Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

MOTORHEAD..HC's..AND OLD FAT GUYS

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
Did someone call?

Thought I heard 'old' and 'fat'...

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
A time when scientists and sailors had sex appeal.
Especially after 6 weeks locked in a submarine :p

I know....I know....here come the jarhead jokes.......

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
'87 Monte Carlo SS (sold my Turbo Buick about 5 years ago) - it is my highschool car which I am "restoring" (again). Turbo LS this time. Build thread is here should you be so interested.: https://gbodyforum.com/threads/mcss-rebirth.61336/ Figure stuff like this will keep me lucid.
I liked that series of MCSS. At one point I was narrowing down between an '88 MCSS, an '88 Turbo Regal, an '88 Turbocoupe Thunderbird, and an '88 Cougar XR7. Different people in my life were pushing their favorite of that bunch, but I selected the Cougar XR7. Always wished I had picked the Turbo Regal. A dealership near me had a new GNX for sale but with the ADM was more than I was willing to pay.

Last edited:

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
So uhm hmm who here owns a non American muscle car and what is it. And I’ll raise my hand me,me,me,me I just picked up this.
View attachment 12441
Wait.....I thought that was your daughters car. Have you absconded with it already?

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Is this Morasses code?? You guys need help""""

stonewall

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Conway
State
AR
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Dodge Hellcat Challenger
60 and 174# I have never been fat! I weighed 160# when I graduated High school LOL I'm also 6' 2" which helps.

Hunter

9000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images

Oh yeah!!!

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
. A dealership near me had a new GNX for sale but the ADM was more than I was willing to pay.

Curious what they went for new...u always see the 29,999 sticker quoted but what was the "reality"?

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Curious what they went for new...u always see the 29,999 sticker quoted but what was the "reality"?
All of those cars I mentioned were going for around $18k at the time...depending on options obviously (the Cougar XR7 I bought stickered at $18.3k, and it was pretty loaded. I paid 15k). The Grand Nationals were going for around $20k in my area if I remember correctly....I'm making that disclaimer because I'm old and fat :)
That GNX was pushing $30k or slightly more (it might actually have been an '87, not 100% sure), which to me was pretty pricey in the summer of 1988, and I just didn't see the value of it over a Turbo Regal or GN. That GNX was sitting right out on the front lawn of the dealership in what I would call a spotlight position. It was black, and it was beautiful. And it was the only one I ever saw for sale in my area. It was at the more illustrious Buick dealership at the time.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Gilbert
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Fat but not old..

Although being fat amplifies the feeling of the latter

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
All of those cars I mentioned were going for around $18k at the time...depending on options obviously (the Cougar XR7 I bought stickered at $18.3k, and it was pretty loaded. I paid 15k). The Grand Nationals were going for around $20k in my area if I remember correctly....I'm making that disclaimer because I'm old and fat :)
That GNX was pushing $30k or slightly more (it might actually have been an '87, not 100% sure), which to me was pretty pricey in the summer of 1988, and I just didn't see the value of it over a Turbo Regal or GN. That GNX was sitting right out on the front lawn of the dealership in what I would call a spotlight position. It was black, and it was beautiful. And it was the only one I ever saw for sale in my area. It was at the more illustrious Buick dealership at the time.
Sorry, my bad, I was specifically referring to the ADM on the 1987 GNX. The sticker (before ADM) was 30K for that car.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Sorry, my bad, I was specifically referring to the ADM on the 1987 GNX. The sticker (before ADM) was 30K for that car.
I think that one stickered in at around $28k.....and the fact that they were asking over that made it a no for me. The sticker price was high enough that I wouldn't have bought it, but when they jacked the price up for no reason that I could justify other than greed (the price plastered across the windshield started with a 3).....there was no way they were getting my money. Back then I just didn't see how that car was almost double what I could get a Turbo Regal for, and $10k on top of a regular GN. I know it had some different equipment, but not enough to sway me. Hell...if I was gonna spend $30k on something it was going to be a Lincoln Mk VII LSC. I was gonna be riding in style :p
Of course...looking back now....and what those cars go for....I wish I hadn't been such a tight ass.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
36 and thick :LOL: (6’3 265)
Once my neck and back were destroyed I couldn’t be as active as I was just months before. Having been through a gamut of treatments and tests, I’m wondering if getting back into a regiment, pushing through the pain, wouldn’t be the best thing for me.

