Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Looking for a HP Tuners channel base file.

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
I had HP Tuners setup to use for my Scat Pack which was a 6.4L and it was a good setup. Now that I have a HC I have no idea what channel(s)/pid(s) I should be looking for. Would anyone mind sharing their Channels configuration file with me?

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #2
So I sat down with HP Tuners and redid my channels/pids. The channels/gauges/graphs from The Tuning School just didn't seem right when I went on a few spirited runs. It's back to basics and I'll add channels as I find a need. I watched Speedy's playlist and found his logging informative but not very useful for what someone would look at channel wise. If anyone has a config on how to turn the MAP sensor or a similar sensor to look like the Boost Pressure on the Evic/SRT Pages that would be appreciated. Getting mind melded when I compare that to the laptop in the car.

1588209863996.png

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I think in my last tunig vid I show all the pics I log. I've found pid names change from cal to cal.

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #4
I must have missed it, I am subbed and never got an alert, for all those looking:

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #5
1588541028708.png

After watching the video and looking at the calibration file, I really have my UI setup so I can get to the data that I want. It's quit interesting on what I used to log with my Scat Pack vs what is important for Supercharged vehicle. Also spent some time playing with the gauges, charts and graphs to customize them to my liking. Even found a bug and submitted it to HP Tuners for fixing. Thank you for the video. Now to get all the juicy data and write a tune (maybe, one day...)

Member ID
Reactions
City
HIXSON
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Widebody
I am new to this and also copied Speeds Channel List...Thanks Speedy. I also picked up some PIDs from B. Mason's youtube channel. He had a couple of PIDs that you can only get if you build your list while connected to the car and it may have to be running??? (e.g. active exhaust). After you add them to your list, they show up as phantom until you connect and start recording. You probably already found that Boost is in the Math drop down and can be added to the Chart if you have the PIDs used for the math in your Channel List.

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #7
I am new to this and also copied Speeds Channel List...Thanks Speedy. I also picked up some PIDs from B. Mason's youtube channel. He had a couple of PIDs that you can only get if you build your list while connected to the car and it may have to be running??? (e.g. active exhaust). After you add them to your list, they show up as phantom until you connect and start recording. You probably already found that Boost is in the Math drop down and can be added to the Chart if you have the PIDs used for the math in your Channel List.
I did notice that unless you are connected and running then select the re-poll for parameters some don't show. Welcome to the world of tuning!

Member ID
Reactions
City
HIXSON
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Can to further explain selecting the re-poll for parameters (how to do it and what it does...is that just recording a new log file?). Thanks

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I just have the list curt sent me that I've tweaked to calculate actual boost and show the TRUE IAT2 temp on my car (cause there's actually about 5)...

The less channels you log the quicker and more accurate your logs will be. Only log what you need. Always tweak the polling times as needed.

white1

9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Prairieville
State
LA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 hellcat charger widebody
So I sat down with HP Tuners and redid my channels/pids. The channels/gauges/graphs from The Tuning School just didn't seem right when I went on a few spirited runs. It's back to basics and I'll add channels as I find a need. I watched Speedy's playlist and found his logging informative but not very useful for what someone would look at channel wise. If anyone has a config on how to turn the MAP sensor or a similar sensor to look like the Boost Pressure on the Evic/SRT Pages that would be appreciated. Getting mind melded when I compare that to the laptop in the car.

View attachment 16822
Different people like to log different channels, so Ill leave what I particularly log out.

As far as using the MAP for a boost gauge of sorts, just change the units on the MAP to PSI, and subtract 14.7 from the reading (14.7 psi is atmospheric pressure at sea level) ie if you see 30 psi on the MAP youre at 14.3 psi boost pressure

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Different people like to log different channels, so Ill leave what I particularly log out.

As far as using the MAP for a boost gauge of sorts, just change the units on the MAP to PSI, and subtract 14.7 from the reading (14.7 psi is atmospheric pressure at sea level) ie if you see 30 psi on the MAP youre at 14.3 psi boost pressure
Setting this up as a math and graphing it was one of the first things I did.

Base baro and MAP are both there. Simple.

Member ID
Reactions
City
HIXSON
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
I just have the list curt sent me that I've tweaked to calculate actual boost and show the TRUE IAT2 temp on my car (cause there's actually about 5)...

The less channels you log the quicker and more accurate your logs will be. Only log what you need. Always tweak the polling times as needed.
Thanks...Yea I saw a vid where the polling was changed to speed up polling time. Just a couple of days ago I tracked down the Pressure/Temp sensors for the intake air. There's one just downstream of the air box (different type sensor looks like temp only), then behind the Throttle body on the 90 going into the supercharger, the next one is on the left side of the supercharger lid and the last two are the "Charge Air" one on the front of the right side inner cooler case and the other on the rear of the left side inner cooler case. Which one(s) are you using and what is the PID name(s) in the Channel Selection drop down? Have you got any idea how they relate to the instrument panel and uconnect gauges? Here is a link on the next line below hope you can see it https://www.hellcatforum.org/attachments/guid-2830047171-1-1-png.8709/

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thanks...Yea I saw a vid where the polling was changed to speed up polling time. Just a couple of days ago I tracked down the Pressure/Temp sensors for the intake air. There's one just downstream of the air box (different type sensor looks like temp only), then behind the Throttle body on the 90 going into the supercharger, the next one is on the left side of the supercharger lid and the last two are the "Charge Air" one on the front of the right side inner cooler case and the other on the rear of the left side inner cooler case. Which one(s) are you using and what is the PID name(s) in the Channel Selection drop down? Have you got any idea how they relate to the instrument panel and uconnect gauges? Here is a link on the next line below hope you can see it https://www.hellcatforum.org/attachments/guid-2830047171-1-1-png.8709/
I will have to check next time I boot it up. Since most people agree and go by the dash gauge I found and logged the sensor that it reads. I do recall finding out it is not an average of the banks (I logged both individually and compared).

Car is at Allpar still...waiting on a TB.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images

Cool/useful picture!