Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

New transmission installation questions

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
Thread Starter #41
P2227 Didn't come back, trans still goes into limp mode. Getting error codes such as the following:

0x7E8: P00FB (Permanent)
* Trouble Code Conditions: The Supercharger Outlet MAP Sensor input voltage is above the maximum acceptable threshold.

0x7E8: P0123 - Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor A Circuit High (Permanent)
0x7E8: P012D - Turbocharger/Supercharger Inlet Pressure Sensor Circuit High (Permanent)
0x7E8: P0222 - Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor/Switch B Circuit Low (Permanent)
* Will go away with drive cycles not worried.

0x7E8: P1206 (Pending)
* Trouble Code Conditions: The FPCM detects an open circuit or high resistance on Pulse Width Modulated (PWM) Fuel Pump Control circuit to the Fuel Pump assembly. This one is on me, never turned it off after moving to the FC3 controller form Fore, not worried at all.

0x7E8: P1610 (Permanent)
0x7E8: P1617 (Permanent)
0x7E8: P2096 - Post Catalyst Fuel Trim Sys Too Lean Bank1 (Pending)
* Get fucked emissions about to turn off the back O2 sensors anyway.

0x7E8: P2122 - Throttle/Pedal Pos Sens/Switch D Circ Low Input (Permanent)
0x7E8: P2127 - Pedal Pos Validation Switch 2 Low (Permanent)
* Will go away with drive cycles

0x7E9: P0732 - Gear 2 Incorrect Ratio (Permanent)
0x7E9: P0734 - Gear 4 Incorrect Ratio (Permanent)
0x7E9: P1D90 (SES, Pending, Current)
* INCORRECT GEAR RATIO CLUTCH 2 DEFECTIVE - Trouble Code Conditions: After a calibrated number of failure symptoms are detected, a DTC is stored and the Transmission Control Module (TCM) commands a calibrated default failure is detected for this gear, an alternative default gear is engaged and so on. The selection of alternative default gears follows a calibrated logic. This finally select an alternative gear that consists of a combination of clutches in which the damaged clutch is not involved. If a further failure symptom occurs for general Transmission ratio malfunction is stored. Possible Causes: TRANSMISSION - INTERNAL COMPONENTS

0x7E9: P1DF3 (Permanent)
ECU NOT INITIALIZED - Trouble Code Conditions: The time period of the Electronic Shift Module (ESM) initialization is greater than a calibrated amount of time. Possible Causes: ELECTRONIC SHIFT MODULE (ESM) TRANSMISSION CONTROL MODULE (TCM)
* Chris did mention that he has seen a shifter break and this is what is causing the issues with it going into gear, however I can select neutral and reverse just fine.

0x7E9: U0001 - High Speed CAN Communication Bus (Permanent)
CAN C BUS Print this code data - Trouble Code Conditions: The controller detects an open, short to ground, or a short to voltage on the CAN C Bus circuit. Possible Causes: CAN C BUS CIRCUITS OPEN OR SHORTED DTCS RELATED TO BATTERY VOLTAGE, IGNITION, OR VIN MESSAGES BODY CONTROL MODULE POWER AND GROUND BODY CONTROL MODULE (BCM) MODULE THAT SET THIS DTC.

Really not helpful there Dodge.

Either way trans is coming out tomorrow and being sent back to Pure. I want this care gone, 50k with everything I mean everything in my house, come and pick it up, all the stock parts and everything aftermarket as well, extra race wheels, bypass valves, PCMs, original back seats and all the hardware. GONE GONE GONE.

This car is causing me to lose my fucking mind.

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger He’ll Cat
I have a spare M6 if you want to fix this for good?
No, really, I feel your pain dude, I want to sell my cat about every other week as well lol. High HP and fast times don’t come without pain, patience, watch a few early Star Wars episodes and take heed to Yoda’s words lol. You’ll get there, don’t give up yet, you can beat this!!

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
The 2.5 gallons provided which would be ten quarts. Mike did the fill procedure to Mopar specs. Heat it up, open the fill cap, if its flowing out it is good if it isn’t then more fluid required.

I spoke with Jon, nothing in the car is at fault. This evening Mike even came to my house we reviewed what could be at fault. We went through everything. To start we went amd rewrote my PCM and TCM from the WiTech, this provided a set of stock calibrations in the car. From there we the overlaid my PCM calibration cause E85. At this point we started the car to let it idle and get up to temp. We did the slow relearn procedure from HP Tuners. It would go through gears 1 and 2, then when getting to gear 3 it would error out of the procedure. It did this three times.

