Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

MY 2021 important for the Hellcat?

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Anyone who drives a Ford porbe probably enjoys a good probing.
PORBE??...must be the Canadian version...like that whole Parisianne thing back in the day...

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
PORBE??...must be the Canadian version...like that whole Parisianne thing back in the day...
Typo meant PROBE

ford-probe.jpg

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
That's about it. A bunch of HCs sit undriven since 2015 (its collectabul...lshit) which people who paid over ADM are still suffering from that horrible investment.

I'd argue that if Dodge wanted make an impact, as the Power Dollars have shown, they need to change the formula and cost of entry into a HC Challenger to reach deeper into the market (and get people off the fence). Meaning: make an A12 variant with even less crap than my car got (which would leave me disappointed) lose the expensive adjustable dampers, less insulation, single speaker, just a bunch of SRT buttons that do stuff vs. performance pages, etc, etc. Get thousands of dollars out of the car - but keep the HC engine.

That MIGHT bring more folks in.

I know that this rubs a lot of fat old guys the wrong way - but you already made your case and got your car. Time to start considering the needs/wants of other people.
Fat old men....that's funny

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
A younger, slightly more immature me, spent way too much time putting the word "anal" in front of various car names from the 80s and 90s.

Anal...

Probe
Ranger
Expedition
Bronco
Explorer
and so on...

It just kind of writes itself.

Also for the Moparians:

Anal...

Sundance
Avenger
Caravan
Rampage
Butt I digress...

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
A younger, slightly more immature me, spent way too much time putting the word "anal" in front of various car names from the 80s and 90s.

Anal...

Probe
Ranger
Expedition
Bronco
Explorer
and so on...

It just kind of writes itself.

Also for the Moparians:

Anal...

Sundance
Avenger
Caravan
Rampage
Butt I digress...
You missed the best one.......RAM

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
You missed the best one.......RAM
TMI, keep your personal fetishes to yourself.

Av8ing1

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
San Marcos
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
Anal..
Challenger
Charger

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
There's a whole lot of anal porbe going on in this thread, let's try and stay on topic...

:unsure:

Av8ing1

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
San Marcos
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
Interesting discussion. This is my first Dodge (FCA) purchase. Previously FCA vehicles never really came to mind when thinking of a vehicle purchase. The only interest at all in the brand was the Challenger Charger platform due the raw HP available. Luxury, technology, fuel efficiency, reliability, resale value, engineering excellence..were not values I would associate with the brand(s). I doubt that FCA will have the will or resources to seriously address and become market leaders in any of these areas anytime soon. I think they should go with more of the same until they can. Keep with the performance, value, excitement branding. Giving 700+ HP to more of the platforms does this. Even if they don't sell that many of the Hellcat or Red Eye versions doing so brings in sales to the entire line. I'd advise them to sell the Hellcat and Red Eye editions at as much of a discount as possible. The profit is the brand perception that sells the lower level cars. The market for $100k FCA products is too small to expect significant returns. I love the idea of a TrackHawk or Hellcat version of the Durango but am I willing to spend 100K? Probably not. Sell them for less, pump up the brand. Meanwhile work on the next gen and make it really good.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Interesting discussion. This is my first Dodge (FCA) purchase. Previously FCA vehicles never really came to mind when thinking of a vehicle purchase. The only interest at all in the brand was the Challenger Charger platform due the raw HP available. Luxury, technology, fuel efficiency, reliability, resale value, engineering excellence..were not values I would associate with the brand(s). I doubt that FCA will have the will or resources to seriously address and become market leaders in any of these areas anytime soon. I think they should go with more of the same until they can. Keep with the performance, value, excitement branding. Giving 700+ HP to more of the platforms does this. Even if they don't sell that many of the Hellcat or Red Eye versions doing so brings in sales to the entire line. I'd advise them to sell the Hellcat and Red Eye editions at as much of a discount as possible. The profit is the brand perception that sells the lower level cars. The market for $100k FCA products is too small to expect significant returns. I love the idea of a TrackHawk or Hellcat version of the Durango but am I willing to spend 100K? Probably not. Sell them for less, pump up the brand. Meanwhile work on the next gen and make it really good.
With all those areas of excellence that you mention...resale vale is the only area that is not FCA offerings strong suit...the others..I disagree they got em covered...and call it short sightedness on my part..but what the next guy was going to give me was never a consideration in my auto purchase..driving my cars is like a vacation to me..(and we all know what those cost)..from my perspective..pretty soon my cars wont owe me a dime

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
With all those areas of excellence that you mention...resale vale is the only area that is not FCA offerings strong suit...the others..I disagree they got em covered...and call it short sightedness on my part..but what the next guy was going to give me was never a consideration in my auto purchase..driving my cars is like a vacation to me..(and we all know what those cost)..from my perspective..pretty soon my cars wont owe me a dime
Have to agree. I don't do anything with my hobby or passion from a money angle. It's pure love/enjoyment of the vehicle. That's not to mean you should be a complete irresponsible ass and spend twice what a car's worth or burn your money etc.,(or even make some money by weel'n n deal'n within the hobby) but when you do it for your sole you can't put a price on that. Hey, I know guys who snorted more money up their nose and paid bar tabs bigger than the amount of these cars over a years time (no shit), so you could be doing worse things with your money. Even if the car was worthless after ten years, like 1971demon says you had a vacation every time you were in it.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
Non-US
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcat
I came in after he left but that makes sense to me. I don't think a guy on the 'inside' would put himself on the line like that unless something was cooking at the time. For whatever reason (cost, emissions, both? upgrades needed to support the 1000hp) it took turn away from the hellaphant.
Leadership and a focus on electrification...

OP
04Ram2500Hemi

04Ram2500Hemi

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Western
State
MT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Ram TRX
Thread Starter #34
Something else to consider. In order to keep the Hellcat Platform alive, it can’t just be a Challenger or Charger. I think the Trackhawk and the HellRango (or whatever they call it) are important to keep the Hellcat platform as a whole going. The TRX makes sense as it keeps interest in the Ram alive. Different vehicles with the Hellcat keeps interest alive and people in FCA vehicles.

Purerock105

1000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Reno
State
NV
Country
United States
Vehicle
16' Corvette Z06, 17' Shelby GT350, 17' Raptor
I think I read that the new Jeep Grand Cherokee for 2021 or 22 won't have HellCat powered option initially or at all. Enter in HellCat Durango. That's the only plausible idea behind it.

FCA beat around the bush, but the 300SRT was discontinued stateside as to not eat at Charger SRT cars and for 2015, the intro year for Hellcats.

OP
04Ram2500Hemi

04Ram2500Hemi

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Western
State
MT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Ram TRX
Thread Starter #36
I think I read that the new Jeep Grand Cherokee for 2021 or 22 won't have HellCat powered option initially or at all. Enter in HellCat Durango. That's the only plausible idea behind it.

FCA beat around the bush, but the 300SRT was discontinued stateside as to not eat at Charger SRT cars and for 2015, the intro year for Hellcats.
If they would have given us the Chrysler 300 Hellcat it would have sold like the dickens. I’d take one of those over the Charger or Challenger in a minute. You’re probably right on eating into other Hellcat sales.

JRabq

1000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Talking about new models coming along, came across this today. First gen Charger I think. Pretty cool. 20200208_165933.jpg 20200208_165933.jpg

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Talking about new models coming along, came across this today. First gen Charger I think. Pretty cool. View attachment 12128 View attachment 12128
Ya know it's funny. Everyone says how big are cars are compared to the Camaro and Mustang. Then you see something like this. Now those are BIG.