Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

It would seem Hellcat owners are "less intelligent"??? (paraphrasing)

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
I met the Hixster in Florida last year and he is actually an intelligent guy but he does talk funny as shit even in person But us rednecks have always been smarter than them damn northern Yankees
Trust me, there's rednecks up north too

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
I am certain racing brake was referring to others in the Hellcat community so I am not offended in any way.

Jack in one flew over cuckoos nest.gif

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Trust me, there's rednecks up north too
True...but we kept them sequestered....:sneaky::sneaky:

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I met the Hixster in Florida last year and he is actually an intelligent guy but he does talk funny as shit even in person But us rednecks have always been smarter than them damn northern Yankees
Lest I remind you...Us Northern Yankees whipped the snot outta you good ole boys in that big one way back when...whupped ya pretty good what I hear tell..;);)...(said with all due respect and admiration)...:giggle::giggle:

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat

Xylander

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Tallahassee
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Challenger Redeye Widebody Jailbreak
I can't weigh in on this topic as brake system engineering and metallurgy are not things I know much about with any authority.

But, I can talk about the intelligence of "Hellcat" owners and other comparable luxury/high performance category car owners. In these groups, there is a core group of highly knowledgeable people when it comes to car knowledge, far and above that of the average person. That group, is a very small group. Feel free to disagree, but I believe that the more expensive a car is, or the more special a car is, the less car intelligent the average buyer is (until you get into the supercar/hypercar group... they tend to know their cars... for every dumb rock star with a Ferrari, there's 50 other owners who live/eat/breathe their brand). Most people who know everything there is to know about a Hellcat, can't afford one. These are your teenagers and young adults who read everything about them, drool as they dream about them, and make friends with every Hellcat driver they see at their local car meets and drag strips. But, the majority of Hellcat buyers are the same group of people that buy Corvettes, Porsches, BMW M3/4/5s, Shelby GT350s/500s, and so on. Most of them can't locate the drain plug on their cars. They like having shiny things. And, most of them don't drive their cars but once every other month. They don't get these cars to track, modify, or to enjoy for the performance aspect. They do it for the outward perception. And, historically, at least from what I see as a broker, these people make up at least 75% of the clients I represent. And, many of them own at least 2 cars in the list I mentioned.

Of course, not all drivers of these cars are car stupid, but most of them are. That's how I see it. And, because of this, most people won't care how their parking brake is made... because I would be willing to bet that >50% of them have never used a parking brake a day in their life. So, this RacingBrake person is barking up a tree where they ain't no coon up it. Naw mean?

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I can't weigh in on this topic as brake system engineering and metallurgy are not things I know much about with any authority.

But, I can talk about the intelligence of "Hellcat" owners and other comparable luxury/high performance category car owners. In these groups, there is a core group of highly knowledgeable people when it comes to car knowledge, far and above that of the average person. That group, is a very small group. Feel free to disagree, but I believe that the more expensive a car is, or the more special a car is, the less car intelligent the average buyer is (until you get into the supercar/hypercar group... they tend to know their cars... for every dumb rock star with a Ferrari, there's 50 other owners who live/eat/breathe their brand). Most people who know everything there is to know about a Hellcat, can't afford one. These are your teenagers and young adults who read everything about them, drool as they dream about them, and make friends with every Hellcat driver they see at their local car meets and drag strips. But, the majority of Hellcat buyers are the same group of people that buy Corvettes, Porsches, BMW M3/4/5s, Shelby GT350s/500s, and so on. Most of them can't locate the drain plug on their cars. They like having shiny things. And, most of them don't drive their cars but once every other month. They don't get these cars to track, modify, or to enjoy for the performance aspect. They do it for the outward perception. And, historically, at least from what I see as a broker, these people make up at least 75% of the clients I represent. And, many of them own at least 2 cars in the list I mentioned.

Of course, not all drivers of these cars are car stupid, but most of them are. That's how I see it. And, because of this, most people won't care how their parking brake is made... because I would be willing to bet that >50% of them have never used a parking brake a day in their life. So, this RacingBrake person is barking up a tree where they ain't no coon up it. Naw mean?
WTF...just when I thought there was hope...I'm back to bein the Forum idiot...man that didn't take long...:(:(:(

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
@hellno is there anyway or anytime that tranny would need any help after I place it in park? Normal streets now. No way my car would see the slopes of a hill like they have at the farm in SF.

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
On flat ground it really wouldn’t ever become an issue at all ,on hills it’s definitely a good idea to use the parking brake and it best to engage the parking brake when you come to a stop before putting it in park,I don’t use the parking brake at the track but when I drive the car normally I always use it out of habit and it’s good to do that because it keeps the parking brake adjusted