At this point Mike and I are scratching our heads. We have not rules out the following.
  • Air pocket
  • The two additional quarts count, atf vs zf
  • Physical issue with trans
  • Bad tcm
  • Bad valvebody
  • Bad pcm
I have one TCM, one PCM but have no clue where to buy a valvebody in good condition. I sent an email to Pure with all this information and await their response. To their credit they are helping us. In a similar experience Mike installed a transmission from a Mopar builder that exhibited the same, turns out it was a blown input shaft seal.
Before trans goes back to Pure I am changing PCMs and looking for a 2015 TCM and Valve body. If anyone has a lead please let me know.
You could have a Bad valve body. I've seen another hellcat go into limp mode and it turned out to be a bad valve body. Did you get to check that?

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #44
I have a spare M6 if you want to fix this for good?
No, really, I feel your pain dude, I want to sell my cat about every other week as well lol. High HP and fast times don’t come without pain, patience, watch a few early Star Wars episodes and take heed to Yoda’s words lol. You’ll get there, don’t give up yet, you can beat this!!
Thank you for the encouragement, however this whole thing has made it just as bad experience and no matter what the car isn't going to be the same. I'm tired of it and want to move on, as soon as I can get it running and get a single pass to prove it's not a POS it will be up for sale.

You could have a Bad valve body. I've seen another hellcat go into limp mode and it turned out to be a bad valve body. Did you get to check that?
I have a shifter coming tomorrow and then a new TCM as well (separate from valve body). If the valve body needs to be checked it will have to be done by Pure if/when? it has to be shipped back.

jgilj

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
21 Challenger Super Stock
@fumanchu182 any update on your trans status?

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #46
@fumanchu182 any update on your trans status?
shifter was put in, code didnt go away, car goes into limp

06FDA167-DBC4-4F84-8257-48F3A5B51468.jpeg

i have a hp90 tcm but getting on mikes schedule has been hard, everyone is getting ready for MIR and the mhsh so they have been taking up his time, sadly my car is not a priority
996A1B17-EC48-44CF-9C41-6C20332897C7.jpeg 8DD16554-2725-4046-9A39-68FD49214B1B.jpeg

as i told @jonx96 the car is dead to me. I put it up on FB marketplace for 55k without trans, once the trans is fixed and the car runs ill just take it to carmax and take what i can get, i truly hate this car

Attachments

jgilj

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Sorry to hear that but I can understand.

covidcommander

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clementon
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger
Me too but still idk somethings take time to sort out

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #49
Me too but still idk somethings take time to sort out
So after we dropped the pan to install the new TCM we found a part missing from the install. I was on the phone with Pure till about 10pm last night, calm and collected telling them how I wanted this resolved. Once the dust settles I will do a full disclosure. Safe to say my 2022 season is over. Very disappointed in the shop that has the Mopar and DSR contracts. To be fair there are a ton of cars running their transmissions. A lot I have reached out to on IG to see if they have the same issues, none, drop in and drive. I seem to just have a case of bad luck.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
So after we dropped the pan to install the new TCM we found a part missing from the install. I was on the phone with Pure till about 10pm last night, calm and collected telling them how I wanted this resolved. Once the dust settles I will do a full disclosure. Safe to say my 2022 season is over. Very disappointed in the shop that has the Mopar and DSR contracts. To be fair there are a ton of cars running their transmissions. A lot I have reached out to on IG to see if they have the same issues, none, drop in and drive. I seem to just have a case of bad luck.
They're a sponsor of the MSHS. Sad to see this happening to you. Damn.

jgilj

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
I’ve also heard a lot of good things from Pure, but when I need trans work only one place for me ole Hellno the only way to fly . Sipples is also very good so I’m told. Sorry this happened to you @fumanchu182

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #52
And off she goes!
417E4BDC-6748-49F8-A70B-419153B9868B.jpeg
Wonder what they will find in teardown. I have my thoughts on what happened. Pump cavitation leading to utter destruction of the clutches and internals. However it is on them at this point.

Will do a full explanation soon.

jgilj

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Well I hope this time they get it right! Lots of labor in/out that’s crap !

RGPIII

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bridgeville
State
DE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
don't sell it with the 15's or 15 inch conversion. I know a guy who could use them! (me) but personally I hope you get it back running and go after that goal of yours.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
don't sell it with the 15's or 15 inch conversion. I know a guy who could use them! (me) but personally I hope you get it back running and go after that goal of yours.
He's in way too deep with time and money to sell it now.

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #56
He's in way too deep with time and money to sell it now.
Money doesnt mean that much to me. Id rather have no car than a car that I cant enjoy and right now I cant enjoy it. Someone comes and makes an offer its fucking gone. 😉

covidcommander

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clementon
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger
Glad it's on it way back to them. Sure sucks the tranny place dropped the ball and you got beat. Hopefully they will make it right for you

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #58
1665869545425.png

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #60
Weren't you going to mshs Maryland
Was, refunded my tickets and cancelled my hotel. MHSH was made aware, however I'll leave it as an exercise for fellow Moparians to guess what the response was. Only thing Im keeping are my days off from work. Gonna go to the gun range and practice.