Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

It's That Shitbox Dodge Again!

Member ID
Reactions
City
Detroit
State
Non-US
Country
Afghanistan
In this post I have included a detailed, exacting, and exhaustive list of all the flaws of the Challenger Hellcat, right here:

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
So, curious what you guys thought about his “objective” criticism of the trunk button. Would you, objectively, put it behind a license plate?

72 440 Barracuda

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Graham
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
So, curious what you guys thought about his “objective” criticism of the trunk button. Would you, objectively, put it behind a license plate?
Those aren't items that would drive me to not buy a Hellcat (even a Charger - lol) - almost all of the issues brought up are pretty minor in my book. More of a preference than a priority.

Av8ing1

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
San Marcos
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
Certainly not a big deal to me but I have been irritated by it many times. Where is that stupid little button....its just out there in no logical place and is black like everything around it. Seems dumb to me. However, there were no other 707 HP sedans so...don't really care. I like that he picked up on that though, he is totally right.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
In this post I have included a detailed, exacting, and exhaustive list of all the flaws of the Challenger Hellcat, right here:
Your attached document was too large to load.

JRabq

1000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
I think that falls into category of nitpicking. If there was no trunk release at the trunk, I think that would be a valid deficit to cite. Similar with door handles. Similar with, I shudder, needing to press Controls icon to access seat heater controls. The parking brake is a bit old school, but even with clutch on M6, the parking brake function is plenty intuitive and no issue after 1st use.
Its not about defending USA or Dodge, nitpicking just annoys when it obscures the main story...HCs are wild and worth every nickel paid.

OP
motorhead

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
Thread Starter #47
I think that falls into category of nitpicking. If there was no trunk release at the trunk, I think that would be a valid deficit to cite. Similar with door handles. Similar with, I shudder, needing to press Controls icon to access seat heater controls. The parking brake is a bit old school, but even with clutch on M6, the parking brake function is plenty intuitive and no issue after 1st use.
Its not about defending USA or Dodge, nitpicking just annoys when it obscures the main story...HCs are wild and worth every nickel paid.
Seriously.

Think about the kind of irrational people who argue inane topics on Facebook, get pissy when their name is misspelled on an overpriced cup of coffee, or blame fast food corporations when they have to pay for a seat belt extender.

Who's issues are these really? Yours. Find real people to talk to, make your own coffee, and try portion control.

I guess I have just lived in too many holes that I have dug into the Earth myself to give a flying fuck about a squeak, rattle, or blemish on a fast car. I also know how to appreciate a warm cup of coffee when I sitting in that cold damp hole. Perspective.

I was farting around with an inflation calculator last night and adjusted the MSRP on a couple of cars for comparison. A '87 GNX is $66K and an '02 Z06 is $71K in current FY dollars. Each a pinnacle performance car in their own right; but to go from 276hp to 405hp to 700+hp in 30 years for the same money? That's incredible. In both those cars you got air conditioning and cruise control... and that's about it (technically ABS and air bags in the Vette) for "technology". You want to talk about build quality compared to a current LA/LX chassis HC? LOL.

Nah boys. People are just whining because they have it so good and do not realize it; they just feel so hard done by because they have empty and meaningless lives... other than to consume mass quantities.

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Charger SRT HellcatJailbreak , 2019 RedEye WB
I actually enjoyed the video. I especially liked the part where he actually takes it out.. and is ripping it up a bit.. then goes on to say he’s pretty sure it’s faster or atleast feels faster than his Ford GT... No surprise on his reviews on the interior. He’s mostly right.. we got nice leather seats. If you didn’t select those you pretty much have a bunch of cheap plastic and cloth. But who cares right? Even Doug understand what we care about, 707hp. And the car has a great planted feel with all that power making it a great cruiser with all those ponies.

