Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

New Stock Power Demon Record.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Ha! I remember a million years ago (early 90s) when the fastest street car in town was a mid 10-sec 69 Camaro. Tubs, ladder bars on a 9", 468 with fat overlap cam and a TH400, huge stall, and a plate kit. Here's a car that will run away and hide from that Camaro with A/C, much quieter, no spitting and sputtering at part throttle and all that jazz.

This new golden age of performance is glorious.
your town had some slow cars then

Early/mid 90s my brother was running with the local "street car" guys and they had big blocks knocking mid to low 9s. One had a Vega in the 8s but it was pretty much a race car with license plates and ass loads of spray

HRJ

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Porsche GT3
your town had some slow cars then
You fellas never came by and tried us out. Don't know what to tell ya.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
In terms of building a car to run the 1/4 mile and drive on the street, 9.50's isn't that fast anymore.
You have guys with junk yard V8s and Chinese turbos running that in gutted mustangs and camaros.

Now, is 9.50s fast for a car that you drive on the street? Oh hell yes.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
You fellas never came by and tried us out. Don't know what to tell ya.
I wasn't old enough to drive then. But Chicago area has always had fast cars. Scavo and Chuck Samuels etc

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
Now, is 9.50s fast for a car that is massed produced and sold in the showroom that you drive on the street? Oh hell yes.
Fixed

BeeHappy

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Guyton
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon
9.57 Tim Godbee
9.55 Ron Silva
9.51 Catherine Kaseba(sp?)
9.50 Tali

All in the last few weeks. All with surprisingly stock Demons.
Also, Tali will freely admit that he's not shooting for the Dodge e.t. He is simply trying to go as fast as he can using the stock tune.

It was truly refreshing to watch these men and women running their cars without their heads stuck in a laptop between rounds.
5 cars in the 9.50s
9.58.. Tim ( 457 )
9.57 Tim ( 3299 )
9.55 Ron
9.51 Catherine
9.50 Tali

BeeHappy

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Guyton
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon
Says stock tune - how stock is the rest, aside from wheels/tires? How are all of these people coming out of the woodwork now, lol.
Looking forward to the cheater lower pulley on these cars, not for record's sake, but because I think mid9s will become commonplace in all weather.
Collectively we have worked on many aspects of the car for 2 years. When you have several hundred Demons in a group and more specifically 10-15 of those working dilligently week in and week out to refine the platform...why would you think we would stagnate at one level for long?

I take what Catherine, Ron, Tali, Dave, Adam, Jason, Michael, and others find out last weekend and apply it to my cars this weekend.... we all do this
We had the fuel for sometime, refinement of the fuel to specific DA combined with a drivers technique and great air gave me the 9.57 and 9.58 in 3299 back in December.
As I said then, wait...we will have many more 9.5s when I share my information with the Legion members.
now 5 cars are there, a few more knocking on the door.
we will see mid 9.4s in excellent air with these cars....

465 and 3299 were at weight... I lightened 457 below 4200 and unfortunately had only 6 passes in the car and pulled a 9.58... was sorta busy with the event. 3299 was on nittos the entire event and did get a 9.72 best with nittos in that air..which was about 30% worse than the December 20 record breaker day where it got 9.68 on nittos.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Hell, I remember back when 13.5 was a great time for a street car. lol, now it's a Camry.

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Congrats on the 9.50's to all , that's still fast for heavy street cars that has aerodynamics like a brick. :LOL:

OP
Classic Lover
Member ID
Reactions
City
Dongola
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2006 F250 Super Duty, 1996 F150
Thread Starter #50
Collectively we have worked on many aspects of the car for 2 years. When you have several hundred Demons in a group and more specifically 10-15 of those working dilligently week in and week out to refine the platform...why would you think we would stagnate at one level for long?

I take what Catherine, Ron, Tali, Dave, Adam, Jason, Michael, and others find out last weekend and apply it to my cars this weekend.... we all do this
We had the fuel for sometime, refinement of the fuel to specific DA combined with a drivers technique and great air gave me the 9.57 and 9.58 in 3299 back in December.
As I said then, wait...we will have many more 9.5s when I share my information with the Legion members.

465 and 3299 were at weight... I lightened 457 below 4200 and unfortunately had only 6 passes in the car and pulled a 9.58... was sorta busy with the event. 3299 was on nittos the entire event and did get a 9.72 best with nittos in that air..which was about 30% worse than the December 20 record breaker day where it got 9.68 on nittos.
Thanks for the info great to know the details. Just one question did you have the stock demon crate skinnies up front on 3299? Might seem like nit picking I know but I would really like to have the info. Thanks again great work.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
dance_off.gif

BeeHappy

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Guyton
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon
Thanks for the info great to know the details. Just one question did you have the stock demon crate skinnies up front on 3299? Might seem like nit picking I know but I would really like to have the info. Thanks again great work.
I was on drag pack when it ran 9.57
this weekend I ran both the factory fronts and weld rts fronts...about 20lbs lighter overall with welds

funny how all the moral judges are saying you must not alter the car.... well.... if you bought a single seat demon and you are 125lbs and have 15k per track you want to glue for a nitto.... have at it
none of us have the FCA million dollar budget to make nittos work... plus most of us are 200lbs or bigger so

nhra sets a weight limit on each class....so have we 4280
at 4280lbs 3299,457,190,550 and 465 have beat the 9.65 time
NOW we are going for the 9.4s..... not leas number we all have moved on past that. now we want 9.4s and more if possible
stock tune/drivetrain....

OP
Classic Lover
Member ID
Reactions
City
Dongola
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2006 F250 Super Duty, 1996 F150
Thread Starter #53
this weekend I ran both the factory fronts and weld rts fronts...about 20lbs lighter overall with welds

funny how all the moral judges are saying you must not alter the car.... well.... if you bought a single seat demon and you are 125lbs and have 15k per track you want to glue for a nitto.... have at it
none of us have the FCA million dollar budget to make nittos work... plus most of us are 200lbs or bigger so

NOW we are going for the 9.4s..... not leas number we all have moved on past that. now we want 9.4s and more if possible
Hey I get it. Just to be clear did you run the 9.72 on the factory fronts or the welds? I just like to be able to give people the fastest all stock time and stock power time, I know the fastest stock power time is 9.50, just not sure about the bone stock time.

Thanks again and you guys really are the best.

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody

So its 4280lbs, eh? Meaning that as long as the car weighs 4280lbs it meets the "stock" criteria? So, what you are saying is that the car qualifies as stock even in you put the PS front seat, rear seat, door panels and glove box in the trunk? Or you can gut the front 3/4 of the car and put some bags of concrete in the trunk to make weight? I dunno... seems very arbitrary to me.

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet

So its 4280lbs, eh? Meaning that as long as the car weighs 4280lbs it meets the "stock" criteria? So, what you are saying is that the car qualifies as stock even in you put the PS front seat, rear seat, door panels and glove box in the trunk? Or you can gut the front 3/4 of the car and put some bags of concrete in the trunk to make weight? I dunno... seems very arbitrary to me.
Trust me, some of the weight is being removed from the trunk too. The guys that are completely gutting their interior are NOT adding balast anywhere and they are going for the stock power record and may even just be calling it the stock record in some cases. Unfortunately the one that has the fastest time right now had an aftermarket intake and no one seems to care. AFE carbon fiber.

So you don't think it would be fair for someone to remove weight to equal Leah Pritchett driving the car? Now you are proposing something that is physically impossible. I think it would be fair for someone to lighten to make weight. At the very least they should be able to remove seats and the subwoofer assy etc. to equal a one seat car.

Just so you know, the gutted cars with the physicaly lighter drivers were 100 to 150 pounds lighter than me. I refuse to canibalize my car like that. I have done a few things but my interior is fully in tact and my rear spoiler is on the car and so on.....

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I'm surprised to see comments about 9.50s not being fast. That's fast to me. Maybe I just live in a slow part of the country, or spend too much time at my local track, but 9 anything is gonna be in the top 5 at my local track at least for a car that can drive there and drive home much less 9.50. I wouldn't worry about @motorhead 's comments. He bought an M6 and is destined to be in the 11s as PBs :p

The fact that the MPH was 141 tells me it had a very good launch. I'd love to see the time slip as that's the same MPH my car has run. Tells me 9.50s are possible on my setup if I can launch right.

