Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

New guy. Looking for previous owners

OP
H

Hihoslvr

U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Graham
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #21
Going to check it out today. I’ll let you know
After looking it over and taking it for a drive I decided to bring her home. After 400 miles of driving today I can say that it ran amazing. Steering is very tight. Only really got into it 2 times on the way home but it felt strong and solid but I do have 5 small issues with it. 1. I’m not 100% sure but I think it’s been lowered and there is a squeak coming from what I can only imagine are bushings on the rear suspension. Noticed it as soon as I pulled into the road. Dealer swore they didn’t hear it on their 200 mile drive to meet me but that’s bs and they said they would pay for the fix. 2. There is very slight delaminating on the nav screen. It’s not terrible or really noticeable unless you’re looking for it. 3. The gps is showing the car is in Canada for some reason so the navigation is jacked up. 4. The slightly worn nitros the dealer said we’re on the back are almost bald and will have to be replaced but they did offer to split that cost with me. I’m still going to take it to a reputable tuner and have them check out the tune and possibly put it in a dyno to see exactly what I’m working with. I appreciate all the input!

AeroF16

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
The delimitation is a common issue on the 2018s (maybe the 2017s too, when they changed the radio?) Lots of good info on this site about it.

The GPS getting confused on where it is is also a common issue, search the forums and find the fix for that (might just be disconnecting the battery and letting it all reset?)

I think splitting the cost of new tires is a good deal.

Congrats on the car!

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
After looking it over and taking it for a drive I decided to bring her home. After 400 miles of driving today I can say that it ran amazing. Steering is very tight. Only really got into it 2 times on the way home but it felt strong and solid but I do have 5 small issues with it. 1. I’m not 100% sure but I think it’s been lowered and there is a squeak coming from what I can only imagine are bushings on the rear suspension. Noticed it as soon as I pulled into the road. Dealer swore they didn’t hear it on their 200 mile drive to meet me but that’s bs and they said they would pay for the fix. 2. There is very slight delaminating on the nav screen. It’s not terrible or really noticeable unless you’re looking for it. 3. The gps is showing the car is in Canada for some reason so the navigation is jacked up. 4. The slightly worn nitros the dealer said we’re on the back are almost bald and will have to be replaced but they did offer to split that cost with me. I’m still going to take it to a reputable tuner and have them check out the tune and possibly put it in a dyno to see exactly what I’m working with. I appreciate all the input!

Congrats, stick around, I think you'll like it here...

; )

And our "in-house" tuner comes with lots of good recommendations...

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Post a pic of the sway bar links and toe arms. It is prolly one or both of those. There are some brands that are better than other.
what fuel are they saying it runs on ? Did it come with any sort of tuning device?

Last edited:
OP
H

Hihoslvr

U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Graham
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #25
Post a pic of the sway bar links and toe arms. It is prolly one or both of those. There are some brands that are better than other.
what fuel are they saying it runs on ? Did it come with any sort of tuning device?
They are saying it’s tuned to run on 91+. I filled up with 91 and drove home with no issues. It didn’t come with a tuner so I honestly do not know what it was tuned with. I know it has the 4.5L whipple and the fuel system is fore innovations but I don’t know what system it is. There is an a/f ratio gauge plugged in in the glove box. I’m in the process of searching for a shop in Dfw that could possibly help me out. It sits pretty low so it was hard to get under it and take a good look and I was running out of daylight but im going to jack it up today so I can get in there and take a closer look at the rear suspension.

Jon-MooredPerformanceLLC

Vendor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Martin
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
They are saying it’s tuned to run on 91+. I filled up with 91 and drove home with no issues. It didn’t come with a tuner so I honestly do not know what it was tuned with. I know it has the 4.5L whipple and the fuel system is fore innovations but I don’t know what system it is. There is an a/f ratio gauge plugged in in the glove box. I’m in the process of searching for a shop in Dfw that could possibly help me out. It sits pretty low so it was hard to get under it and take a good look and I was running out of daylight but im going to jack it up today so I can get in there and take a closer look at the rear suspension.
I'll switch over to my vendor account.
If you need help with anything feel free to reach out. Unfortunately, we wont have a stock file to work off of but you could always get the computer flashed back to stock or we could work off the file in the car. If you decide you want a retune.
But you could always buy an hp tuners and I'd be more than happy to look at logs if you want to post them up. I am still waiting for a shipment of rtd devices. But I actually know someone local to me who has an rtd device he bought for his car a few months ago and his car wasn't compatible so I could link him up with you. It is free to datalog with the hp tuners device and doesn't require credits. It would only require credits if you decided to make revisions.
That is one sweet ride you'll have fun with it.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
@Hihoslvr @Jon-MooredPerformanceLLC has worked on several of our vehicles remotely and he definitely knows his stuff real well. I was waiting for him to offer “officially” before specifically giving him a shout-out for you.