OP
1971demon

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Thread Starter #75
Come on guys! I have been feeling younger lately! At the end of last year we purchased this: https://www.hoistfitness.com/collections/shop-all/products/v4-elite-gym, added the leg press option and the vertical hi-lo pulley to make it a complete gym with three stations. Added a Vision S7100SRT Elliptical for more torture. Cancelled that damn $180/mo gym membership we have maintained for nearly 40 years now. Never used it enough. Then went all out and hired a real smart personal trainer to show us battered up old folks how to not hurt ourselves. Just for good measure, I picked up a new 55" TV so I can watch Fox News to fire me up during my workouts. After coming out of the 14th time they have knocked my ass out and repaired my body in some way or replaced parts on Dec 20th I had enough. I won't even allow them to begin to X-ray the old shoulders or elbows. Especially after hearing how tangled up my nerve was in my left elbow.

Now that I understand that all of those deep dips along with bench presses touching my chest with every rep has torn my shoulders up, along with taking flys way back behind my shoulders and lifting shit over my head is bad, I just may help my shoulders now! We have been working on doing unbelievable stuff with bands. I like it so much I have a spare $10 set in my travel bag! The shoulder burning sensations after a day in the garage with the mistress queen Hellcat are already gone! While I used an orbital buffer to apply wax TWICE last weekend, shining and rubbing the car on two consecutive days AND shoveling some snow, and dismantling an old wood bed produced NO pain. Sure they operated on my left arm in December, moving my unhappy Ulnar nerve from its horrible place in my elbow that has been overworked it's whole life. Except for the scar on the inside of my elbow, the arm feels as strong if not stronger than my other in performing bi-lateral presses and pulls, as well as tricep, bicep and even forearm curls last night!

Will be eligible for Social Security in May, but have remained at about 200 lbs for 25 or more years now. Not even thinking of taking any of that money or worse yet retiring for at least five more years! Since only a bit of select wine will pass my lips regularly and of course an occasional beer when recommended, a bunch of heavy drinking does not happen here, thus the big belly is not developing. But, my shoulders, chest and thighs ARE beginning to look more familiar again;)

Last Tuesday, before flying to DC, I did 90 minutes of workout in my basement. Landed and needed to get across that nightmare of traffic for dinner with an associate. Screw sitting in an Uber for 30 minutes, I simply walked 2.5 miles, because it was 64 degrees and I could! I can report my legs with two fake knees and one fake hip feel like I am 19 again. Don't take on this old man in a Nastar course, because I have been earning gold medals for decades now, due to my age handicap and even have surprised a few young pacesetters with my raw time. Been skiing and racing for almost 50 years now, and with steel knees and a reinforced lumbar area, I am even more crazy now! Helmet? Can't hear my skis good enough, fucks up my still good peripheral vision. Extra shit to lose I say.
Your a winner there big dog....a word of advice on the SS...take it @ 66...DONT wait till 70...just keep working...

OP
1971demon

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Thread Starter #76
Once my neck and back were destroyed I couldn’t be as active as I was just months before. Having been through a gamut of treatments and tests, I’m wondering if getting back into a regiment, pushing through the pain, wouldn’t be the best thing for me.
ease into that regiment...pain is your body sending you a message

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I Hell...if I was gonna spend $30k on something it was going to be a Lincoln Mk VII LSC. I was gonna be riding in style :p
Of course...looking back now....and what those cars go for....I wish I hadn't been such a tight ass.
I had one of those as a DD for a long time when I lived in St. Pete. Traded it for a leased Mk VIII - dash on that car looked like the bridge of the Enterprise on TNG ! Was not nearly as fun a car to own or drive tho.

OLDBAYCRAB

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middle River
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger WB Redeye Octane Red
Old and Fat here. Trying to lose some lard since my triple bypass. Was 280... now 230. Coming down slowly.

My son bought me a redundant bike for exercise and fat burn recently. I would have to pedal from here to Mexico to burn off just part of my fat ass. I refer to it as my repugnant bike.

Although I look like Santa Claus, my wife says that I am hot and sexy....

Well at least that is what I overheard her saying to someone on the phone the other day.

Hmmm.... on second thought, she might not have been talking about me. :unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

Demon1

500 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Naples
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Demon
Weight loss generally does wonders for the back unless it’s a structural problem. Even then, weight loss is a big help.

OP
1971demon

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Thread Starter #80

WTF...6wks. locked in a submarine???got a feeling the neighbors dog had sex appeal to you after that stint...