Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Need your input on Mickey Thompson et ss tires

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I like it, your hardcore Jim, you gotta do what you gotta do to race ! ;):LOL:
Hardcore not sure. Motivated definatly. LOL
Part of it is knowing that at the time it may be my last chance for about 5 months or more before getting another chance.
Quick times are almost guaranteed as long as you can get traction. Which can be interesting in 30-40f temps.

Hopefully this crap pisses off soon so we can get back to the track.

redeyecrazy

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
KNOXVILLE
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 hellcat redeye widebody
Hardcore not sure. Motivated definatly. LOL
Part of it is knowing that at the time it may be my last chance for about 5 months or more before getting another chance.
Quick times are almost guaranteed as long as you can get traction. Which can be interesting in 30-40f temps.

Hopefully this crap pisses off soon so we can get back to the track.
Nearly wrecked on bridge in unexpected downpour (forecast said no rain) with MT ET STREET R - 40 mph and no acceleration - just hydroplaned and started fishtailing - luckily turned wheel proper direction and eventually straightened out.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Punta Gorda
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Scat Pack Shaker
This issue is the big one ?! Daily driving means that yes you will get caught in the rain sooner or later. Having experinced driving on drag radials that experience will make a wary believer out of you as it did me. So the question is, street tires that deliver great/good traction yet behave in rain storms ? Here is South FL bright sunny days can turn into rain storms in a drop of a hat. So I'm all ears.

redeyecrazy

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
KNOXVILLE
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 hellcat redeye widebody
This issue is the big one ?! Daily driving means that yes you will get caught in the rain sooner or later. Having experinced driving on drag radials that experience will make a wary believer out of you as it did me. So the question is, street tires that deliver great/good traction yet behave in rain storms ? Here is South FL bright sunny days can turn into rain storms in a drop of a hat. So I'm all ears.
I just went with Michelin pilot sport 4 summer tires - not as good for best 0-60 time on the street but don’t swim in the rain.

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
I’m curious to know how these wheels do in wet weather and I prefer someone who actually has them on the car and has driven in wet weather to let me know how they did
thank you
You really already know the answer. As far as the question, what works marginally for someone in their weather conditions and driving habits may not apply to your case. You have a pretty big risk with any DR on the street and none are designed to be safe in the wet...especially on your hot rod.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Read the not so fine print,,, will not hold up in the rain. 2 people I know with 2 brand ne vettes. Slick tires all the way around and to look at em you can understand. No tread. Not meant for street riding much less than drag racing when the road is damp and or cold. Both friends immidantely Bought another set of beach of sneakers or flops. Too much $$$ to loose the grip on , so, called, factory street tires. They are tires to get cha to the track, if no rain. Good luck.

droptopp

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Rochester
State
NY
Country
United States
They work fine in the North East on primarily asphalt and channel rain fine.

Probably would be issues with that torrential stuff FL gets but I run them in summer and never change them - other than putting a new set on.

If it rains, just be responsible 65mph no issues.