Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Legion of Demons Personal Best

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
Very nice 60’ time!

Blkout

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warner Robins
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Last time they were there they had a 20mph headwind. According to Ron there was none this time...that’s huge. There was a stock one that went 140 last year. Ron has gone 140 before at a different track too.
When you have the majority of other Demons running at the same track and same conditions turning 135-136mph and then you have these supposed record setting Demons claiming to be stock but turning 140-141mph, sorry there's something that needs to be explained there to account for the drastic difference.

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
When you have the majority of other Demons running at the same track and same conditions turning 135-136mph and then you have these supposed record setting Demons claiming to be stock but turning 140-141mph, sorry there's something that needs to be explained there to account for the drastic difference.
It has a lot to do with track experience and getting to know the car and what combination works best , you want to think they are cheating or hiding something but they are not it’s the drivers knowledge of how to launch the car , I’ve seen it first hand where two different drivers drove the same car and driver who made the quickest et wasn’t even the owner and the owner was Byron and when Catherine drove his car in clay city she was quicker in it
seat time makes a big difference

OP
Demon1

Demon1

500 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Naples
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Demon
Thread Starter #24
No doubt that seat time in the car is a factor. I’ve also seen the car’s performance increase as run count goes up. I believe the entire drivetrain and suspension gets better as things loosen up. The headwind was much less than last year, and what wind we did have this year was more quartering than straight on.

Blkout

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warner Robins
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
It has a lot to do with track experience and getting to know the car and what combination works best , you want to think they are cheating or hiding something but they are not it’s the drivers knowledge of how to launch the car , I’ve seen it first hand where two different drivers drove the same car and driver who made the quickest et wasn’t even the owner and the owner was Byron and when Catherine drove his car in clay city she was quicker in it
seat time makes a big difference
Honestly, it may seem like I care but I don't. My interests are very different than those guys trying to set a Demon stock record. I'm much more interested in the guys actually modifying their cars to see what they can get out of them.

OP
Demon1

Demon1

500 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Naples
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Demon
Thread Starter #26
I was running the stock 18” wheels and I’m convinced 17” Win Lites would have gotten me into the 9.7s.

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
I understand but you got to admit its admirable that they have the patience to go after it with such resolve

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Shoot my cars in ethanol and modded and I’m only running 9.47 and they are running 9.50 I’m impressed

Blkout

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warner Robins
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Shoot my cars in ethanol and modded and I’m only running 9.47 and they are running 9.50 I’m impressed
But how is it all that different really? Your car started out 133hp short of a Demon and the Demon requires race gas too for top performance. Your car weighs more than a Demon and doesnt have the same drag suspension so that has to be made up with more power. I'm more impressed with your car than a Demon because what you've accomplished can be done for a lot less money than a Demon.

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
But how is it all that different really? Your car started out 133hp short of a Demon and the Demon requires race gas too for top performance. Your car weighs more than a Demon and doesnt have the same drag suspension so that has to be made up with more power. I'm more impressed with your car than a Demon because what you've accomplished can be done for a lot less money than a Demon.
Good point but you know we are here to have fun and when these guys accomplish something it’s only right to have their backs

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Congrats @Demon1. It sounds like you had a great time.

As for the records well. 🤷‍♂️
Aparently since I got blasted on fb by the guardian of records for not having a rear seat bottom and a removed sway bar for a savings of about 30lbs when I posted one of my new pb's. Now stripped cars are good and have records. LMAO

Whatever, it really doesn't matter as long as you are having fun. It sounds like you did.
Nice times and even better, CONGRATULATIONS on your wins. 😎😎😎
It seems the air was better than usual down there this weekend.
Now I'm looking forward to future updates from you.😉

OP
Demon1

Demon1

500 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Naples
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Demon
Thread Starter #32
Congrats @Demon1. It sounds like you had a great time.

As for the records well. 🤷‍♂️
Aparently since I got blasted on fb by the guardian of records for not having a rear seat bottom and a removed sway bar for a savings of about 30lbs when I posted one of my new pb's. Now stripped cars are good and have records. LMAO

Whatever, it really doesn't matter as long as you are having fun. It sounds like you did.
Nice times and even better, CONGRATULATIONS on your wins. 😎😎😎
It seems the air was better than usual down there this weekend.
Now I'm looking forward to future updates from you.😉
Thank you Jim. I won’t get caught up in the record debate. Some think it must be on stock wheels and Nittos, some think wheel/tire change is OK, and some think stock motor and any change as long as it matches Leah Pritchett’s record weight is OK.

I’m in it for the fun and at 215 lbs. I doubt I’ll ever reach Leah’s record, much less Byron, Ron, Catherine or Nephthali times.

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thank you Jim. I won’t get caught up in the record debate. Some think it must be on stock wheels and Nittos, some think wheel/tire change is OK, and some think stock motor and any change as long as it matches Leah Pritchett’s record weight is OK.

I’m in it for the fun and at 215 lbs. I doubt I’ll ever reach Leah’s record, much less Byron, Ron, Catherine or Nephthali times.
Even those records rules vary if it is a freind. LOL
I go out every week at least once on average to have fun. I enter bracket races and heads up races that I have no hope of winning. So that I can get more runs in.
I am more impressed with your wins as that is not as easy as running a number. Especially after being away from it for so long.👍

OP
Demon1

Demon1

500 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Naples
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Demon
Thread Starter #34
Even those records rules vary if it is a freind. LOL
I go out every week at least once on average to have fun. I enter bracket races and heads up races that I have no hope of winning. So that I can get more runs in.
I am more impressed with your wins as that is not as easy as running a number. Especially after being away from it for so long.👍
LOL. All of them are friends as far as I’m concerned. Ron, Byron, Tali and Catherine have all been so helpful and open book in giving advice. Just ask and they will help.

To be honest, I fully expected to be a duck in the first round. I have to admit I was shocked when the win light came on every round.

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
To be honest, I fully expected to be a duck in the first round. I have to admit I was shocked when the win light came on every round.
I bet you were smiling each time you won a round. I know I do, I am always surprised when I win a round. Especially if it is against a car/driver that I really shouldn't beat.

OP
Demon1

Demon1

500 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Naples
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Demon
Thread Starter #36
I bet you were smiling each time you won a round. I know I do, I am always surprised when I win a round. Especially if it is against a car/driver that I really shouldn't beat.
That’s for sure. Every time that win light popped up I was shocked and then got that happy face. I felt like the underdog each round. Catherine Kosiba has won a lot of races so beating her in the semifinal was definitely a shock.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Dongola
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2006 F250 Super Duty, 1996 F150
Here is a video of a stock demon down to the wheels going 141.96 almost 142, this is David Davies car. His fastest time was 9.74 I don't know if he went faster at the legion event. Point is if a demon on stock rims can do it a car with light weight wheels can too. In fact i'm surprised they didn't get faster than 141 mph.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Dongola
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2006 F250 Super Duty, 1996 F150

OP
Demon1

Demon1

500 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Naples
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Demon
Thread Starter #39
I don’t know if you remember, but Leah’s record run was 140+ MPH.

Blkout

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warner Robins
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I don’t know if you remember, but Leah’s record run was 140+ MPH.
I do and it's been questioned whether that car was 100% showroom stock also. We'll never know.