Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Jon's Hellcat

OP
jonx96

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Thread Starter #581
37K and free tunes for life? 🤣🤣
Maybe we could work in the free tunes but I don’t think 37 will do it😂

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Jons tuning gets it done.
I put the stock 2.62s back in last weekend. The 3.09s were about a tenth but we are going to add more power so wanted to go back. DA was between 1000-1200 (started to rain after last pass so I didn't get a reading with my Kestrel but run before was 1050 DA) Temps were dropping and DA was getting better, that rarely happens. I was at 4640 LBS. Pretty happy with only e85. My car picks up close to a tenth if I can run back to back which I couldn't today. So if I could have done that, 3.09s and maybe -200 DA would have put me 10.0s if not real close to 9's on stock boost

20220501_175555.jpg

OP
jonx96

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Thread Starter #583
Jons tuning gets it done.
I put the stock 2.62s back in last weekend. The 3.09s were about a tenth but we are going to add more power so wanted to go back. DA was between 1000-1200 (started to rain after last pass so I didn't get a reading with my Kestrel but run before was 1050 DA) Temps were dropping and DA was getting better, that rarely happens. I was at 4640 LBS. Pretty happy with only e85. My car picks up close to a tenth if I can run back to back which I couldn't today. So if I could have done that, 3.09s and maybe -200 DA would have put me 10.0s if not real close to 9's on stock boost

View attachment 69577
I just need to put a rock in your shoe and get that 60ft down 😂 I’ll review your last pass soon and see how the few extra degrees down low looked.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Think how much faster our cars would be if we didn't have the slow stock airbox:LOL:

20220501_144258.jpg

OP
jonx96

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Thread Starter #585

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I just need to put a rock in your shoe and get that 60ft down 😂 I’ll review your last pass soon and see how the few extra degrees down low looked.
You might want to use a brick. 😂
Not that a 1.54 is bad though. I was stuck at that for awhile.

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Think how much faster our cars would be if we didn't have the slow stock airbox:LOL:

View attachment 69584
Oh oh can I join the group seeing as I run the lowly stock box also.😉😂

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
You might want to use a brick. 😂
Not that a 1.54 is bad though. I was stuck at that for awhile.
The 60ft comes with DA. I did the 1.51 last year when the DA was 0. As the DA goes up so does the 60 ft

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
The 60ft comes with DA. I did the 1.51 last year when the DA was 0. As the DA goes up so does the 60 ft
Oh I am painfully aware.
I was just picking on you because Jon was.😂
I have to stop with my humor on the internet as I keep getting in trouble.🤦
I did say the 1.54 wasn't bad, it's actually good. There may be a little more there and I'm sure you will find it if there is.
I won't bring the gear into the conversation as we agree to disagree on parts of that subject 🤣🤣
Now that we have gone through all that, nice pass.👍🍻
Btw since my changes I can't seam to cut a light any more. Care to share your secret.
I am trying to figure out when the hell to leave. I don't want to roll in more is probably my biggest issue. Can't cut a 60' if you start closer to the beems.😂
Waiting patiently to see what you can do with the mods you will have. I'm a little jealous as I likely will never go that far.
As it is I have a 10% lower on the shelf I now wish I didn't buy.

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
You mean like one of these? @moparjim 😉

FAF788FC-63D0-4E4A-BE75-C44BB9F269EE.jpeg

ive not correlated 60’ to DA ever. It usually tire pressure vs. track prep that are the items to look at.

