Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

MSHS Kentucky. Stinkeye sends it...

Bboyd

9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Monongahla
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Hellcat
That 1.26 sixty ft went thru first gear so fast that I was late shifting and hit the rev limiter. That knocked 4mph off my 1/8 mile speed and I ended up running a 9.04 on that pass. If I had been on top of that it would have been in the 8.80s on that pass. Shit happens fast at this level!
HELL YEA!!!(y)(y)

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Very impressive Marc! I'm glad that looong drive netted you what you were looking for. :)(y)

OP
Marc W

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #43

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
that thing left HARD wow !

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

OP
Marc W

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #45
I would be remiss to not mention the incredible help I got from some people in the Hellcat community. Tommy Peters (SRT Autoworks) worked his ass off to get stuff done. That included changing a set of rear tires that I wore out. The heat was oppressive and like always there ends up being a unplanned amount of thrashing to get stuff done. Brandon Wilkenson (the Hellcat transporter) was not only a huge help, but entertainment that was memorable. Thanks Brandon! Tim Barth was there also and is a big part of the performance of this car. In the end this kind of stuff doesn’t get done alone. We’re looking forward to the future, as this is a continuing project, and the new friends that have shown an interest and support are very appreciated.

Last edited:

Grape Ape

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Braselton
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
You have yourself one bada$$ ride Marc!

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcat, Demon, Trackhawk and project X,
I was going to let this go, but hmm I guess not. I was at the event, it was during the test and tune after the event after the event not during the event.The car ran slow at the event, Mark, please provide the time slips, it was a slug. Just the facts, I was there, and got 2nd in the 8.50 and and 2nd in the Outlaw class, did you rank in any event? Just bullshit, the guy posts time slips from the test and tune that occurred at night after the event, really?

TH400 car, that is slower than my A8 car. Lets keep it real

AlleyCat

500 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oro Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 HC Challenger
He ran a 9.0 in the day at 4600 pounds. How much do you and your vehicle weigh? Don't you also spray? So I do not know what bs you are talking about?

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
He ran a 9.0 in the day at 4600 pounds. How much do you and your vehicle weigh? Don't you also spray? So I do not know what bs you are talking about?
Bullshit, show me the time slip, he was not in the top 3 in the heavy weight class, just more bullshit

AlleyCat

500 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oro Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 HC Challenger
OK, lol

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
I was there, stop trying to spin this. Post the slips

OP
Marc W

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #52
Put down the pipe Cole. Here is one of the slips from 4:30 in the afternoon. Hottest time of the day on Friday. It’s right on the time slip. On track weight was 4550. Ran Heavyweight on Saturday and had a staging problem and did not make the pass. Shit happens. 922C7D8C-45D6-42E5-A17B-F062DEC289DB.jpeg

Last edited:

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Charger SRT HellcatJailbreak , 2019 RedEye WB
122 in the 1/8th holy shit haha. It’s funny on the street I do my little runs in the morning.. I go under a bridge underpass and make a Uturn.. so when I come back I’m always hitting 100 in the 1/8 consistently about 7.3 seconds and right under that bridge.. what I marvel at though is when you really visualize the 1/8th.. how short that distance really is in a fast car. I mean I got to wheel the car out a bit caz I’m not on a prepped surface and don’t do a raging burnout.. but I mean essentially once the car is moving after 2 seconds.. it’s literally 5 seconds and boom your doing 100. Those 5 seconds happen quick too when you manually shift the gears. Feels like 3 seconds. Can only image what it feels like in your rocket ship hitting warp speed

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Now what did you run? I will let the cat out of the bag, He ran nothing, total shit

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
What a farse, you ran terrible at the event, post this nonsense? Hmmm, did you win? come in 2nd? No, total joke

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
No throphy's ? keep telling the Forum you ran well, what a joke

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
wow, because of this thread I am on double secrete probation, cannot say someone is slow, yes I did say a POS, which I detract, obviously that is abusive, hurt peoples feelings, the car is fast, just not as it is currently measured, please give him a trophy for showing up, I guess that is the new normal, reward everyone, everyone is a snowflake
Come on Cole. I love you brother. But maybe you should get some sleep. Please.

Hellcat Cuda

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
S.F. East Bay
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Red Eye 1969 Hellcat Cuda
Maybe, am I out of line ? Hmmmm, if I am, I will address tomorrow (hmmmmmm)
cole3986, why are you acting like such an ass? I don't know you and I don't know Marc W. From my perspective, he's posted a video and some time slips showing some awesome times. If it wasn't during the actual race, whatever. I don't believe he said it was, or implied it. I'm just enjoying seeing the slips with the breakdowns that they show and especially enjoying the video. If you have something like that, please start a thread and post it up (or did you already do that). I'd enjoy seeing it, but please stop all the bashing dude.

OP
Marc W

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #59
Race day for me was a goose egg. Sometimes a mistake combined with some bad luck.... and that happens. I entered two classes because it was two for the price of one. I was there to race Heavyweight. That class is a 4400 lb minimum with unlimited mods. I also entered the 8.50 index Super Pro class just for fun. Both are heads up pro tree classes. First round in S/P, the tree malfunctioned and I did not make a pass. Just a drive down the track. On returning to the pits, I was told to be back in staging within ten minutes to rerun it due the malfunction. At the time I was being told that... they called Heavyweight to the lanes. Heavyweight pairings are done with a chip draw and the drivers have to be there to do that. I had no choice but to withdraw from S/P or risk not making H/W. First round of H/W I was paired with Phasthemi. One of my pit crew while “helping” me stage, stepped into the pre-stage beam causing my light to go on. I thought I was pre-staged and stopped to wait on my opponent. Courtesy staging was in effect and there are rules to follow. My crew standing in the staging light was a rookie mistake and I did not know that was happening. After my opponent was staged and my crew stepped out of the way, my light went out. I was disqualified at that point and watched Phasthemi make a solo pass for the win. I was out in the first round without ever making a pass. I apologized to Simon for the circus on the starting line and told him it was not intentional. I actually didn’t know what the story was until later. This is racing. Mistakes happen, bad luck happens, and sometimes the fastest cars loose. None of this was a part of this thread and that’s why it wasn’t mentioned. I posted my times and the cars performance because that’s what this forum is about. It ran what it ran and there’s nothing misleading or dishonest about anything I posted. I spent $2000 out of pocket and over 70 hours behind the wheel towing to do do this. The goal was to further the progress with the car and have some fun. Mission accomplished on that and the rest is lessons learned. And that makes me a POS......

Last edited:
OP
Marc W

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #60
Another one of the did nothing passes.... that 60’ is at 4550 lbs. The car is slug. 8FC33143-57AA-4DFA-9838-F987D2D9D16E.jpeg