Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

My Trackhawk Leaving A Car Show

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
What an idiot that Nissan driver was... sorry I missed this first time around
Traded his mustang for it:unsure:

T_Trahan44

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2012 Challenger SXT
This is why I stopped going to car shows and meets. People can’t stop acting a fool. Beautiful cars, powerful cars, and just all around great people. But the whole thing is ruined for me by some asshats who can’t control themselves.

Ronin

500 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Muspelheim
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'22 Challenger Hellcat
What a jackwagon...ran out of talent REAL quick and ruined a beautiful car in the process.

Accidents happen of course, but watching the first few minutes of the video with the mouth-breathing neck-beard millennials and it's hardly surprising when stuff like this happens. One of the reasons Dodge has offered the SRT Racing School is to let owners learn about and enjoy the limits of their vehicles on a closed course, which in turn makes them safer on the street. How much formal training do you think the GT-R driver had? I've had some formal training in addition to previously attending the SRT Racing school courtesy of my Uncle (Sam) but believe me when I tell you I'm sure I'm gonna prompt a few comments once I get my Hellcat...

"Hey, isn't that a Hellcat?"

"Yeah, looks like it..."

"Then why the hell is that dude driving it like an old lady on her way to church?"

"I dunno, maybe he's skeered or something..."

I'll let my hair down (if I actually had any) once I get used to it but I offroad a lot and this reminds me of the guys that buy Can Am Maverick X3s as their first UTV and pancake them and get hurt (or worse) when they likewise run out of talent. I had hundreds of hours and thousands of miles in 3 previous, progressively high(-er) performance UTVs before I bought Can-Am's flagship and just like a Hellcat it will hurt or kill you (or someone else) the second you don't respect it...that's the problem I suppose, respect and the lack of it.

Also kind of like guys who insist on having sub-MOA rifles...and they shoot sub-Minute of Phone Booth...never hurts to match your equipment to your skill level or at least have the humility to work up towards it gradually, like a professional.

Off my soapbox for now, I saw a YouTube post car show crash compilation the other week and I'd be furious if I was @GNBRETT and have someone so close to wrecking my car when you're minding your own business and NOT being a fuckwit...

Tape

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Hell
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Redeye
This genius came really close to smashing into my Trackhawk. It was cold out. 48 degrees. Not a good time to be roasting ur tires and showing off.
GNBRETT, Did you see that idiot coming?
Is that why you eased over into the right lane?

Yes I realize there is a median (divider) between you, just curious.

Tape

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Hell
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Redeye
This is why I stopped going to car shows and meets. People can’t stop acting a fool. Beautiful cars, powerful cars, and just all around great people. But the whole thing is ruined for me by some asshats who can’t control themselves.
Ditto

I go to car shows and if I drive my Redeye I usually park a couple blocks away from everyone.

Blown7

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Woodstock
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Trackhawk
Assholes will be Assholes.

OP
GNBRETT

GNBRETT

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kingsport
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
(2) Trackhawks, RS3 Swapped Golf R, Turbo Mustang.
Thread Starter #27
I actually did! Its hard to see in the video cause its in sorta slow-mo but I watched him pull out from the parking lot and he got sideways immediately and I immediately started drifting into the next lane cause I knew it was 48 degrees out and COLD smh.

Its only shit luck he ran into the tree vs. me cause he was coming my way for sure. There was no reason for me to get out of that lane other than to avoid him lol I certainly wasnt in any hurry or anything I just got the F out of that lane!

GNBRETT, Did you see that idiot coming?
Is that why you eased over into the right lane?

Yes I realize there is a median (divider) between you, just curious.