Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Look what I got

OP
WhipCat

WhipCat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
In the Jungle
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #21
So you bought from a Montana dealer? I think Texas watches for things like that. Or you bought in FL but used the business POBox in Montana?
my business in Montana bought the truck. Titled it through my Montana business. It’s setup as a car dealer.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Roger that

OP
WhipCat

WhipCat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
In the Jungle
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #23
literally did the business registration online on Monday and got the truck on Wednesday.

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
That will also allow you to buy a discounted extended warranty on the open market and avoid the 'full MSRP' pricing our corrupt FL legislators enacted at the behest of their auto dealers assoc buddies - fuckers !!

Take and put 4 3inch clamps on the 4 rear exhaust vents. It makes the truck a tad throatier, without hacking the entire system. Its subtle, but noticeable. I'm just waiting on a solid air intake to come out so that I can hear the S/C a little more.

What's with the vents on the exhaust pipes ?? Seems like you'd be spewing exhaust under the truck that could intrude into the cabin !

Slipaway16

Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bartle Skeet
State
Non-US
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Trackhawk
The TRX has two mid mufflers, like the Chally or Charger, but no rear resonators. SRT put 4 mesh cut outs near the rear of the exhaust. This allows the noise to "come out" before reaching the rear tips and it quiets the overall exhaust and reduces drone.. Apparently GM is doing something similar on their trucks. My Rebel did not have this, nor does the wife's TH. So a quick fix is to just put clamps over them and it increases the exhaust dB by about 5 or so.

I have 2 new dynomax bullets leftover from my old HC. I may throw them on the TRX in place of the mid mufflers and see how that sounds. I haven't found any other owners who have done the swap yet for comparison.

REDTIDE

Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Cape Coral
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 SRT challenger hellcat
that's really nice Phil !!
congrats and good luck

Hayabusa

HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lunatic Fringe
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 WB Redeye, Sublime
Wow...fantastic! Congrats on the new ride! You must be stoked!!!