Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

My 2016 Hellcat build and update post.

OP
RGPIII

RGPIII

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bridgeville
State
DE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #261
Let them bald eagles fly!!!

<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="
" title="@1320tunes @Starcksperormance @Smurfed_cat IG 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸." frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I keep my cats because of noise.

I'm still running Mobil 1 0W40 in mine. I've not seen any drop in oil pressure over 3,000 miles or so oci. Mine shows 43ish idle and 73ish wot. My engine is stock though.
Cat deletes up the sound a little but with stock exhaust it is still quiet until wide open. Someone at the track this weekend I have known did notice going down the track it was louder then it used to be and asked about it

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
IMG_0646.jpeg

Hatermkr

1000 Posts Club
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
West bend
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 helldemon
You put a winberg crank in that thing ?

OP
RGPIII

RGPIII

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bridgeville
State
DE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #265
OP
RGPIII

RGPIII

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bridgeville
State
DE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #266

Hatermkr

1000 Posts Club
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
West bend
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 helldemon
OP
RGPIII

RGPIII

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bridgeville
State
DE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #268
8cwt. billet was not in my budget unfortunately. I'm not looking to chase Z down or anything. I'll leave that to you guys with the big money. I'm just a regular guy, just my street car.

Last edited:

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I'm surprised there was no wear material from a brand new engine. I thought that was a pretty standard and normal thing.

The oil analysis from my Mopar crate long block Demon/Redeye motor had wear metals in copper and iron. I had probably done 2 or 3 oil changes by 10,000 miles on the motor and had the analysis done. I think it was like 170ppm of copper and 37ppm of iron. The next analysis 4,000 miles later both values had dropped considerably.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I'm surprised there was no wear material from a brand new engine. I thought that was a pretty standard and normal thing.

The oil analysis from my Mopar crate long block Demon/Redeye motor had wear metals in copper and iron. I had probably done 2 or 3 oil changes by 10,000 miles on the motor and had the analysis done. I think it was like 170ppm of copper and 37ppm of iron. The next analysis 4,000 miles later both values had dropped considerably.
It self clearances.

OP
RGPIII

RGPIII

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bridgeville
State
DE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #271

I agree, I was very shocked when I got it apart. I am going to pour the oil through a strainer today and see if there is anything that I didn't see in it. also going to take a few more white clean rags and go over the filter material and see if I get anything. all in all I'm very pleased with the Engine, heads, cam. ready to start dialing in some power with Sumit.

Last edited:

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
reflections from the light- nothing in the filter media. I went all through it.
I’m just messing with you lol

Hatermkr

1000 Posts Club
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
West bend
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 helldemon
8cwt. billet was not in my budget unfortunately. I'm not looking to chase Z down or anything. I'll leave that to you guys with the big money. I'm just a regular guy, just my street car.
I’m more street than you ever seen lol. It’s 75 miles to work and home. You will never see a idle clip of my car let alone 6 lol

OP
RGPIII

RGPIII

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bridgeville
State
DE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #274
I’m more street than you ever seen lol. It’s 75 miles to work and home. You will never see a idle clip of my car let alone 6 lol
I'm blown away by the sound of the cam as it was not thought to have this type of sound. work for me depending on which shop I'm at that day is 50 miles round trip or 70 round trip. then the countless meets and car shows, driving down the board walk in OC. most of the street classes I race in make us do street cruises. Be careful driving your car with that cage it in on the street bud, that could hurt you big time. I'm still stock seats, I will not give up all my amenities and lose the quality of the car.

Hatermkr

1000 Posts Club
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
West bend
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 helldemon
I'm blown away by the sound of the cam as it was not thought to have this type of sound. work for me depending on which shop I'm at that day is 50 miles round trip or 70 round trip. then the countless meets and car shows, driving down the board walk in OC. most of the street classes I race in make us do street cruises. Be careful driving your car with that cage it in on the street bud, that could hurt you big time. I'm still stock seats, I will not give up all my amenities and lose the quality of the car.
Mine goes back to stock seats when not going to the track. I Don’t Know about your tracks but mine follows the rules 9.0 OR 150 or any brake change than factory parts YOU need a cage.
And my c7 is way more fun to drive than the helldemon

https://www.motortrend.com/news/new-nhra-rules-for-2014-newer-cars/amp/

OP
RGPIII

RGPIII

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bridgeville
State
DE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #276
Mine goes back to stock seats when not going to the track. I Don’t Know about your tracks but mine follows the rules 9.0 OR 150 or any brake change than factory parts YOU need a cage.
And my c7 is way more fun to drive than the helldemon

https://www.motortrend.com/news/new-nhra-rules-for-2014-newer-cars/amp/

We don't have many NHRA tracks here. most are now the WDRA. which was the old IHRA. I also stick to running the NT classes. So none of my times are displayed on the boards. that leaves it up to the track to decide if they want to mess with me. I've personally never had an issue. the majority of my faster runs come during track rentals. most the shootouts I run in are not time slips given. so no one has any idea how fast were going.

Hatermkr

1000 Posts Club
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
West bend
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 helldemon
We don't have many NHRA tracks here. most are now the WDRA. which was the old IHRA. I also stick to running the NT classes. So none of my times are displayed on the boards. that leaves it up to the track to decide if they want to mess with me. I've personally never had an issue. the majority of my faster runs come during track rentals. most the shootouts I run in are not time slips given. so no one has any idea how fast were going.
That’s a plus. Not here they charge 50 bucks extra for no time.

OP
RGPIII

RGPIII

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bridgeville
State
DE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #278
That’s a plus. Not here they charge 50 bucks extra for no time.
sadly its $30-$50 extra here too. but that's what is big around here so that's unfortunately the game we play. i posted times at the end of the stock engine. the new setup will not be posted for a good while.

Hatermkr

1000 Posts Club
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
West bend
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 helldemon
sadly its $30-$50 extra here too. but that's what is big around here so that's unfortunately the game we play. i posted times at the end of the stock engine. the new setup will not be posted for a good while.
8.10-8.40

OP
RGPIII

RGPIII

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bridgeville