Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

MSHS KY Race

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Got some time this week to edit up the video from MSHS KY last weekend. It was hot but fun. My main race focus was the 10.00 index class but you automatically get the bracket race entry with the ticket so I raced in both. Ran a 10.07 at 140MPH right off the trailer in 3669 DA so I was pretty happy. Then I started playing with the tune a bit to try to improve my 60' as I knew the day would get hotter and the DA would go up. I'm not sure what apps folks were using but DA numbers the apps were giving were all over the place, so when I got home I took my time slips and looked up the weather data on Weather Underground and plugged that info in to Air Density Online and found the DA ranged from 3669 early in the day to 4298 in the afternoon.

I'm pretty happy with the car's performance and it's consistency. I didn't really have to do anything to it other than check tire pressure and cool down 20 minutes or so between rounds to run almost identical times. I may look in to some suspension upgrades for the fall to get that 60' down as that's really the only thing I think needs improvement.

mshsky_r6_small.jpg mshsky_r7_small.jpg

Bboyd

9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Monongahla
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Hellcat
Bracket racer is born....

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcat, Demon, Trackhawk and project X,
Bracket racer is born....

Nope, it was hot, the guys posting the 8's passes were not during the event but at night. Just the facts, it was stupid hot. Speedy introduced himself, went to probably every pit. I don't think he is a bracket racer, I maybe wrong but I think he likes to throw down, bring the heat.

Old Mopar Guy

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
15 Hellcat Challenger
Watched it a few minutes ago. Nicely done!

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle

Guys coming from Arizona and running slow during the event, it turned out that my stock drive train was the 3rd quickest at the event (behind Epling and Grumpy, both pro mods). It just amazes me, I am running boost only, no nitrous, and all these super quick hellcats are slower. If I sprayed, hmmmmm. I did not because everyone was yelling at me, I blown up 3 blowers on spray.

Speedy is a good egg, made sure to introduce himself.

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #6
Good to meet ya Cole. I think if you were gonna spray it everyone wanted it to be the last pass of the day LMAO because "all the nitrous" haha.

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Good to meet ya Cole. I think if you were gonna spray it everyone wanted it to be the last pass of the day LMAO because "all the nitrous" haha.
Speedy,
Nothing but respect, why? Very simple, you look a person in the eye and say hello

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #8
Meeting folks is a big part of it for me. I was disappointed to hear Simon was there and I never saw him.

Phast Hemi

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
SHELBY TOWNSHIP
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Chall SRT Hellcat Redeye
Meeting folks is a big part of it for me. I was disappointed to hear Simon was there and I never saw him.
Speedy,
Hopefully we'll meet at the Detroit MSHS. I was pitted right next to Cole and the Eplings. Between helping a bunch of other racers and dealing with my own car issues I was running around a lot. Sorry we missed each other.

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #10
No worries Simon, I get it trust me. Race days can get hectic. My next event will be ChallengerFest and Moparty in September.

Primetime Hellcat 17

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger Hellcat
Well the Hellcat built in Arizona by SRT Autoworks went a 8.90 no spray and 4500lbs in some dam bad hot weather.Plus no weight reduction minus the race seats. I believe Marc is the fastest Hellcat in the US with no spray and boost only weighing in at 4500lbs. Marc is tied 8th on the list as a pretty dam fast cat!
Hey speedy your videos are always the best! It’s like I have a man crush on you lol! Can’t wait till the next video. Lol dont make it weird.

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City