Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

New Hellcat owner from Ohio

Old Mopar Guy

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
15 Hellcat Challenger
Welcome and congrats, beautiful choice, you’ve got great taste!

2017 Redline HC

HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Komoka
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2017 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Welcome from across the pond!

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
Congratulations and welcome from the East Valley in Az. It’s good to be King. Now go get you some.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Congrats from another Floridian,, I think, I am sure, think.

OP
Knute
Member ID
Reactions
City
Southern
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #25
Car looks amazing, welcome!
Welcome to Hellcat Nation ! Beautiful HC !
Welcome to the forum! Beautiful HC, nice photos! Sounds like you have a great background to add to all the knowledge here. Have fun!
Welcome from Ocean Springs MS. Great looking HC!
Cool cat!! Welcome and enjoy the forum!
Congrats and welcome to the forum from a fellow Canuk. Enjoy your new ride!
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your great looking Hellcat Challenger. Enjoy your new ride and be safe.
Congrats and welcome!
Thank you everyone for the welcomes and compliments!!

OP
Knute
Member ID
Reactions
City
Southern
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #26
Congratulations from Chicago! M6
Thank you! M6 all the way!!
Welcome from Columbus Ohio! I also have a 2019 B5 Blue Hellcat, except mine is a Charger
Thank you! Columbus is our nearest big city, so we spend a lot of time there. Love the B5 Charger!
Welcome and congratulations. Lots of great people and experience here. Enjoy with cautious enthusiasm. Great intro. Beautiful Challenger!
Thank you Hunter...glad to see you back in the saddle!
"Born with a steering wheel in his hands..."
That is a beautiful ride!!! Welcome and congrats. You knocked it out of the park with that B5 stunner, great pics.
Thank you so much!

OP
Knute
Member ID
Reactions
City
Southern
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #27
Awesome pics and nicely done! Welcome
Thanks so much Bull. Thank you for all of the work you do here and thank you to all of the vets here for your service!
Sweet ride! I love the B5 Blue. You have a amazing looking cat! Congrats. Welcome to this forum. Lol the other one sucks! So tell us what’s your first mod?
Thank you! I've got some black badges to replace the silver ones on the fenders. Then I want to improve the driveability a little...Barton, CDV, 3.90 rear...and probably something to help out with wheel hop but I haven't decided which option yet!

OP
Knute
Member ID
Reactions
City
Southern
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #28
Welcome aboard and great introduction and damn I was born in 1963 Berea and only was their 3 months before my father was transferred to his new job. I had a 1997 Jack Piner KTM 200EXC which was an awesome hare scrambler from the good old Penton Days.
Thank you! Did you have the blue 1997 LE Penton tribute bike? I've still got mine...the first pic is setting up a display we did at the local HS. The second pic is my buddies John and Jack Penton stopping by for a visit! IMG_9927.JPG IMG_4339.JPG

OP
Knute
Member ID
Reactions
City
Southern
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #29

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Thank you! Did you have the blue 1997 LE Penton tribute bike? I've still got mine...the first pic is setting up a display we did at the local HS. The second pic is my buddies John and Jack Penton stopping by for a visit! View attachment 17860 View attachment 17861
Wow that’s truly awesome and over the top and yes I had the exact same bike in the picture.

OP
Knute
Member ID
Reactions
City
Southern
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #31
Welcome to this great forum from SW Florida! Beautiful Hellcat you got there!! Now, let's see that '68 Impala!:)
Thank you! The Impala is a longgg story...basically, I put it in storage when I left for grad school, then the job in CA, then starting a family...and 35 years flew by and it's still in storage...deep storage! :oops:. It's a black/black fastback, 4-spd with original paint and some cool options. At one point, the original owner located me and told me the background info...he worked at a Chevy dealership in Columbus and special ordered it to be his street/strip family car. Currently, it's got some lacquer checking, a little rust, and some mild moisture issues, so the issue is restore it or keep it as a survivor. I'll try to dig out some pics from pre-storage but it might take awhile. Thanks for asking!

OP
Knute
Member ID
Reactions
City
Southern
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #32
Wow that’s truly awesome and over the top and yes I had the exact same bike in the picture.
Very cool...you've got great taste in machinery!

Last edited:

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat

Jalenator

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Max Steel Hellcat RedEye
Welcome and great to have you on board. Awesome pics, my ‘16 is B5...beautiful and bloody fast. Enjoy the community, a lot of great folks here.

CatDaddyB5

Member ID
Reactions
City
Columbus
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
Thank you! M6 all the way!!

Thank you! Columbus is our nearest big city, so we spend a lot of time there. Love the B5 Charger!

Thank you Hunter...glad to see you back in the saddle!

Thank you so much!
Hope to see you out and about sometime!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Designflaw

HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sadieville
State
KY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 WB M6 Cat
Welcome in from just South in Lexington Ky.

OP
Knute
Member ID
Reactions
City
Southern
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #37

CatDaddyB5

Member ID
Reactions
City
Columbus
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
Yes! Some B5 group pics would be cool...

Thank you!

Thank you! We love Lexington...awesome community!
Yes! Agreed sir

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SunnyS

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Siesta Key
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat
Greetings! I've been a lurker on both forums but it's time I introduce myself. I've been elbows deep into cars/motorcycles/boats since I was born...in fact, legend has it when I came home from the maternity ward in '63 I was riding on my mom's lap in our '57 fuelie Corvette. Dad always had a wild project or two on the burner and I've happily continued that tradition. I've had lots of muscle cars over the years, and I still have a 1968 COPO 427/425 L72 Impala hanging around. After graduate school, I got my dream job as a project engineer for Edelbrock during the late 80's and early 90's. Since then, I struck out on my own, starting a family, lots of projects, etc. I also collect vintage dirt bikes, predominantly Pentons and Husqvarnas, and I've got a group of buddies (Team Pentovarna) that I enjoy building and racing the bikes with. We've won multiple AHRMA championships over the years and the AMA Off-Road Vintage Grand National Championship all 4 times we competed for it.

As far as the Hellcat goes, when they started teasing us with Challenger concepts in the mid-2000's, I was really interested in seeing the real thing. And when the SRT8 debuted in 2008 I went straight to the local dealer and expressed my interest, only to get a condescending reply about why they weren't interested in helping me...and I had bought from them before. Fast forward to 2015 when the Hellcat debuted, I still had a Challenger on my mind, but had recently made a few purchases and wasn't ready to make another. Finally, in 2019, the timing and all of the options and components that I wanted came together...B5, M6, Black top/hood/decklid, forged black wheels, red calipers, etc. I contacted a different semi-local dealer and they were very easy to work with...so I ordered it! It came in last May and my wife, college-aged daughter, and I all love it...and yes, they both drive it, M6 and all. I posted some pics in the "Garage" section and I'll try to do a review on it pretty soon for other prospective buyers. Finally, I'd like to thank everyone very, very much for sharing all of your info and making this such a pleasant place to hang out. And if anyone would like to BS or pick my brain about cars or motorcycles, please feel free to contact me anytime!

Link to my Garage photos:
https://www.hellcatforum.org/showcase/2019-challenger-hellcat.8/
I also have a 69 427/425 in my garage next to my Redeye

Attachments

2fast4u

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Edwardsburg
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Hellcat Widebody-DUMBO
Welcome from Southern Central Mich. Enjoy the new fun and stay safe and healthy!