Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

It Has To End Eventually I Guess

HWDan

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Home of the Hellcat
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2017 Charger SRT 392
On the other hand, Stellantis CEO was also quoted as saying ...

"What has been decided is to impose on the automotive industry electrification that brings 50% additional costs against a conventional vehicle," he said. "There is no way we can transfer 50% of additional costs to the final consumer because most parts of the middle class will not be able to pay."

Contrary to what click-bait news articles are trying to push, the next gen gas powered Charger/Challengers in one form or another are still coming.

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
I had a dream last night that the 23 hellcats would have an awd option. I think that will be their last hurrah and the game changer that Tim spoke of in early Nov. If they already have the awd GT challenger, HC Durango, Trackhawk and TRX I don't think it's that farfetched. Mainly a matter of fitting that big diff up front I guess.

or just wishful thinking lol

Last edited:

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I had a dream last night that the 23 hellcats would have an awd option. I think that will be their last hurrah and the game changer that Tim spoke of in early Nov. If they already have the awd GT challenger, HC Durango, Trackhawk and TRX I don't think it's that farfetched. Mainly a matter of fitting that big diff up front I guess.

or just wishful thinking lol

Two problems with the AWD GT Challenger, it's a V6 for God's sake! The drivetrain they used couldn't come close. And have you seen the ground clearance on that sucker! You could fit a medium size mammal under there.

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
Two problems with the AWD GT Challenger, it's a V6 for God's sake! The drivetrain they used couldn't come close. And have you seen the ground clearance on that sucker! You could fit a medium size mammal under there.
I know, I know.. BUT what if they’ve been working on this a while and saving it while cashing in on their other models? They harp on giving us what we want. Who wouldn’t want that?

like I said wishful thinking 🤔

Anguish

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Windsor
State
OH
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
On the other hand, Stellantis CEO was also quoted as saying ...

"What has been decided is to impose on the automotive industry electrification that brings 50% additional costs against a conventional vehicle," he said. "There is no way we can transfer 50% of additional costs to the final consumer because most parts of the middle class will not be able to pay."

Contrary to what click-bait news articles are trying to push, the next gen gas powered Charger/Challengers in one form or another are still coming.
I don't think that's the only reasonable take-home from the statement. For instance, "... therefore we are grateful for the subsidies that are being granted to us to transition to electric." Because at least here in Canada, we've invested heavily at the federal level into exactly that. Another take is "... therefore we will need to spread the 50% cost increase for electric vehicles across our entire product line, specifically those vehicles that remain ICE for now. Such as trucks." Another point is "... therefore we cannot maintain manufacture of ICE Hellcat vehicles, where we have to buy credits to offset their relatively low fuel economy, and need to eliminate overall costs throughout our fleet by eliminating high-cost, low-profit products."

There is no reason to believe that the repeated, multiple statements from Stellantis saying this specific product line is being converted to e-muscle as meaning something other than that. There's also no reason to believe that the 2024 product will retain the Charger and/or Challenger names.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Hellcats are high profit items.... just saying. Not as high as pick up trucks and SUVs, but still up there.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Hellcats are high profit items.... just saying. Not as high as pick up trucks and SUVs, but still up there.
IDK.
An SXT RWD model can be had for under 30k and that has to turn a profit for Dodge.
The Redeyes and Super Stocks start over 80k. Thats 50k for what amounts to probably not much in terms of cost to make the one over the other.

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
It would be interesting to know, I know they volume buy those parts, but almost every single part is upgraded to the max, using more expensive parts than what 5.7/6.4 cars get too. We get some seriously stout stuff from the factory and they basically buy it all from sources outside the company. Can't be cheap...

HWDan

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Home of the Hellcat
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2017 Charger SRT 392
Last edited:

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
2024 new engine, yes it's GAS ...

Not is only is the Charger/Challenger all new in 2024 (definitely not discontinued, nor only a BEV), hell they might just be resurrecting the Magnum as well! ...

https://www.stellpower.com/news-2021/2-0t-spreads-out-where-the-3-0-turbo-straight-six-will-end-up/

and ...

https://www.stellpower.com/news-2021/new-dodge-challenger-for-2024-25/
I didn't think they would ditch ICE altogether. Not in the immediate future anyway.

Mike L.

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Yorba Linda
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger Hellcat A8
I've been told by my source who is testing this engine in the Jeep that it makes a lot of power, but a little doggy on the take-off.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
fake smile.gif

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
I've been told by my source who is testing this engine in the Jeep that it makes a lot of power, but a little doggy on the take-off.
the turbo 6?
Just keep the ECU open to tuning and I can live with a turbo 6.

Supras make how much HP? It shouldn't take much to make 1000hp

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
As long as the block and mechanicals are robust I'm cool. If it's at 110% in factory capacity (for MPG or cost cutting or what ever) I think I'll move on down the road.

Trucker Bob

Member ID
Reactions
City
Out of IL. Thank God
State
MO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger M6
If Dodge is smart, they would build a large surplus of Hellcats and Scat Packs and sell them well into 2025 maybe even 26 as people realize this HP war is over.
If we were all smart with Brandon in charge we would bury a 5k or more fuel tank in the yard.
TB

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
So I believe they must angle the motor like in the DSRTs for the front diff. Alter the hood a little if necessary for the angle(and few other things).. Bam awd charger/challenger Hellcat!! ED6D1D13-3F5B-4CDA-A559-C37890A1CE8C.jpeg

ok ok just kidding. It would actually take a lot of adjustments but nice thought though😃

Last edited:

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
Lot of re-engineering, crash test data. Not saying out of the question impossible. But would they do this on a car platform ready to retire. Maybe not, being the case they said their would be overlap of new platform it suggests there would be more cars to sell to make it worth it. But I don’t see it likely to happen, but then again Auburn hills have surprised us before. Where is @RS @ResumeSpeed when you need him

Last edited:

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Lot of re-engineering, crash test data. Not saying out of the question impossible. But would they do this on a car platform ready to retire. Maybe not, being the case they said their would be overlap of new platform it suggests their would be more cars to sell to make it worth it. But I don’t see it likely to happen, but then again Auburn hills have surprised us before. Where is @RS @ResumeSpeed when you need him
Sold us out...now chief eng. @ Tesla..

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
I am not going to bite on that hook, 😂 you are trying to get me back for the last time I baited you
Merry X-Mass Bro !

Mike L.

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Yorba Linda
State
CA
Country