Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

New drag car from dodge

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Then why buy the S/S over the Redeye? Is the Redeye being discontinued? Been nearly a year of PD, if find it hard to believe anyone will pay 80+ for the S/S if they can get the RE for 8 grand less. I wouldn't
My guess the power dollars wont apply to the SS..I can see some dealers looking for ADM's..but if not well received..PD's can always be reinstated...just a guess on my part..all we can do now is wait and see

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
I have to admit I like the sound of "SUPER STOCK" a lot better than "REDEYE". Never really bought into that label.
I actually took my hellcat "redeye" emblems off the fenders at 6 mo. of ownership. If RE stood for "Road Edition" it would make more sense to me and be more palatable. Also IMHO it would make more sense. Being the Demon was obviously the "Drag" edition of the Hellcat, the Redeye is basically a Demon with a more road worthy suspension. They could've made tasteful "Road edition" emblems instead of the cartoonish RE cat.

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Charger SRT HellcatJailbreak , 2019 RedEye WB
I actually like the name Redeye. You can say Redeye and people that know hellcats immediately know it. If you say Super stock you’ll constantly have to say SuperStock ..... is it a hellcat? What’s on the block huh? Is it a Redeye? What’s the insignia for a “SuperStock”? Technically it’s not a hellcat but it’s not full demon.. so you drive a Dodge Supersock? What’s that?? Well it’s like a demon but not and it’s like a hellcat but it’s the one above but it’s the one below the demon because it’s no race gas trans brake.. sounds like a lot of explaining every time someone asks what’s that? or is that a demon? Is that a Redeye? Is that a hellcat? 😂.. looks like it’s got a regular hellcat badge on the side.. so people will probably think it’s a standard 717hp challenger. It’s got the same look and hood.. on the outside.. only difference in terms of looks is the wheels and tires.. which serve a purpose on the strip.. I don’t think they look particularly good.. compared to the nice 20 inch devil rims we got on the Widebodys.

Last edited:

oilburner

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
coboconk
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
I actually like the name Redeye. You can say Redeye and people that know hellcats immediately know it. If you say Super stock you’ll constantly have to say SuperStock ..... is it a hellcat? What’s on the block huh? Is it a Redeye? What’s the insignia for a “SuperStock”? Technically it’s not a hellcat but it’s not full demon.. so you drive a Dodge Supersock? What’s that?? Well it’s like a demon but not and it’s like a hellcat but it’s the one above but it’s the one below the demon because it’s no race gas trans brake.. sounds like a lot of explaining every time someone asks what’s that? or is that a demon? Is that a Redeye? Is that a hellcat? 😂.. looks like it’s got a regular hellcat badge on the side.. so people will probably think it’s a standard 717hp challenger. It’s got the same look and hood.. on the outside.. only difference in terms of looks is the wheels and tires.. which serve a purpose on the strip.. I don’t think they look particularly good.. compared to the nice 20 inch devil rims we got on the Widebodys.
ones who know, know.... ones who don`t ,don`t really care.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
My guess the power dollars wont apply to the SS..I can see some dealers looking for ADM's..but if not well received..PD's can always be reinstated...just a guess on my part..all we can do now is wait and see
I doubt they will get them up front. However, its going to be a hard sell over the RE.
Also, this car is coming this fall, my track is done around November and doesn't open until April. I think PD was finally applied to 2020's in March or April of this year.

My local dealer hasn't heard anything yet on the S/S in terms of allocation or pricing so im just waiting.
I will probably order one after the holidays so that i have it in time for spring.

Also waiting to see what the TRX brings to the table. I may just go that route

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
I grew up in a drag racing household. Super Stock will grab my attention faster than Hellcat, Demon, ZL1 etc. I love those cars from the 60s!

I have also found that many others who are big into drag racing immediately know the name Super Stock/Ram Charger and identify with it.

To regular people, no they won't get it. And thats fine, its not for them anyway. Super Stock is a bad ass name and i really wish they took the Hellcat badges off the S/S as the way to identify it. But this is America and for some reason cars can't have enough badges on them:rolleyes:

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
I grew up in a drag racing household. Super Stock will grab my attention faster than Hellcat, Demon, ZL1 etc. I love those cars from the 60s!

I have also found that many others who are big into drag racing immediately know the name Super Stock/Ram Charger and identify with it.

