Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Multiple Cars

Decay

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Astoria
State
OR
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 widebody Redeye
At what point does a guy start to hire work out?
If you have so many cars that you can't maintain them yourself then you have to hire some folks.
Then( and I think this may be fun) you call your guy and say I'm driving the blue( or for me white) cat today, have it gassed up out front.
I'm in! LOL

72 440 Barracuda

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Graham
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
I don't think this is exactly the answer you were looking for, but I've got 4 cars in a 3+1 garage (3rd spot is double deep). At some magical point in the future, there will be a fifth car using a stacker in the 4th "plus" spot.

While I love the vehicles, I absolutely hate the shuffle game. Taking any one of the vehicles out for whatever reason, especially the 3 primary spots is fine, no problem. Changing the oil (there's lots of oil to change...) means that at LEAST two cars are moving, if not all of them, so it takes me an annoying amount of time just to get to a point where I can start the oil change/tire rotation.

My wife asks me what I'm going to do when the next one comes, I keep telling her she's buying me a new house too.

(Ask me how likely that is...)

So for me, while I really do like performing maintenance on my vehicles, sometimes when one of the oil changes sneaks up on you and you're not ready to give up the afternoon for it, it can be a drag.

And that's just the oil changes, and the tires, and the next mod, and cleaning...

Jesus, we're FOREVER cleaning one of the cars, it almost seems like we can't go somewhere without saying we have to wash the vehicle...

BUT, just like you know all to well...

Once you get in the car and go, it's freakin' awesome...

Or the PW

Or the DSRT

Or the "beater" Durango that keeps everything else nice...
Oh, and I have more garage space than I have house. LOL.
2700 sq ft garage/shop space with a 2400 sq ft house.
I guess I am trying to keep up with what you guys have - lol.
The house is about 1800sq ft, the shop is about 3000 sq ft.
I do have multiple toys - a couple Cuda's (big block Barracuda and small block Cuda) with a couple Challengers ('74 and the '15 Hellcat), a Dart and a Duster along with a couple daily's (commuter and a diesel 1 ton Dodge dually).
I do play the shuffle game as well - especially since I added a lift in the shop for oil changes.
I am just bad at selling stuff so most of the time I just keep adding more which makes things start to get busy...

Purerock105

1000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Reno
State
NV
Country
United States
Vehicle
16' Corvette Z06, 17' Shelby GT350, 17' Raptor
I bounce around between 3 & 4 vehicles. "Variety is the spice of life" as they say. Manual, automatic, sunroof, etc. No headaches yet.

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
I think you need to watch “Jay Leno Garage” to get your answer:unsure:. And for me Hellcat yeah your only here for so long and the ICE age days are at the heyday. I love cars, trucks, SUVs, motorcycles, dirt bikes, tractors, Atvs, side by sides, boats, electric bicycles and most anything else that moves and makes noise:love:

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
I had 5 Mopars up until about 2 years ago. Now I’m down to my 2019 Hellcat Redeye and my 2015 Hellcat. Love them both. They really are different cars.

04578191-CA6C-46B8-95A4-5D919162E311.jpeg

Hayabusa

HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lunatic Fringe
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 WB Redeye, Sublime
One fun car, rotated with some frequency in the past, is my budget tolerence.

I make sure my daily is also a fun truck. Have had Raptors and Rams (Rumblebee was great). Currently have a loaded Ram Longhorn 1500 with air suspension to go with my Redeye. Love the up & down and rising up to "Off Road 2" when I have someone cut me off in traffic and we come to a light. The view of the truck rising up in their rearview must be interesting :LOL:.

Got into motorcycles late in life and did the multiple bikes thing for over a decade. The logic could apply to cars...each bike was for different purpose or experience. At my peak had a Harley Davidson Screamin' Eagle V-Rod, Ducati 1098R, Ducati Streetfighter S, Yamaha Warrior w/Stage 4 kit. All had work on them, only used Ducati Moto parts on the Ducs.

Apply that to cars and an expensive mix with much greater space requirements emerges :oops:. In the winter my line of bikes with CTek battery conditioners attached was cool.

Old pic from a peak period so I don't get "pics or it didn't happen" bombed :)

fullsizeoutput_1116.jpeg

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
I have more toys than space as there are 3 comfortably stored inside, and we have been in the market for a hoist for a while to stack them. The garage is 28x40 with radiant floor heating so everything is nice and warm over the winter. A battery tender gets moved from car to car every few days. And I do my oil changes laying in the snow. That covers off November to April.

The summer driving season is pretty much just oil changes and tire rotations as the toys are usually in good shape (heavy mods happen over the winter) and any surprises are dealt with in the moment. The biggest modification I made to my wagon last year was changing out a set of front UCAs - it took a day of farting around.

The TBSS is done and just sits. I actually drove it for the first time in over a month yesterday.

Plus, as you guys may have seen I am getting my MCSS road worthy again for the first time in 8 years. In the midst of some bodywork now.

The HC is Dodge's problem for the next 7 years other than brakes, clutch, tires, and light bulbs. This is by design so I can walk away from my projects without slipping into depression.

If you are buying another car just to have it get the HC or a similar late-model car. The void will still be there after the excitement of the initial purchase wears off. If you are looking to get in over your head and finding a distraction from your finite time on this planet: buy a project car and tinker your days away.

72 440 Barracuda

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Graham
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
I have more toys than space as there are 3 comfortably stored inside, and we have been in the market for a hoist for a while to stack them. The garage is 28x40 with radiant floor heating so everything is nice and warm over the winter. A battery tender gets moved from car to car every few days. And I do my oil changes laying in the snow. That covers off November to April.

The summer driving season is pretty much just oil changes and tire rotations as the toys are usually in good shape (heavy mods happen over the winter) and any surprises are dealt with in the moment. The biggest modification I made to my wagon last year was changing out a set of front UCAs - it took a day of farting around.

The TBSS is done and just sits. I actually drove it for the first time in over a month yesterday.

Plus, as you guys may have seen I am getting my MCSS road worthy again for the first time in 8 years. In the midst of some bodywork now.

The HC is Dodge's problem for the next 7 years other than brakes, clutch, tires, and light bulbs. This is by design so I can walk away from my projects without slipping into depression.

If you are buying another car just to have it get the HC or a similar late-model car. The void will still be there after the excitement of the initial purchase wears off. If you are looking to get in over your head and finding a distraction from your finite time on this planet: buy a project car and tinker your days away.
I definitely don't need any more projects - after building a house (had most of it done) and still working on the shop I have my hands full for a few years.
I do enjoy the tinkering, thats where the shop comes in - get it done and I have the space to work on a couple longstanding projects in a little more comfort.

sad

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bartlesville
State
OK
Country
United States
At what point does a guy start to hire work out?
If you have so many cars that you can't maintain them yourself then you have to hire some folks.
Then( and I think this may be fun) you call your guy and say I'm driving the blue( or for me white) cat today, have it gassed up out front.
I'm in! LOL
My mechanic at the local Dodge dealer does just about anything over and above brakes and oil changes. And sometimes even those too.

And yes, The Dodge mechanic works on my Vette. And the Atom is going to him as well.

Hellcat Cuda

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
S.F. East Bay
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Red Eye 1969 Hellcat Cuda
Aside from always having a Ram pickup for daily driving, I've had a long time, Cuda project car that has changed directions (the "theme" of the car) several times in the course of it's build. It was tough working on it while in a job position that required lots of travel. In the meantime, I was lusting over the new gen Challengers and finally bought a R/T Classic back in 2010. The R/T finally gave way to a '15 Scat Pack 6 speed (SUPER fun to drive).

I finally retired and was looking forward to really concentrating on and finishing the Cuda. Then "the flood" happened. Been remodeling the whole house now for way too long, so I upgraded the SP to a Red Eye to have maximum fun during the interim. The house project is getting very close to completion and I'll finally be jumping back on to my Cuda this summer. That will also be a fun car and I think I'll be fully content with those two cars and the difference between the two. A 4,200+lb. RE with 797 hp / auto trans and a 3,200lb. Cuda with 707hp (Hellcat engine) and 5sp. manual. What a contrast(!), with BOTH of them being incredibly fast. I really don't think I'm going to mind working on either of them, but the wife's car and my truck will go to the dealer for maint. or warranty work. If I can finally put a lift in my garage, that'll probably change things up a bit.

Latest Forum Posts