Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Jokerz Ported Magnuson 2650 426 stroker Build!

OP
Primetime Hellcat 17

Primetime Hellcat 17

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #61
Did you get it to run right up to the shift points ?

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk
No not with the belt slippage in the higher gears. Didn’t get a chance to the Primetime file from Tim Barth because of the slippage.
Called grip tech today and they had 1 3.0 magnuson
Pulley left on there shelf with their grip tech magic and I said send it lol.
In addition Tim is sending Tommy a additional belt tensioner.
Will be back on the dyno next week.
Fuel pressure and everything else Tommy and Tim said was looking perfect.
Will update next week....

AlleyCat

500 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oro Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 HC Challenger
Exciting! Looks real clean! I have to see Tommy soon to install the trunk ice box.

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
No not with the belt slippage in the higher gears. Didn’t get a chance to the Primetime file from Tim Barth because of the slippage.
Called grip tech today and they had 1 3.0 magnuson
Pulley left on there shelf with their grip tech magic and I said send it lol.
In addition Tim is sending Tommy a additional belt tensioner.
Will be back on the dyno next week.
Fuel pressure and everything else Tommy and Tim said was looking perfect.
Will update next week....
Good stuff . Waiting to see how it turns out .

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
After a long all night race to get home instead of chilling at the shop for another day.... I can comment on all of this. I’m playing around at the shop thinking about having a Corona (beer) and I get a call from my wife telling me that she just found out that Utah is restricting border crossings on Friday. I’ve got a 8 hour drive home and if I don’t want to spend the next week living in a motel in Phoenix, I’d better get my ass moving! Strange times we’re in! Anyway.... disappointed to not get the results with Primetime we were hoping for. That brings up the subject that I’ve experienced over and over. You try to get the info you need from the manufacture of whatever you’re buying and there’s nobody to talk to that knows shit. The first thing that popped into my head when I saw the Maggie on James motor was “Is that belt on the right side of the tensioner?” Of coarse it was..... but the angles that the belt runs is just not putting a lot of wrap on the pulley. Not a problem I guess...... until to put 25 lbs boost to it! Tommy already recognized that the stock tensioner wasn’t going to cut it, so that had been swapped out with one of the heavy spring billet pieces. That belt was tight! Not enough 😳. It smoked that thing like a big fat stogie. So now it’s getting a Griptech and a idler pulley added to the need to have stuff to make it work. That’s all news to Magnuson. Anyway..... next week!!!! Unfortunately I wont be there so I’ll be waiting on the results with everybody else. One thing I can say is.... man that thing is beautiful and sings like a bird! 79BE159E-F485-4078-8602-9B5F742E47DB.jpeg B9F2883E-ED1D-4BA1-91D1-0119BE229220.jpeg 78DA0EE6-0FE2-48B4-A701-3533100DAAA9.jpeg

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
After a long all night race to get home instead of chilling at the shop for another day.... I can comment on all of this. I’m playing around at the shop thinking about having a Corona (beer) and I get a call from my wife telling me that she just found out that Utah is restricting border crossings on Friday. I’ve got a 8 hour drive home and if I don’t want to spend the next week living in a motel in Phoenix, I’d better get my ass moving! Strange times we’re in! Anyway.... disappointed to not get the results with Primetime we were hoping for. That brings up the subject that I’ve experienced over and over. You try to get the info you need from the manufacture of whatever you’re buying and there’s nobody to talk to that knows shit. The first thing that popped into my head when I saw the Maggie on James motor was “Is that belt on the right side of the tensioner?” Of coarse it was..... but the angles that the belt runs is just not putting a lot of wrap on the pulley. Not a problem I guess...... until to put 25 lbs boost to it! Tommy already recognized that the stock tensioner wasn’t going to cut it, so that had been swapped out with one of the heavy spring billet pieces. That belt was tight! Not enough . It smoked that thing like a big fat stogie. So now it’s getting a Griptech and a idler pulley added to the need to have stuff to make it work. That’s all news to Magnuson. Anyway..... next week!!!! Unfortunately I wont be there so I’ll be waiting on the results with everybody else. One thing I can say is.... man that thing is beautiful and sings like a bird! View attachment 15624 View attachment 15625 View attachment 15626
Hey if it fit and worked right out of the box then it wouldn't be a hotrod lol.
Btw I see what you mean about the pulley/belt . You almost want to get a non ribbed pulley and put ther belt on ther other side of it .

