Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Jeep Gladiator Discounts Reaches $17K To Try And Sell Inventory

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
It's not even close to being good anymore.
Build quality on these new Dodge's is complete crap, they still have not addressed the initial issues I complained about & now more shit has gone wrong waiting for them to fix the 1st round. Hell, I'm hardly driving the damn thing & more crap is breaking. Suppose to hear from the clown world @ Dud tomorrow on what they plan to do to fix the issues & missing bits that were not installed during assembly.

Hoping at this point they drag out the repairs long enough I can lemon law the damn thing and be rid of it.

clv22p

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nashville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Challenger 1320
I had a Gladiator for exactly one year. I loved it! It was the Mojave trim. I went back to a Ram 1500, due to two reasons. I tow a 6x10 enclosed trailer for work frequently and while it was within the limits of the truck I felt it had to work too hard. I really wished it had the 5.7. I have 2 young children and missed the backseat space of the crew cab ram.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Build quality on these new Dodge's is complete crap, they still have not addressed the initial issues I complained about & now more shit has gone wrong waiting for them to fix the 1st round. Hell, I'm hardly driving the damn thing & more crap is breaking.
If only somebody had suggested that you'd buy mine instead.

RAMBLE1

Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
NORTH FLORIDA
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 CHALLENGER HELLCAT TorRed RED / REDEYE
Not everywhere but like anything else, it exists. There's plenty of legit people in the business.
You are partially, correct. I'm on my 3rd Mopar dealership. The first, the service sucked, we found another, real fast. The second, we were ripped off in the service and they lied about it. We had bought one car, but it was the last. The third dealer, had good service and gave us a decent deal on new cars/trucks. Then, as the story goes, good things come to an end, they ripped us on a new car. Will never buy another car there, but the service is good, as I watch them. Now, for new vehicles, I purchase online, saving thousands. Florida is the worst state to buy vehicles, I hope the service remains acceptable, at the current dealership, to find another dealer, is a long haul. Consumer, beware...

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #25
You are partially, correct. I'm on my 3rd Mopar dealership. The first, the service sucked, we found another, real fast. The second, we were ripped off in the service and they lied about it. We had bought one car, but it was the last. The third dealer, had good service and gave us a decent deal on new cars/trucks. Then, as the story goes, good things come to an end, they ripped us on a new car. Will never buy another car there, but the service is good, as I watch them. Now, for new vehicles, I purchase online, saving thousands. Florida is the worst state to buy vehicles, I hope the service remains acceptable, at the current dealership, to find another dealer, is a long haul. Consumer, beware...
I use a dealer for service, when I must take my car there, that we haven't bought a car from since 2005 and have tried several times.

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
jeeps should be recreational vehicles. That’s it.
I don’t know, I love my Grand Cherokees. Best vehicles I’ve ever owned.

45-70govt

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ghetto
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
jeeps should be recreational vehicles. That’s it.
A Hellcat is an uncomfortable and non practical recreational vehicle. My old 439,000 mile Jeep Cherokee XJ is by far the best vehicle I own. Its very comfortable, good on gas, and cheap to own and operate. Basically the total opposite of the Hellcat. Love my Hellcat, but truth be told my old Cherokee is a far better vehicle that will last forever. The 4.0 I6 is hands down the best engine ever produced!

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
I do miss my little XJ. But I sure wouldn't give up the Challenger. IMG_0547.jpg

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
A Hellcat is an uncomfortable and non practical recreational vehicle. My old 439,000 mile Jeep Cherokee XJ is by far the best vehicle I own. Its very comfortable, good on gas, and cheap to own and operate. Basically the total opposite of the Hellcat. Love my Hellcat, but truth be told my old Cherokee is a far better vehicle that will last forever. The 4.0 I6 is hands down the best engine ever produced!
My wife absolutely loves her TJ, but salt rust is taking a toll and will be the nail in the coffin. :(

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Yeah, what?!?

We used to own a Cherokee Sport, had the HO 4.0 I6 and that was a good little motor. Decent truck, had Minnesota rust issues.

I cannot think of many other vehicles I would rather drive on pavement than my Hellcat period. I can recreate in it pretty damn well. Off road, I'll take something else.

Liked the little Jeep, but it doesn't hold a candle to the 4Runner, GX470 or LX570 I have owned.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Liked the little Jeep, but it doesn't hold a candle to the 4Runner, GX470 or LX570 I have owned.
Glad I read that last sentence before hitting "Like", Eric.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
I love the Gladiator.

But I agree its a niche thing.
Its a Wrangler with a bed. If you want to go overlanding its a cool rig.

But its way down on power.
Mine at 36k now had the death wobble problem which I think could be from the leaking steering stabilizer. Truck is bone stock but I am leaning towards making it a mini TRX (138k for those wondering - Hellcat/8hp95/8lug 1ton axles/long travel suspension/40s).

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
I love the Gladiator.

But I agree its a niche thing.
Its a Wrangler with a bed. If you want to go overlanding its a cool rig.

But its way down on power.
Mine at 36k now had the death wobble problem which I think could be from the leaking steering stabilizer. Truck is bone stock but I am leaning towards making it a mini TRX (138k for those wondering - Hellcat/8hp95/8lug 1ton axles/long travel suspension/40s).
I have replaced my steering stabilizer 4 or 5 times in the TJ. Cheap and easy, minor prob to live with.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Mine at 36k now had the death wobble problem which I think could be from the leaking steering stabilizer.
A properly set up front axle doesn't need a stabilizer.

I'd fix whatever is causing the wobble (which can be several things, but I'd start with tire balance), then put a fresh stabilizer on there to help keep wear of components down.

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
I do miss my little XJ. But I sure wouldn't give up the Challenger. View attachment 117200
Another wonderful 4 door vehicle @Jimmy N.

I knew the 4 door therapy would pay off πŸ˜…πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜…πŸ˜‚.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Another wonderful 4 door vehicle @Jimmy N.

I knew the 4 door therapy would pay off πŸ˜…πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜…πŸ˜‚.
I had to give up a really nice 2-door GM pickup when moving here. As good as it was, including to chase down BMWs on twisty roads with, the wide tires and 2WD just wouldn't cut it here.

Needless to say, I tried hard to find a 2-door in white, but failed.It was actually plenty hard enough to find a 4WD XJ in CA, let alone one with the SelecTrac transfer case. So that 80,000-mile quatroporte for $5,500 is what I ended up with.

The color I learned to really like, but those 2-foot long doors never grew on me. No pun intended.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
A properly set up front axle doesn't need a stabilizer.

I'd fix whatever is causing the wobble (which can be several things, but I'd start with tire balance), then put a fresh stabilizer on there to help keep wear of components down.
Yeah I had a lifted one before without one.
I rebalanced the tires last night and rotated them again.
Stabilizer just showed up so I will throw that on.
Take it for an alignment later this week.

Everything else was tight and not out of spec from what I could tell.