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
You mean like one of these? @moparjim 😉

View attachment 69616

ive not correlated 60’ to DA ever. It usually tire pressure vs. track prep that are the items to look at.
Yep one of those. LOL
My car is definitely DA dependant.
Cool spring, cool fall when the da drops and here the baro climbs as well as humidity is lower those times of year. Then my car can be quite a bit quicker in the 60'. During the year from cool to soup weather the range used to be 1.50-1.58 with the odd 1.60 during an unusually hot spell.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Oh I am painfully aware.
I was just picking on you because Jon was.😂
I have to stop with my humor on the internet as I keep getting in trouble.🤦
I did say the 1.54 wasn't bad, it's actually good. There may be a little more there and I'm sure you will find it if there is.
I won't bring the gear into the conversation as we agree to disagree on parts of that subject 🤣🤣
Now that we have gone through all that, nice pass.👍🍻
Btw since my changes I can't seam to cut a light any more. Care to share your secret.
I am trying to figure out when the hell to leave. I don't want to roll in more is probably my biggest issue. Can't cut a 60' if you start closer to the beems.😂
Waiting patiently to see what you can do with the mods you will have. I'm a little jealous as I likely will never go that far.
As it is I have a 10% lower on the shelf I now wish I didn't buy.
I took no offence to your comments. You are the KING of stock! Bracket lights are easy, actually quite boring. I'm more into cutting a light on a pro tree. Sometimes when a car leaves you may be in between the last 2 yellows which does make it harder. I'm all about shallow staging to get the best et then figuring out the light. I normally don't bracket race but the lights seem slow motion after doing pro tree some
BTW my light before that pass was a .001 :)

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I took no offence to your comments. You are the KING of stock! Bracket lights are easy, actually quite boring. I'm more into cutting a light on a pro tree. Sometimes when a car leaves you may be in between the last 2 yellows which does make it harder. I'm all about shallow staging to get the best et then figuring out the light. I normally don't bracket race but the lights seem slow motion after doing pro tree some
BTW my light before that pass was a .001 :)
Nice!!
I was between the 2 yellows before. I fixed that by removing the sway bar so the car took longer to react. That way I could leave when the second yellow went out. That isn't working any more.🤔 I just have to figure it out. Like you I prefer the pro tree.

OP
jonx96

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Thread Starter #594
Nice!!
I was between the 2 yellows before. I fixed that by removing the sway bar so the car took longer to react. That way I could leave when the second yellow went out. That isn't working any more.🤔 I just have to figure it out. Like you I prefer the pro tree.
I have left harder with the sway bar on than off. I have found not worth the weight reduction.

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I have left harder with the sway bar on than off. I have found not worth the weight reduction.
I agree 100%.
I took it out to slow down the reaction so I could leave using a light as opposed to in between lights. This resulted in way less red lights. When I first took it out I got 3 .000 lights in 2 days and only 1 red. Before that red lights were 50% of the time roughly trying to leave between lights..
I only took it out for bracket racing.
I just realized last week but had not put it back in.😂
Hopefully I get time this week to rectify that and then maybe I will be able to cut a light again. .1xx isn't going to cut it.
I tried leaving when the 2nd yellow goes out this year and that resulted in a red.🤬
Hopefully with it in I can leave as the last yellow comes on and cut that RT down to where it was before.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I don't think you have enough data to prove that though

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I agree 100%.
I took it out to slow down the reaction so I could leave using a light as opposed to in between lights. This resulted in way less red lights. When I first took it out I got 3 .000 lights in 2 days and only 1 red. Before that red lights were 50% of the time roughly trying to leave between lights..
I only took it out for bracket racing.
I just realized last week but had not put it back in.😂
Hopefully I get time this week to rectify that and then maybe I will be able to cut a light again. .1xx isn't going to cut it.
I tried leaving when the 2nd yellow goes out this year and that resulted in a red.🤬
Hopefully with it in I can leave as the last yellow comes on and cut that RT down to where it was before.
It is also harder to cut a light when racing compared to TNT

OP
jonx96

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Thread Starter #598
I don't think you have enough data to prove that though
I mean never hooked one time with it off. That’s enough data for me 😂

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
When there are big events I usually enter the bracket race to guarantee a minimum of 4 passes. 5 if I buy back.
At times there are too many test and tune guys that they run between classes and you don't get a bunch of runs in.

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
I really want to put more timing to it. But the car is supposedly sold so may just try to chip away at it. Not a bad 60 for 305 tire. View attachment 69567
Congrats Jon, nice 60' & ET, hauling ass, what was DA & humidity ?