Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Nexen sur4g Drag Spec Tires

Member ID
Reactions
City
Midland
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Last month, I purchased a set of the Nexen Drag Spec tires for my Hellcat in an effort to try to get some traction over the stock tires. Instead of going with the same Nittos as everyone else, I decided to be different and try out a pair of these on the back. After all, these are the same tires developed for the 1320 Scat Pack, so I thought surely these would at least hook up. WRONG! these are literary the worst tires that I could have gone with. These even break traction worse than the stock tires when accelerating from a stop. I have tried even lowering tire pressure several times in an effort to get some traction with little effect. Also, my car is stock otherwise so these should have performed as advertised by the company. Just wanted to pass on my experience with these so that I could prevent anyone else from wasting their money.

Last edited:

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
You just saved me a lot of money .

Thank you

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

OP
Interceptor16
Member ID
Reactions
City
Midland
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #3
You just saved me a lot of money .

Thank you

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk
Absolutely! Glad you could benefit from my review

Will hopefully be swapping these out soon for new set of 305 Nittos on repro rims.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
These came stock on my 1320 and I was not impressed. At full pressure, my car would annihilate them.

The two times I took the car to the track , it was a spinfest. I had them lowered down to 17 psi and it made no difference. I still spun out past the 60 and had to back out of it each time to get them to half assed hook.

Not long after that, Dodge actually came out with an article telling everyone to stop trying to race on 20 inch drag radials because there wasn't enough sidewall to be effective. Their suggestion was to go with 18 inch wheels/tires. Needless to say that this caused me to cuss at them loudly and ask why in the hell didn't they just put 18 inch wheels/tires on the 1320 if that was the case.

Never took the car back to the track after that because I couldn't see needlessly beating on it. I could do cool burnouts anywhere.

Dancap3286

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Astoria
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 hellcat redeye
I have Toyo Proxes R888R's and love em.

SunnyS

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Siesta Key
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat
Had to be a money decision to use these inferior tires.Dodge should give a rebate to 1320 owners for a good set of tires. Total junk

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Had to be a money decision to use these inferior tires.Dodge should give a rebate to 1320 owners for a good set of tires. Total junk
Before I bought the car, I checked to see how much the drag radials cost and they were listed on TireRack for $187 ea. After the 1320's started selling, the price of the tires went up to over $350 ea. Needless to say, I was not pleased. At that price, you might as well get MT's or something equivalent. I was pretty disappointed with the Nexen's vs. the way Dodge advertised them.