You need to look no further, he is 110% responsive to new customers like you. Congrats on the purchase and will be looking forward to hearing you have solved all the mysteries of the new vehicle.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Nav issue requires replacement, just fyi

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Did you test w 5.minute.standing recline burnout? Listen carefully for knock in end cylinders. Only way to tell for sure....

OP
H

Hihoslvr

U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Graham
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #30
I'll switch over to my vendor account.
If you need help with anything feel free to reach out. Unfortunately, we wont have a stock file to work off of but you could always get the computer flashed back to stock or we could work off the file in the car. If you decide you want a retune.
But you could always buy an hp tuners and I'd be more than happy to look at logs if you want to post them up. I am still waiting for a shipment of rtd devices. But I actually know someone local to me who has an rtd device he bought for his car a few months ago and his car wasn't compatible so I could link him up with you. It is free to datalog with the hp tuners device and doesn't require credits. It would only require credits if you decided to make revisions.
That is one sweet ride you'll have fun with it.
Probably another newb question but if I flash it to stock is it going to be able to run with the fuel system and bigger sc? I’ve built several diesels but this is my first gasser that wasnt stock so I’m in the dark about a lot.

Jon-MooredPerformanceLLC

Vendor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Martin
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
Probably another newb question but if I flash it to stock is it going to be able to run with the fuel system and bigger sc? I’ve built several diesels but this is my first gasser that wasnt stock so I’m in the dark about a lot.
No if it was flashed to stock the car would not run.
Easiest way for you will be to just read the current file that is on the car now. I just have to comb through the file and see what all has been changed so I don't miss anything.
We can just use the current file. But if you are happy with the car we need to get a datalog to make sure everything is happy and you may not need any changes.

OP
H

Hihoslvr

U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Graham
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #32
No if it was flashed to stock the car would not run.
Easiest way for you will be to just read the current file that is on the car now. I just have to comb through the file and see what all has been changed so I don't miss anything.
We can just use the current file. But if you are happy with the car we need to get a datalog to make sure everything is happy and you may not need any changes.
The hardest parts are 1. Not ever riding in a stock hellcat so I don’t have anything to compare it to. And 2. Not knowing the extent of what’s been done to the car. I don’t know what they used to tune it with. I don’t know if it has stock internals, transmission etc. It smells like it’s running a little rich while it’s idle but the A/F gauge is showing 9-10.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
The tune may not be exactly EPA compliant, so it may be running “correct” but, smells like a motorcycle with eight big pistons firing.:sneaky:

Jon-MooredPerformanceLLC

Vendor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Martin
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
The hardest parts are 1. Not ever riding in a stock hellcat so I don’t have anything to compare it to. And 2. Not knowing the extent of what’s been done to the car. I don’t know what they used to tune it with. I don’t know if it has stock internals, transmission etc. It smells like it’s running a little rich while it’s idle but the A/F gauge is showing 9-10.
If at gauge is showing 9 to 10 afr the car is tuned for e85. It means the stoich point is changed in the tune to reflect e85.
or it means you are in car over temp but even if it is in the 9s that would be rich for cat over temp

Jon-MooredPerformanceLLC

Vendor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Martin
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
I suggest you and I go through some sort of tune/datalog process

OP
H

Hihoslvr

U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Graham
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #36

Jon-MooredPerformanceLLC

Vendor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Martin
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
What is the tuner of choice for the hellcat. HP?
Yes for this one I’d prefer hp. Feel free to call.
+1 (269) 447-1062

OP
H

Hihoslvr

U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Graham
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #38
Yes for this one I’d prefer hp. Feel free to call.
+1 (269) 447-1062
Great. As soon as I get a free moment I’ll give you a call. I sure appreciate all the help.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
The delimitation is a common issue on the 2018s (maybe the 2017s too, when they changed the radio?) Lots of good info on this site about it.

The GPS getting confused on where it is is also a common issue, search the forums and find the fix for that (might just be disconnecting the battery and letting it all reset?)

I think splitting the cost of new tires is a good deal.

Congrats on the car!
We had to get the radio replaced on our 18 Challenger because of the gps being off. If you don't use it no big deal

AeroF16

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle