Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

New Viper and Hellcat??

Rcasa20

Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Indian Shores
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye Widebody (sold)
How accurate is this article from DRIVETRIBE?? (No link-from Apple News)

The Dodge Viper is set to return in 2022. The Dodge Hellcat is basically no longer a muscle car, but a pure-blooded supercar.

Posted on DriveTribe by Jason Haddad.

The Dodge Viper will have a mid-engine, rear-wheel-drive layout in its sixth generation, codenamed SnEV, ditching the nameplate's own tradition which consisted of two-letter abbreviations (SR, ZB, VX) with subgeneration codes I and II. An FCA insider defined the sixth-generation Viper's codename as "SNake Electric Vehicle," although this has not yet been confirmed by Dodge or parent company FCA.

The Dodge Viper will be based on the upcoming Dodge Hellcat, which will become a standalone model as Dodge plans to discontinue the Hellcat name on the Challenger and Charger. The new Dodge Hellcat and Viper, set to be introduced sometime in 2022, will become full-fledge supercars competing against the likes of Ferrari, Lamborghini, and McLaren.

The Dodge Hellcat supercar, likely to begin with the 2023 or 2024 model year, will retain the 6.2-liter supercharged HEMI V8, but it will be tuned differently to comply with emission laws across the Old Continent. The Hellcat's newly revised engine will produce 577 hp (@ 4800-5455 rpm) and 631 lb-ft of torque (@ 3840-4800 rpm). The Hellcat will be mated to a 10-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission.

Although the 2023/'24 Dodge Hellcat supercar will have lower power and torque ratings than its muscle car soulmates, the overall weight of the car is where the power kicks in. It will underweigh the previous Viper by at least 300 lb. At circa 3100 lb, the new Hellcat supercar will have a higher power-to-weight ratio than even the Redeye version of the "Hellcat" Challenger.

The next generation of the Challenger and Charger will actually ditch all the HEMI V8s they ever came with for a load of new turbocharged 3.0L V6s and 4.0L V8s in a joint venture with McLaren Automotive. Dodge has suggested replacing the Hellcat name in its muscle cars with Thunderstorm, Satan, or even Demon. (Fun fact: 12,337 Fundamental Christian parents have complained about the "Hellcat" name being too profane for the kids, with 13% even threatening to sue FCA.)

The 2023/'24 Dodge Viper will use an all-wheel drive system connected to four electric motors, two in the front and two in the back, producing 300 hp per motor. It will produce a combined output of 1200 hp and 1860 lb-ft of torque. Dodge cites a 0-60mph time of less than 2.0sec and a top speed "in the range of 183 to 221 miles per hour."

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Subscribed

tkracing1

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bay Area
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger
The Viper mid engine would not surprise me.

OP
Rcasa20

Rcasa20

Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Indian Shores
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #4
Here’s the rendering from the article. 64602404-212E-4999-907E-3601A018E463.jpeg

Piening2150

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Toledo
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger Daytona 392
Mid engine, RWD Viper... that is also 4 motor electric AWD. Sure.

Sounds like someone is getting a head start on April Fool's this year.

Let's see how many more of these goofball stories we see over the next 24 hours. We could all use a good laugh about now.

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Well if they do stop using the Hellcat name ?.... that will make ours that much more rare.

Sounds interesting though.

Wonder why this Christian group didn't have a problem with the name Demon ?

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
How accurate is this article from DRIVETRIBE?? (No link-from Apple News)

The Dodge Viper is set to return in 2022. The Dodge Hellcat is basically no longer a muscle car, but a pure-blooded supercar.

Posted on DriveTribe by Jason Haddad.

The Dodge Viper will have a mid-engine, rear-wheel-drive layout in its sixth generation, codenamed SnEV, ditching the nameplate's own tradition which consisted of two-letter abbreviations (SR, ZB, VX) with subgeneration codes I and II. An FCA insider defined the sixth-generation Viper's codename as "SNake Electric Vehicle," although this has not yet been confirmed by Dodge or parent company FCA.

The Dodge Viper will be based on the upcoming Dodge Hellcat, which will become a standalone model as Dodge plans to discontinue the Hellcat name on the Challenger and Charger. The new Dodge Hellcat and Viper, set to be introduced sometime in 2022, will become full-fledge supercars competing against the likes of Ferrari, Lamborghini, and McLaren.

The Dodge Hellcat supercar, likely to begin with the 2023 or 2024 model year, will retain the 6.2-liter supercharged HEMI V8, but it will be tuned differently to comply with emission laws across the Old Continent. The Hellcat's newly revised engine will produce 577 hp (@ 4800-5455 rpm) and 631 lb-ft of torque (@ 3840-4800 rpm). The Hellcat will be mated to a 10-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission.

Although the 2023/'24 Dodge Hellcat supercar will have lower power and torque ratings than its muscle car soulmates, the overall weight of the car is where the power kicks in. It will underweigh the previous Viper by at least 300 lb. At circa 3100 lb, the new Hellcat supercar will have a higher power-to-weight ratio than even the Redeye version of the "Hellcat" Challenger.

The next generation of the Challenger and Charger will actually ditch all the HEMI V8s they ever came with for a load of new turbocharged 3.0L V6s and 4.0L V8s in a joint venture with McLaren Automotive. Dodge has suggested replacing the Hellcat name in its muscle cars with Thunderstorm, Satan, or even Demon. (Fun fact: 12,337 Fundamental Christian parents have complained about the "Hellcat" name being too profane for the kids, with 13% even threatening to sue FCA.)

The 2023/'24 Dodge Viper will use an all-wheel drive system connected to four electric motors, two in the front and two in the back, producing 300 hp per motor. It will produce a combined output of 1200 hp and 1860 lb-ft of torque. Dodge cites a 0-60mph time of less than 2.0sec and a top speed "in the range of 183 to 221 miles per hour."

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Boy that's a lot to digest...I got indigestion half way through the post:sick:

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
The top speed range seems odd to me

OP
Rcasa20

Rcasa20

Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Indian Shores
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #10
Well if they do stop using the Hellcat name ?.... that will make ours that much more rare.

Sounds interesting though.

Wonder why this Christian group didn't have a problem with the name Demon ?
Funny enough. I chose a Vette back in 15 over a Hellcat in part cause of name. When Demon came out I never took a second look. With the Redeye I don't have to say Hellcat. After getting the RedEye I bought a cooler that had a Hellcat and Demon logo on it and my wife made me give it away! Looking back now I regret not taking a second look at the Demon.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Funny enough. I chose a Vette back in 15 over a Hellcat in part cause of name. When Demon came out I never took a second look. With the Redeye I don't have to say Hellcat. After getting the RedEye I bought a cooler that had a Hellcat and Demon logo on it and my wife made me give it away! Looking back now I regret not taking a second look at the Demon.
Wow...never chose a car or anything based on a name....probably a good thing...my wifes maiden name was Hooker...

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
I don’t have a problem with Hellcat or Demon. There was a Hellcat fighter plane and a Hellcat tank destroyer, but I wouldn’t buy a car called Satan. Too sacrilegious, for me.

thetalonguy

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger HC M6
Heard there will be electric motors on each wheel to control the amount of torque given to each wheel. So you can set up optimal bias for drag or road course. Going to be sick!

Last edited:

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Hoping it is even half true and one of them appears. We will need it because a new ZR1 is reported to have gas and electric and be at about 900 hp AND be very light AND very agile. We have actually seen their base model and people have touched and drove it. This FCA stuff is still in print with real strange looking concept drawings.

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
I believe they're going to do something to keep up with/surpass the competition.. this I'm not so sure. Sounds nice though

Tannehill

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
New castle
State
DE
Country
United States
Believe this......

...I do not.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
With the Redeye I don't have to say Hellcat.
Maybe it's too simple, but we call ours "Challenger", or occasionally "Dodge".
That's not because we have anything against the Hellcat or Redeye, or even Demon, names.
It's simply because they are Challengers.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Rico looking back,,, you should have given me the cooler.

mopar madness

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Denton
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 BMW M5
lets hope there is a dodge in 2023

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Maybe it's too simple, but we call ours "Challenger", or occasionally "Dodge".
That's not because we have anything against the Hellcat or Redeye, or even Demon, names.
It's simply because they are Challengers.
Funny...I never associated Hellcat... Demon ..or Red Eye with any religious denigration...and I.m Catholic...