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Hey if it fit and worked right out of the box then it wouldn't be a hotrod lol.
Btw I see what you mean about the pulley/belt . You almost want to get a non ribbed pulley and put ther belt on ther other side of it .

Yep. When you look at the belt wrap on the Maggie compared to what I’ve got going on my Whipple, it’s obvious that it could use more. 9AF44A65-654A-45F2-90A1-E36372EC23F6.jpeg

zhc

Founding Member
7 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Hellcat
Yep. When you look at the belt wrap on the Maggie compared to what I’ve got going on my Whipple, it’s obvious that it could use more. View attachment 15628
I wonder if the direction the tensioner pulls in relation to the SC pulley makes a difference?

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
I wonder if the direction the tensioner pulls in relation to the SC pulley makes a difference?
Yeah it pulls away (or out) from the pulley so it isn't helping any. That billet tensioner is killer compared to the stock tensioner. We had to put one on mine and that belt is under control now. We threw the belt with the stock one. I'm betting that with the idler increasing the degree of wrap on the pulley along with the Griptech will fix this problem with the Maggie. It would just be nice if they had that information to start with.

OP
Primetime Hellcat 17

Primetime Hellcat 17

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #69
Yeah it pulls away (or out) from the pulley so it isn't helping any. That billet tensioner is killer compared to the stock tensioner. We had to put one on mine and that belt is under control now. We threw the belt with the stock one. I'm betting that with the idler increasing the degree of wrap on the pulley along with the Griptech will fix this problem with the Maggie. It would just be nice if they had that information to start with.
Yup your right on the money with 80% of these dam sales people. They don’t know a dam thing about the product their selling. Now Grip Tech had outstanding customer service, now let’s see if they send us the right pulley lol. Then this morning on IG Magnuson reached out to me stating hey reach out to Grip Tech we use their pulley’s all the time...🙄🙄🙄 I’m like really! Could of told me me that from the get go😡. It’s all good though...... I learned a lot from Marc and Tommy these past 2 days. Oh ya 1 more thing..... from having the 3.0 Grip Tech pulley, their tech said I will gain about another pound of boost because hopefully zero slippage.

OP
Primetime Hellcat 17

Primetime Hellcat 17

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #70
After a long all night race to get home instead of chilling at the shop for another day.... I can comment on all of this. I’m playing around at the shop thinking about having a Corona (beer) and I get a call from my wife telling me that she just found out that Utah is restricting border crossings on Friday. I’ve got a 8 hour drive home and if I don’t want to spend the next week living in a motel in Phoenix, I’d better get my ass moving! Strange times we’re in! Anyway.... disappointed to not get the results with Primetime we were hoping for. That brings up the subject that I’ve experienced over and over. You try to get the info you need from the manufacture of whatever you’re buying and there’s nobody to talk to that knows shit. The first thing that popped into my head when I saw the Maggie on James motor was “Is that belt on the right side of the tensioner?” Of coarse it was..... but the angles that the belt runs is just not putting a lot of wrap on the pulley. Not a problem I guess...... until to put 25 lbs boost to it! Tommy already recognized that the stock tensioner wasn’t going to cut it, so that had been swapped out with one of the heavy spring billet pieces. That belt was tight! Not enough 😳. It smoked that thing like a big fat stogie. So now it’s getting a Griptech and a idler pulley added to the need to have stuff to make it work. That’s all news to Magnuson. Anyway..... next week!!!! Unfortunately I wont be there so I’ll be waiting on the results with everybody else. One thing I can say is.... man that thing is beautiful and sings like a bird! View attachment 15624 View attachment 15625 View attachment 15626
Thanks for posting those pics. Way better shots then what I took lol.

