Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Learning how to reframe 360 video into 2d and creating a 360 burnout video...

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
Gave her a little bit of the beans here, warning it's a 360 video and the browser does dumb things with 360 video, tv or youtube app is best. :(

The next task of the day was learning how to use Davinci's Resolve which is studio level editing software. After exporting I learned how to use reframe360 plugin. Added some YT music cause of the wind noise and voilla!

Goals this week, figure out a roof mount to get really good 360 video, also to get better with Davinci, this software is top notch. Gives my GPU a run for it's money with 4k content. Always up for ideas, let me know what perspectives you would like to see in 3D. Another thing is find more GoPro batteries, the GoPro fusion eats through them.

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
So cool , if you don't mind ?.... how much is the GPF & roof mount ?.....I guess you did the research already ?

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #3
I got my GoPro Fusion from BestBuy for 279.00 (they are currently 299.99). I added two micro sd cards for 15.99 a piece (32gb). The mount is the standard GoPro Suction Cup Mount at 39.99. Out the door 367.78. Pretty happy with the purchase. Going to get bigger SD cards soon or at least a few more. An extra battery and a charger would be nice too.

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
I got my GoPro Fusion from BestBuy for 279.00 (they are currently 299.99). I added two micro sd cards for 15.99 a piece (32gb). The mount is the standard GoPro Suction Cup Mount at 39.99. Out the door 367.78. Pretty happy with the purchase. Going to get bigger SD cards soon or at least a few more. An extra battery and a charger would be nice too.
Thanks , that's not bad , this is what I found guess it's the same as you have ?
Key Features
  • Supports 5.2K and 3K Spherical Video
  • 5.2K up to 30 fps, 3K up to 60 fps
  • 18MP Spherical Photos
  • Ruggedized Body, Waterproof to 16'
Grant your audiences new perspectives of your adventures with the GoPro Fusion. Using two slightly offset cameras, the Fusion can capture everything that happens around it in 5.2K resolution up to 30 fps. If you're producing content for viewing in VR headsets, 3K resolution at a smooth 60 fps may be more appealing. 18MP photos

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Gave her a little bit of the beans here, warning it's a 360 video and the browser does dumb things with 360 video, tv or youtube app is best. :(

The next task of the day was learning how to use Davinci's Resolve which is studio level editing software. After exporting I learned how to use reframe360 plugin. Added some YT music cause of the wind noise and voilla!

Goals this week, figure out a roof mount to get really good 360 video, also to get better with Davinci, this software is top notch. Gives my GPU a run for it's money with 4k content. Always up for ideas, let me know what perspectives you would like to see in 3D. Another thing is find more GoPro batteries, the GoPro fusion eats through them.
You must live in Dodge heaven.
Every single car that went by was a dodge.

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #6
  • Supports 5.2K and 3K Spherical Video
  • 5.2K up to 30 fps, 3K up to 60 fps
  • 18MP Spherical Photos
  • Ruggedized Body, Waterproof to 16'
Yes thats the same camera.

You must live in Dodge heaven.
Every single car that we
Close, just some guys that got together in a parking lot and decided to go for a cruise.

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Hey @fumanchu182 , did you see the remote ? ….. that would be nice to have to start & stop from inside the car with camera on top of the car & will work up to 600' too. Not cheap at $80.

I found this GPF camera , 64gb card , remote & suction cup mount for $415 to the door.

Hard to pull the trigger though , when I want tires & wheels :eek:

Last edited:
OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #8
Your phone is the remote. The camera has wifi and the phone attaches to it. The remote
is bluetooth and attaches to multiple cameras.

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Your phone is the remote. The camera has wifi and the phone attaches to it. The remote
is bluetooth and attaches to multiple cameras.
Oh ok , I'm glad you told me , so iPhone is the remote , awesome , Thanks.

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Wait , the car & iPhone is Bluetooth , we don't have Wi-Fi in the car or what am I missing ?

I have Wi Fi at home.

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #11
The iphone becomes a wifi access point. The camera attaches to the phone that way. You can view all 360 degrees with your phone.

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Thanks good info , learned it takes 2 sd micro cards too.

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #13
The GoPro Max takes one only, the Fusion takes two. I think they learned a lot of lessons with the Fusion such as one sd card and video and a monitor screen however the Fusion is a better with battery life and the price is 200.00 less. Basically they removed the step of using the GoPro Fusion Studio with the Max to make a final 360 video for editing. I've written custom powershell scripts (which I can share) and put them on each sd card. I plug in the sd card and run the script to export them to a file and then fire up GoPro Fusion Studio to create a final 360 video that I can then edit in Davinci's Resolve. I like my workflow and can justify not spending the extra 200.00 for the camera.

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #14
Tried a new mounting location but had to make sure I had a tether as I don't want the camera to go flying on the track or road. This is the mounting hole on the "fingers" quite anemic if you ask mee and would not trust a fiber based tether. Engineerding it is!

IMG_5539.JPG IMG_5540.JPG

Found some steel wire in my supplies and a steel wire crimping sleeve, made some magic, crusty but it will work.
IMG_5542.JPG

Then I found the mounting location in the trunk to attach the cable too.
IMG_5543.JPG

And then mounted on the roof.
IMG_5544.JPG

Went on a little spinaroonie and this is the video, hope you all like the new position, will test it at the track this weekend potentially.

The wind noise is horrendouse so I'll have to look into that and the quality is potato because I didn't want to spend all day rendering :)