Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

My 2017 950whp/930wtq True Flex Fuel Charger Hellcat

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger He’ll Cat
Love the stripes and accent pin stripes. Also note it was dyno'd using STD correction which is going to read higher than SAE correction. Based on the mods in that package, the numbers look about right so I wouldn't say its a factory freak. Your DR's eat up some of the power on the dyno, but with that pulley combination, you've got to be running around 18psi of boost. Always good to get some feedback from the lesser used tuners and shops. You don't hear much about Satera on the forums even though they seem to do quality work.
Just a note on STD vs SAE correction factors. STD can actually read the same or even lower then SAE numbers depending on the atmospheric conditions at the dyno when the tests are being ran. SAE adjusts the readings as well to atmospheric conditions according to the SAE standard correction factors so numbers from around the globe can be more evenly compared. STD uses the conditions measured at the dyno at the time of the test, SAE a set of dictated conditions. I know this to be factual as I dyno cars often on a friends dyno and have switched the readings around between SAE and STD, it’s only a button click away, and have witnessed at an 800 hp level the readings at times to be exactly the same, STD be a hair higher, a bit higher, or in really crappy conditions STD was LOWER then SAE correction factors.

BTW, NICE numbers and GREAT looking ride.

Blkout

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warner Robins
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Just a note on STD vs SAE correction factors. STD can actually read the same or even lower then SAE numbers depending on the atmospheric conditions at the dyno when the tests are being ran. SAE adjusts the readings as well to atmospheric conditions according to the SAE standard correction factors so numbers from around the globe can be more evenly compared. STD uses the conditions measured at the dyno at the time of the test, SAE a set of dictated conditions. I know this to be factual as I dyno cars often on a friends dyno and have switched the readings around between SAE and STD, it’s only a button click away, and have witnessed at an 800 hp level the readings at times to be exactly the same, STD be a hair higher, a bit higher, or in really crappy conditions STD was LOWER then SAE correction factors.

BTW, NICE numbers and GREAT looking ride.
Thanks.

I suppose anything is possible but I've never personally seen STD numbers lower than SAE when measured on the same dyno. Typically the tuner can switch the readings like you said with one click and SAE is typically always lower.

Here's a good explanation of the difference and why SAE will typically read lower, basically it corrects for a higher temp than STD.

http://www.superchevy.com/how-to/gh...ion-of-dyno-correction-real-wheel-horsepower/

STD, or standard correction, represents one of the oldest correction factors used by the Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE). STD is also known as J607 and it uses standard conditions of 60-degrees F, 29.92inHg and 0-percent humidity.

SAE J1349 is the current gold standard of dyno testing and represents the newest widely accepted industry standard correction factor. Reengineered in 1990 (yeah, a long time ago), the SAE correction factor standardizes temperature to 77-degrees F, 29.23inHg and dry, 0-percent humid air. SAE, unlike uncorrected or STD, also uses a mechanical efficiency (friction) modifier in the correction factor, which assumes an 85-percent mechanical efficiency or a 15-percent differential in engine power due to frictional loss, which is fairly accurate in a standard all-motor application. Now, if you're thinking this means it reads 15-percent higher, that is not the case at all. In fact, SAE, due to the higher and more realistic standard temperature and absolute pressure factors will normally read 4-percent lower than a dyno graph printed in STD.

Last edited:

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Good info there!!

Some where in a file I have a print out of the same dyno data displayed in SAE and then in STD and the difference was only like 10-15 hp on 825 avg. I’ll see if I can find them and post if I do

Blkout

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warner Robins
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Good info there!!

Some where in a file I have a print out of the same dyno data displayed in SAE and then in STD and the difference was only like 10-15 hp on 825 avg. I’ll see if I can find them and post if I do
Yea, in that article I posted, you can see that the difference is supposed to be around 4% but they only measured a little over 2% so I figure the difference is between 2-4% higher with STD. Doesn't sound like a lot but when you start talking about engines that make 1000hp, 2-4% is decent number.

OP
joeslokat
Member ID
Reactions
City
Indianapolis
State
IN
Country
United States
Vehicle
17 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #25
I am really not too worried about the dyno numbers. Simply a reference point, based on the fuel it is using I'm pretty confident it will preform well. Might try to get a draggy to occupy my time until corona leaves us alone.

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Get a GTech Pro SS, it uses a 50 Hz military grade GPS unit verse the Draggy’s 10hz unit. I’ve used every timer out there and compared everyone to track time markers from 60’ out and hands down the Gtech Pro unit wins. I LOVE mine for Test and Tune on my own private course lol
548A4104-B39D-4A29-A2A6-2C9A9486FEA4.jpeg

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I had the 1st Gtech back in the 90's and it was within 100ths at the track. The difference was the roll out. We used to use it all the time in mexico for testing

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
I’ve had a Few of the Gtechs over the years, New one tracking 11 satellites accurate to 12” and +/- .005 seconds which I have confirmed from many track runs. Great tool, use mine often. Have old Gtech Fanatic in my Capri.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Have one in the GTO up for sale

OP
joeslokat
Member ID
Reactions
City
Indianapolis
State
IN
Country
United States
Vehicle
17 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #30

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
it's going with the GTO my friend. sorry

OP
joeslokat
Member ID
Reactions
City
Indianapolis
State
IN
Country
United States
Vehicle
17 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #32
No worries. Sounds like i need to order one then!

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Love the stripe color combination.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
I’ve had a Few of the Gtechs over the years, New one tracking 11 satellites accurate to 12” and +/- .005 seconds which I have confirmed from many track runs. Great tool, use mine often. Have old Gtech Fanatic in my Capri.
Never taken mine out of the GTO. 16Go, when you compare the Gtech to the onboard OEM timing "gear" how accurate did you find the OEM stuff to be?

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Sometimes the car is spot on to what it reads to resolution wise .1 but sometimes it’s off by .2 to .3 of the track and GTECH. Haven’t figured out why though, I though wheel spin but at the track with 17” sticky’s on there’s little to no spin.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
That's kind of what I was expecting. Thanks.

OP
joeslokat
Member ID
Reactions
City
Indianapolis
State
IN
Country
United States
Vehicle
17 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #37
Sometimes the car is spot on to what it reads to resolution wise .1 but sometimes it’s off by .2 to .3 of the track and GTECH. Haven’t figured out why though, I though wheel spin but at the track with 17” sticky’s on there’s little to no spin.
As someone looking for their first times and to start testing if the gtech is as accurate as people say it will be great for me. Ordering now.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
You won't regret it.

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Agree, you won’t regret it, I use mine at least once EVERY time out lol

OP
joeslokat
Member ID
Reactions
City
Indianapolis
State
IN
Country
United States
Vehicle
17 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #40
Well, pass number 6 we did it. Full weight soft leave.