JRabq

1000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
I actually enjoyed the video. I especially liked the part where he actually takes it out.. and is ripping it up a bit.. then goes on to say he’s pretty sure it’s faster or atleast feels faster than his Ford GT... No surprise on his reviews on the interior. He’s mostly right.. we got nice leather seats. If you didn’t select those you pretty much have a bunch of cheap plastic and cloth. But who cares right? Even Doug understand what we care about, 707hp. And the car has a great planted feel with all that power making it a great cruiser with all those ponies.
I have to admit enjoying the video too. Old Doug somehow manages to be irritating and endearing at the same time. Reminds me of a few old friends...

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Charger SRT HellcatJailbreak , 2019 RedEye WB
I have to admit enjoying the video too. Old Doug somehow manages to be irritating and endearing at the same time. Reminds me of a few old friends...
i have to agree with this. Sometimes I do find him a bit annoying. Like when I watched the vector video the other day. But I did like most of his review here. What I like the most is after watching his video. I’m pretty sure my 2019 hellcat Charger is superior in every way to the 2020 widebody. Here’s 4 reasons. The widebody costs more, the widebody 0-60 is slower and probably slower to 0-100 because of the extra drag from ram 1500 flares haha.. 3rd the suspension stiffer. Which means the cars going to ride less like a Hellcat and more like a scat turd on street settings. No offense to scat owners just saying the comfy suspension is compromised a bit with the 2020 chargers stiffer springs etc. they added. 4th is the top speed is slower. 5th this is completely my opinion but i think the widebody at certain angles is hideous. Sure some angles your like I’m feeling it. But overall to me it’s a negative all the way around. Now... when the RedEye Charger widebody comes out.. I guess we can see some practicality.. because I’m sure guys will be throwing 335s on the rear. But stock 707hp... I’m not anti-widebody but I’m glad I got my 19. Oh and 6th reason I don’t like those wheels either. I do like the revamped old wheels that they have in hyper black.

Av8ing1

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
San Marcos
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
A few more from Doug:
Challenger Hellcat
Demon

JRabq

1000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
A few more from Doug:
Challenger Hellcat
Demon
Both vids pretty fun. Numerical scores pretty harsh, but he does seem to get it on these.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
If I remember correctly the truck release button on my Camaro was just above the license plate on the edge of the bumper cover. Maybe that's where he got the idea. It doesn't bother me that the one on the Dodge isn't in that spot.

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
A few more from Doug:
Challenger Hellcat
Demon
I will agree with the long wheelbase. It definitely helps with the controllability if the car. I’ve only ever lost it (almost) twice (both times on bridges with the car hopping up and down DO NOT EVER GIVE IT FULL THROTTLE ON A BRIDGE ESPECIALLY IN A TURN. YOUR ASS WILL SURLY PUCKER UP!)

Mike L.

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Yorba Linda
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger Hellcat A8
How many of you guys pull your kat in the driveway and look once or twice at it while walking to your front door; then go inside, walk to a window and take one last look at it? Am I the only one?

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
How many of you guys pull your kat in the driveway and look once or twice at it while walking to your front door; then go inside, walk to a window and take one last look at it? Am I the only one?
Always!
To me, the most beautiful car ever built!

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images

It took me almost a year to be able to walk into the garage and not have "a moment"...

It wasn't very long before my purchase (that took a year as well) that owning something like a HC wasn't possible, at all...

:cool:

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
I think the hood release knob, button, piece of crap is junk. Every time I pull it,, it's like a knob on a gum ball machine. Waiten fo it to break any moment. With a gum ball popping out of the hood.

Mike L.

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Yorba Linda
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger Hellcat A8
It took me almost a year to be able to walk into the garage and not have "a moment"...

It wasn't very long before my purchase (that took a year as well) that owning something like a HC wasn't possible, at all...

:cool:
June of '17 I came home after work one day and stated to my wife I was buying a Hellcat. I waited for the WTF. She says cool. Huh? Next day I come home after work and the wife says " Did you find your car yet " Same Huh? I said I'm shopping right now. She says " You're not getting any younger so hurry up " God I love this woman.
Last week she said I would look good in a 911. I said " Not selling the kat " She says " So keep it and get the 911 " :love: