Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

New Viper and Hellcat??

stonewall

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Conway
State
AR
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Dodge Hellcat Challenger

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
Seems like a corporation would have to be flush with cash to bring vehicles like that to market. I don’t foresee that being the case given the pandemic.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Seems like a corporation would have to be flush with cash to bring vehicles like that to market. I don’t foresee that being the case given the pandemic.
Given the fact that whatever the financial landscape after a prolonged shut down...the auto buying segment will not have the disposable income they had prior...sales will be weak...there will not be much of an emphasis on cutting edge performance vehicles...it would not surprise me if the whole SRT division has been idled

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
Funny...I never associated Hellcat... Demon ..or Red Eye with any religious denigration...and I.m Catholic...
Well that explains it !!!

My X father in law "John" met a girl 20 years his junior
He turned Jehovah Witness for her ( another F d up story )
He was coming over to my dads so I could change his transmission
I was about 18 or 19 & I said to my dad " Be nice John is a Jehovah now"
My dads response was :censored: "Fuck him I m Catholic" :censored:

His Grandma was doing cartwheels & back flips from her grave !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RIP dad

1585997101014.png

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Given the fact that whatever the financial landscape after a prolonged shut down...the auto buying segment will not have the disposable income they had prior...sales will be weak...there will not be much of an emphasis on cutting edge performance vehicles...it would not surprise me if the whole SRT division has been idled
Agree with both. Even if this story is true, if it was written before full effect of pandemic you can push those dates back. Different priorities (right now) for consumers and corporations.

Roostking

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
mesa
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2011 SRT 8 Challenger 392 6M
Funny enough. I chose a Vette back in 15 over a Hellcat in part cause of name. When Demon came out I never took a second look. With the Redeye I don't have to say Hellcat. After getting the RedEye I bought a cooler that had a Hellcat and Demon logo on it and my wife made me give it away! Looking back now I regret not taking a second look at the Demon.
Thats hilarious lol. I had a moms friend who once would not write a check for $6.66. I was 9 and rolled my eyes back then. Superstitions are a biotch!

OP
Rcasa20

Rcasa20

Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Indian Shores
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye Widebody (sold)
Thread Starter #27
Thats hilarious lol. I had a moms friend who once would not write a check for $6.66. I was 9 and rolled my eyes back then. Superstitions are a biotch!
Yea, no way I’d do that either!

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
How accurate is this article from DRIVETRIBE?? (No link-from Apple News)

The Dodge Viper is set to return in 2022. The Dodge Hellcat is basically no longer a muscle car, but a pure-blooded supercar.

Posted on DriveTribe by Jason Haddad.

The Dodge Viper will have a mid-engine, rear-wheel-drive layout in its sixth generation, codenamed SnEV, ditching the nameplate's own tradition which consisted of two-letter abbreviations (SR, ZB, VX) with subgeneration codes I and II. An FCA insider defined the sixth-generation Viper's codename as "SNake Electric Vehicle," although this has not yet been confirmed by Dodge or parent company FCA.

The Dodge Viper will be based on the upcoming Dodge Hellcat, which will become a standalone model as Dodge plans to discontinue the Hellcat name on the Challenger and Charger. The new Dodge Hellcat and Viper, set to be introduced sometime in 2022, will become full-fledge supercars competing against the likes of Ferrari, Lamborghini, and McLaren.

The Dodge Hellcat supercar, likely to begin with the 2023 or 2024 model year, will retain the 6.2-liter supercharged HEMI V8, but it will be tuned differently to comply with emission laws across the Old Continent. The Hellcat's newly revised engine will produce 577 hp (@ 4800-5455 rpm) and 631 lb-ft of torque (@ 3840-4800 rpm). The Hellcat will be mated to a 10-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission.

Although the 2023/'24 Dodge Hellcat supercar will have lower power and torque ratings than its muscle car soulmates, the overall weight of the car is where the power kicks in. It will underweigh the previous Viper by at least 300 lb. At circa 3100 lb, the new Hellcat supercar will have a higher power-to-weight ratio than even the Redeye version of the "Hellcat" Challenger.

The next generation of the Challenger and Charger will actually ditch all the HEMI V8s they ever came with for a load of new turbocharged 3.0L V6s and 4.0L V8s in a joint venture with McLaren Automotive. Dodge has suggested replacing the Hellcat name in its muscle cars with Thunderstorm, Satan, or even Demon. (Fun fact: 12,337 Fundamental Christian parents have complained about the "Hellcat" name being too profane for the kids, with 13% even threatening to sue FCA.)

The 2023/'24 Dodge Viper will use an all-wheel drive system connected to four electric motors, two in the front and two in the back, producing 300 hp per motor. It will produce a combined output of 1200 hp and 1860 lb-ft of torque. Dodge cites a 0-60mph time of less than 2.0sec and a top speed "in the range of 183 to 221 miles per hour."

As I've noted elsewhere, with the car already a pig, I'd love to take the front wheel electric set up from a P85-D or something like that, a mondo alternator set up, and mod it onto a Charger. With the rears still RWD but on demand AWD I think it'd be quite a fun project. Unfortunately, lack of time and money makes it a pipe dream.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle

His Grandma was doing cartwheels & back flips from her grave !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RIP dad

View attachment 15163
My dad would open the door, they'd start their spiel and he'd turn away and let the door slam as he said either "I don't want any" or something wise like that. But the best was my grandfather (who fought the Germans and Italians, and the Chinese/Russians/North Koreans, and worked in the mines in the depression); my grandmother was a good intentioned religious lady and she would pester him about going to church. And he would not go. Finally, one day, when he had had enough he told, "Hazel, I fought two wars to have my right to go to church or not go to church if I don't want to. And I ain't going." lol, even she had no argument in response to that. He respected her a lot, and loved her - he would never curse and had created a host of non-cuss words to use - but he would not be bossed or badgered either.

Roostking

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
mesa
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Yea, no way I’d do that either!
Why is that? Its a number, do you feel you would go to hell, or be stricken down?

OP
Rcasa20

Rcasa20

Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Indian Shores
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #31
Why is that? Its a number, do you feel you would go to hell, or be stricken down?
I've already done enough that I don't one more thing like writing that number down to push me over the edge and into the pit of he11 when I'm to be judged!! :giggle:

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
My daily has 666 in the plate number. When the girl at the dmv saw it before she handed me the plates she got all hush hush and asked under her breath if I still wanted them. I couldnt understand why she was asking me that. She said people get all weirded out and refuse plates that have that in there. I literally laughed out loud and said ’omg hand em over’.
Not worried about being judged, nor am I superstitious in any kind of way thankfully.
Although if they name the next gen ‘Angel’ I wont buy it lol. Not because of fear, but because that’s just silly.

Last edited:

Roostking

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
mesa
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
My daily has 666 in the plate number. When the girl at the dmv saw it before she handed me the plates she got all hush hush and asked under her breath if I still wanted them. I couldnt understand why she was asking me that. She said people get all weirded out and refuse plates that have that in there. I literally laughed out loud and said ’omg hand em over’.
Not worried about being judged, nor am I superstitious in any kind of way thankfully.
Although if they name the next gen ‘Angel’ I wont buy it lol. Not because of fear, but because that’s just silly.
Word is the next gen will be called ArchAngel. Not sure where I heard that, but sounds legit!

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
Word is the next gen will be called ArchAngel. Not sure where I heard that, but sounds legit!
Probably a dealer. Trust me that will never happen lol.

Demon1

500 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Naples
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Demon
You were fine up until those last two sentences. Now you’re in trouble. :p

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I've already done enough that I don't one more thing like writing that number down to push me over the edge and into the pit of he11 when I'm to be judged!! :giggle:
Rico my man...gotta feeling ur bein judged right bout now...o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O by a few

OP
Rcasa20

Rcasa20

Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Indian Shores
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #37
Rico my man...gotta feeling ur bein judged right bout now...o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O by a few
Lol! True! But there’s only one judgement I fear if you catch my drift!!

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
I once had DDT 666, back when Texas had only 6 spaces.... by request

McLovin

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Syracuse
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat

RIP dad

View attachment 15163
Friend of mine years ago had some Jehovahs knock on the door. He invited them in...made them coffee....offered snacks etc. Sat and listened to them for over 2 hours.

When they were finished, he said, "Wow. That is REALLY interesting. But now, you all are going to hear the story of MY religion, and you aren't leaving until I'm finished."

Kept them there another couple of hours. Never again was there a knock on the door from them...

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country