Got any tips to share here? I'm always curious about how other launch their cars, settings they use etc. So far I've had the best results rolling in to the throttle rather than stabbing it.

WhipCat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
In the Jungle
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Really awesome. Congrats to the demon crowd. That is an incredible achievement. Truly. (Assuming it’s just a tire swap)

hopefully they get lower and lower. Let’s see what it can do.

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
Trust me, some of the weight is being removed from the trunk too. The guys that are completely gutting their interior are NOT adding balast anywhere and they are going for the stock power record and may even just be calling it the stock record in some cases. Unfortunately the one that has the fastest time right now had an aftermarket intake and no one seems to care. AFE carbon fiber.

So you don't think it would be fair for someone to remove weight to equal Leah Pritchett driving the car? Now you are proposing something that is physically impossible. I think it would be fair for someone to lighten to make weight. At the very least they should be able to remove seats and the subwoofer assy etc. to equal a one seat car.

Just so you know, the gutted cars with the physicaly lighter drivers were 100 to 150 pounds lighter than me. I refuse to canibalize my car like that. I have done a few things but my interior is fully in tact and my rear spoiler is on the car and so on.....
I am not setting or suggesting any restrictions here, I am simply asking what the formal rules are. I mean we do exist in a rules-based society and without rules we'd tumble in chaos, right? So this is about fairness and disclosure in what makes stock "stock". What is the definition?

Moving weight around or using a pro driver or going on a diet (person or car) or choosing a different intake or a spoiler delete or choosing a different tire or wheel set are very subjective concepts - but how much of that becomes a deviation from the spirit of stock and what is agreeable remains an outstanding issue. Factory stock, Pure stock, Stock appearing, Stock power, etc are all open to interpretation unless there are written and governed rules for each or any class.

Case in point - Turbo Buicks race in 6 very specific classes with defined restrictions and rules:
https://www.turbobuick.com/threads/2019-turbo-street-outlaw-rules.406048/
https://turbobuick.com/threads/2019-tsm-rules.462516/
and here are the other classes: https://turbobuick.com/#racing-rules-and-discussions.89

Nothing is left open to interpretation, and if you get called out for an infraction you submit to an inspection.

So what is the desire (if any) to have a clear, even, fair, full disclosure, and level playing field as it relates to the go-no-go rules for the Demon stock record? Without establishing this early on the possibility to refute or fact check/scrutinize an established record contrary to the rules becomes exponentially more difficult.

@Speedy! you need to review this before making flippant remarks:

1580417942145.png

Refute the central point of the argument.

Totally off topic: Go on Drag Week and tell me if you think 9.50s is fast for any car... much less a $100K one. For what it is the Demon is awesome, but it isn't that impressive in the grand scheme of race cars (race cars having gutted interiors etc).

HRJ

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Porsche GT3
Refute the central point of the argument.

Totally off topic: Go on Drag Week and tell me if you think 9.50s is fast for any car... much less a $100K one. For what it is the Demon is awesome, but it isn't that impressive in the grand scheme of race cars (race cars having gutted interiors etc).
Demon's are impressive in the ease of going that quick right off the showroom.

Ron has aftermarket wheels/tires and a lightweight battery.....runs in the 9.5s. I'd say those upgrades are super basic and fall on the "so easy a caveman can do it" section for modifications.

There aren't that many cars you can say that about.

EDIT - Forgot to mention the warranty :)

stonewall

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Conway
State
AR
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Dodge Hellcat Challenger
Ha! I remember a million years ago (early 90s) when the fastest street car in town was a mid 10-sec 69 Camaro. Tubs, ladder bars on a 9", 468 with fat overlap cam and a TH400, huge stall, and a plate kit. Here's a car that will run away and hide from that Camaro with A/C, much quieter, no spitting and sputtering at part throttle and all that jazz.

This new golden age of performance is glorious.
Lets add another perspective to what you stated. The 69 Camaro you talked about was about a $20K build. And I'm being very generous. The Demon $100K 1 second difference between them, and 30 years of technology!