To regular people, no they won't get it. And thats fine, its not for them anyway. Super Stock is a bad ass name and i really wish they took the Hellcat badges off the S/S as the way to identify it. But this is America and for some reason cars can't have enough badges on them:rolleyes:
What’d be cool is if they had a nice Capitol S/S side badge Logo. I agree I’m not into the hellcat badge for this particular model. I like the model and idea of SuperStock. I’m just bashing the name a bit in that people won’t immediately identify with it being in the SRT/ Hellcat family and if they do they’ll just think it’s a regular hellcat from the side badge. And I still wonder what color will the engine valves be? And what will be on the engine? A standard hellcat? A Redeye?

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
What’d be cool is if they had a nice Capitol S/S side badge Logo. I agree I’m not into the hellcat badge for this particular model. I like the model and idea of SuperStock. I’m just bashing the name a bit in that people won’t immediately identify with it being in the SRT/ Hellcat family and if they do they’ll just think it’s a regular hellcat from the side badge. And I still wonder what color will the engine valves be? And what will be on the engine? A standard hellcat? A Redeye?
Fender badges are Redeye so im guessing basically this is a Redeye.

2fast4u

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Edwardsburg
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Hellcat Widebody-DUMBO
That's the way I understand it, a Redeye with Demon brakes rims, suspension...probably a few other small details, but basically similar to mods of Redeye currently using...rims, tires, 3.09, 4 piston brakes, softer suspension. No doubt there will be a calibration change as well to utilize this, Drag mode instead of track, etc.

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Fender badges are Redeye so im guessing basically this is a Redeye.
So correct me if I’m wrong.. but what we have here is a.... Dodge Challenger SRT Super Stock Redeye Hellcat Widebody. That’s quite a sentence 😄

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
So correct me if I’m wrong.. but what we have here is a.... Dodge Challenger SRT Super Stock Redeye Hellcat Widebody. That’s quite a sentence 😄
Cant wait to see the final badge - DCSRTSSREWB
Competing with Chevy's SS1LEABCDEFG at this point.

2fast4u

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Edwardsburg
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Hellcat Widebody-DUMBO
Just rolls right off the tongue, doesn't it?? lol
Saturfrackindickdasterdley kinda roll...LOL

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Cant wait to see the final badge - DCSRTSSREWB
Competing with Chevy's SS1LEABCDEFG at this point.
VS Mercedes AmgGt43proRprooMasterproGt3RPro vs Porsche 23.23.1/3dashGT2RSTurboRWeisach 😂

WhipCat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
In the Jungle
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Can we just please get a new platform to work with? The S/S thing isn’t going any faster.

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
honestly I don’t even understand some of these German names.. why the hell does the top dog Mercedes-AMG and Porsche have GT derivatives in their name.. you can’t grand tour a GTRpro or a Gt2rs/Gt3Rs.. it would make sense if say the 911 was called a 911GT.. shouldn’t they be like RP derivatives like Race Package.. hell you come drive one of these cars over by my neck of the woods. By the time you do a 10 mile trip and back to my house I guarantee the front end of your car is Mashed or falling off.. good luck pulling in my towns car wash.. steep grade.. neighborhood to my house.. steep grade.. my driveway.. steep grade.. only to back out and do it all over again. Oh yeah you want to go down my street and make a right at the stop sign.. steep grade.. haha

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Can we just please get a new platform to work with? The S/S thing isn’t going any faster.

High 6's at 200+ isn't fast enough?

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
Should launch harder stock though.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
honestly I don’t even understand some of these German names.. why the hell does the top dog Mercedes-AMG and Porsche have GT derivatives in their name.. you can’t grand tour a GTRpro or a Gt2rs/Gt3Rs.. it would make sense if say the 911 was called a 911GT.. shouldn’t they be like RP derivatives like Race Package.. hell you come drive one of these cars over by my neck of the woods. By the time you do a 10 mile trip and back to my house I guarantee the front end of your car is Mashed or falling off.. good luck pulling in my towns car wash.. steep grade.. neighborhood to my house.. steep grade.. my driveway.. steep grade.. only to back out and do it all over again. Oh yeah you want to go down my street and make a right at the stop sign.. steep grade.. haha
Some people just have "f*** you" money and don't care. I know a guy who buys every new "special" 911 for his personal collection but lives about 2 miles on a gravel road in the middle of nowhere.

WhipCat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
In the Jungle
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle