full drivetrain warranty.

Normal level 3 without the warranty included is significantly less... and even their level five which includes the Hellion twin turbo kit and a slew of supporting stuff is only $23,999 without the warranty.

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
To be completely fair that is with a 2-year 24,000 mile full drivetrain warranty.

Normal level 3 without the warranty included is significantly less... and even their level five which includes the Hellion twin turbo kit and a slew of supporting stuff is only $23,999 without the warranty.
20k extra because they know it’ll blow up, makes sense lol. So even if it blows up they’re still making money

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
I don't understand how they can run that amount of power on a non built engine. My stock engine burned to the ground with just a 3.10 pulley and injectors. Maybe bad luck on my part but I have to think you're realllllly rolling the dice with a package like that.
Bad luck 😢

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
20k extra because they know it’ll blow up, makes sense lol. So even if it blows up they’re still making money
The reason they do all the engine Diagnostics beforehand is to make sure it qualifies for the warranty. That's what you're paying for. Not the parts or labor. Looking at the base kit without the warranty it almost Falls in line with numerous other shops. Of course you can do better on your own that's the point but for people that don't want to mess with it...

I'm not saying it's worth it...but at least get apples to apples here.