Mike L.

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Yorba Linda
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger Hellcat A8
Looking at the pictures brings to mind Magnasons original twin screw on his yellow ElCamino that he brought to my trans shop in 1985. It's come a long way. He had 4 carburators mounted on the sides ( 2 on each side ). Jerry Magnason and I spent a lot of time experimenting with converter stalls and differential ratios to see what worked best. I learned a lot from him.
Sorry if I hijacked the post.

WhipCat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
In the Jungle
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
I’ll guess 1050hp/1160tq to the wheels if it all gets dialed in. Maybe a smidge more with aggressive tuning and maybe a lb more of boost

WhipCat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
In the Jungle
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
20psi is that allot for this blower? If I remember correctly, you can spin to 24-26psi?

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
I’ll guess 1050hp/1160tq to the wheels if it all gets dialed in. Maybe a smidge more with aggressive tuning and maybe a lb more of boost
Probably a good guess. I’m saying 1050 to 1100. This a street motor and is not going to get the aggressive timing that Tim would throw at it on E90 for max power. It looks like that pulley combination is good for 25 lbs and he liked what he saw up to the point where the belt started smoking. The really astounding thing was how cool the SC was after running. It was barely warm to the touch and we haven’t even started using ice in the box yet.

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
20psi is that allot for this blower? If I remember correctly, you can spin to 24-26psi?
His setup is the 3.0 SC pulley (I believe that’s their smallest?) with the 10% crank. It also has Magnuson’s overdrive cog set at the rear which according to them is a must for max hp. It saw 25 lbs yesterday befor the belt lost its grip. So the 24 to 26 sounds right.

WhipCat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
In the Jungle
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Probably a good guess. I’m saying 1050 to 1100. This a street motor and is not going to get the aggressive timing that Tim would throw at it on E90 for max power. It looks like that pulley combination is good for 25 lbs and he liked what he saw up to the point where the belt started smoking. The really astounding thing was how cool the SC was after running. It was barely warm to the touch and we haven’t even started using ice in the box yet.
The efficient cooling of this blower is the key to making it stand out from the crowd. We will start to see that as others get into it.

His setup is the 3.0 SC pulley (I believe that’s their smallest?) with the 10% crank. It also has Magnuson’s overdrive cog set at the rear which according to them is a must for max hp. It saw 25 lbs yesterday befor the belt lost its grip. So the 24 to 26 sounds right.
I know A magnuson car that is on 25-26 psi. But from what primetime said he made 20-21?

just curious

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
The efficient cooling of this blower is the key to making it stand out from the crowd. We will start to see that as others get into it.

I know A magnuson car that is on 25-26 psi. But from what primetime said he made 20-21?

just curious
That was the first mini pull before any files started getting loaded. The last one saw 25 lbs and that’s where the belt lost it’s grip.

OP
Primetime Hellcat 17

Primetime Hellcat 17

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #78

just curious
We saw 25 psi right when the belt Started slipping.
I’m happy with that. Lol I don’t want any more boost or power. I think you and Marc are right on point on what the power levels will be. I’m thinking 1090/ 1170

WhipCat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
In the Jungle
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
We saw 25 psi right when the belt Started slipping.
I’m happy with that. Lol I don’t want any more boost or power. I think you and Marc are right on point on what the power levels will be. I’m thinking 1090/ 1170
gotcha

that’s allot of boost.

OP
Primetime Hellcat 17

Primetime Hellcat 17

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #80
gotcha

that’s allot of boost.
I was surprised when we saw that boost number. With the stock blower we saw 14psi. So I was like wow. With the 426/Cam and headers I was expecting alittle less.
Magnuson offers 3 different pulley sizes...
3.50 3.25 3.0. Not a huge difference in size.
Magnuson claims about 1.5-2psi difference in each pulley size. Lol I don’t know what I got my self into!😂😮👍