Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Offseason Build - What are your thoughts?

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Can't wait to see it run at some events this year!

Can you give more details on the limits of the stock throttle body? Becomes a restriction to the blower at some point I assume?

OP
Dman007

Dman007

500 Posts Club
U.S. Army Veteran
7 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smyrna
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #22
@Marc W Let me help you clean up some of the facts.....

Dave is not a stock 2.4 blower and I will not tell his secret sauce and he is unopened 6.2L engine <stock>..ALL MOTOR car.

Dave did not win the Heavy Weight class this year; Brian Carter won Heavy Weight.

1610049035524.png

@Jack_Toepfer
As far as me, I am stock blower and engine...neither have been opened. I do not have a 7L 426 or 428 like others with ported blowers or 2.7 blowers/ported on Hellcat or a big ass 4.5 whipple.

Just a stock 6.2L never opened and to my understanding, no one has gone faster on this setup. Bolt-ons and spray.
Omega set the record at 8.93 and then Chris Thomas busted it at 8.88 and then I ran 8.79.

Who else ran faster on a stock 2.4 blower and 6.2L unopened engine?

But these numbers will be long gone in 2021. We are about to port the 2.4 blower, through in some secret sauce in the blower and then build a monster 7L 411 engine. LOL!
Let's see where the chips fall at the end of 2021 race season...

Last edited:

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Damn. I stand corrected. 😱. I agree that whatever records exist today will be gone tomorrow, so no point in making a big deal out of it. You’ve got your act together to spray that kind of power thru the stock package and not only get away with it, but also get down the track that efficiently. A lot of pieces to that puzzle other than just dyno power. Good job!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Records, LOL. I learned not to chase those many years ago. Way to expensive for my tastes. I held the M6 Challenger record at one time. Didn't last long.

OP
Dman007

Dman007

500 Posts Club
U.S. Army Veteran
7 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smyrna
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #25
Can't wait to see it run at some events this year!

Can you give more details on the limits of the stock throttle body? Becomes a restriction to the blower at some point I assume?
Our stock throttle body will start failing after many pulls and/or at higher horsepower due to the fact, the actuator can not hold open the blade under WOT. The logs will start showing drops in TPS and then car will do into limp mode and shutdown.

As you know, TPS should be a solid flatline at WOT. Instead of seeing a flat line, we started to see small dips at first and then after time, sharp spikes downward. Indicting TB was trying to close and failed completely.

Solution: we went with the LS actuator in the Kong 108 TB.

Last edited:
OP
Dman007

Dman007

500 Posts Club
U.S. Army Veteran
7 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smyrna
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #26
Damn. I stand corrected. 😱. I agree that whatever records exist today will be gone tomorrow, so no point in making a big deal out of it. You’ve got your act together to spray that kind of power thru the stock package and not only get away with it, but also get down the track that efficiently. A lot of pieces to that puzzle other than just dyno power. Good job!
Appreciate that Marc. We could not have ran crazy numbers without my shop that builds and tunes my Cat = Allpar Garage.

But I can not leave out my Road Dog, Dave Starnes. That dude poured his heart and soul to help me go fast this year and I really appreciate him and his skill/knowledge of our platform!
If Dave answers your questions or gives you some advice...listen to him. He was 100% spot on about my car and how to fix it on numerous occasions. Guy is a great mechanic and a dang good friend.

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Dave is a fast mofo but..... Zdung ran a 8.70 and I ran a 8.79 blower only (no spray). Zdung runs 8.3’s on spray and I have no plans to spray. I think before the good air goes away we’re going to see some record setting times. If I can get my shit together behind the wheel, I’m thinking a 8.40 is in the works next month. 😎
wow @Marc W i didn’t know you ran 8.79 with a 2.4 blower
That’s awesome

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Records, LOL. I learned not to chase those many years ago. Way to expensive for my tastes. I held the M6 Challenger record at one time. Didn't last long.
I agree with speedy @Dman007 he can confirm this because I didnt actually try to chase the records my car just got faster throughout the year then when the weather changed it went faster , I prefer to race myself and when weather comes then I’ll just let it eat

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
wow @Marc W i didn’t know you ran 8.79 with a 2.4 blower
That’s awesome
I wish I was that good. Lol. I’m running the same setup as Z. Just no spray. I just sent one of the AZ cars your way for some trans info. He needs one and I told him you’re the man.

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
I wish I was that good. Lol. I’m running the same setup as Z. Just no spray. I just sent one of the AZ cars your way for some trans info. He needs one and I told him you’re the man.
I appreciate that brother
Hopefully with my new set up this year we will be flying

Phast Hemi

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
SHELBY TOWNSHIP
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Chall SRT Hellcat Redeye
It is official. Here is the build for this offseason.

Engine:
2000 HP Plus Hemi 411 Stroker kit by MMX.
Features
  • MMX Spec Mahle Box in Box forging for increased strength and Piston Stability
  • 1.5/1mm/2mm Ring Pack
  • Anodized Top Ringland
  • Grafal Coated Skirts
  • Increased Fireland Distance Over our Normal (411/422/426) Stroker Piston
  • .200 Wall H13 Tool Steel Wrist Pin with DLC Coating
  • Thermal Barrier Top Coat
  • 9.6CC Dish, 10:1 Compression W 6.2/6.4 Head and .054 Gasket.
  • Valve Reliefs for up to 2.200/1.675 Valve Arrangement
  • Callies Ultra Enforcer 6.200 Connecting Rod 2.100 Big End, Multi Phase 3.5 ARP Bolt
  • Winberg Billet Center Counterweighted, 3.900 Stroke Crankshaft with M16 (Hellcat) Bolt for extra clamping force in blower applications and Additional Keyway 180 Degrees from the STD Keyway location.
Thitek ported race heads

Cam: to be determined

Blower: Jokers full tilt porting and some other secret sauce. Not to be disclosed at this time.

Rear End: some secret sauce to keep hookin over 99% of the time

Misc: Cage it and Parachute

Summary: Let's see how far we can push this 2.4 blower and manage our heat problems. We race this car over 35 weeks in 2020, so car needs to hold up and keep wining events.

Goal for 2021: Go faster and safer than last season and maybe go for another record. Let's see....
We won 7 events and placed second in 6 events. So let's increase win total, keep the reliability of the car at 95% and go fast AND HAVE MORE DANG FUN!!!

Regards,
Colby
Are there any living examples of your proposed bottom end setup that have survived making 2k horsepower? G3 hemi blocks are usually all done around 1700 hp.

OP
Dman007

Dman007

500 Posts Club
U.S. Army Veteran
7 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smyrna
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #32
Are there any living examples of your proposed bottom end setup that have survived making 2k horsepower? G3 hemi blocks are usually all done around 1700 hp.
2k hp is the parts description from MMX for the 411 drop in kit, but we will push the limited on the G3 block. We are doing some other things to increase block stability.

Phast Hemi

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
SHELBY TOWNSHIP
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Chall SRT Hellcat Redeye
2k hp is the parts description from MMX for the 411 drop in kit, but we will push the limited on the G3 block. We are doing some other things to increase block stability.
That's what I was wondering. Those blocks tend to tap out at around 1700 which guys like Goss will attest to. The only way I'm aware of for gen3 hemi to make that kind of power (more than once) is a billet block like what he uses now.

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
That's what I was wondering. Those blocks tend to tap out at around 1700 which guys like Goss will attest to. The only way I'm aware of for gen3 hemi to make that kind of power (more than once) is a billet block like what he uses now.
I doubt he actually gets to 1500 plus horsepower
The mmx kit is just rated to handle 2000 ,I’d have to agree that that kit is probably assuming it’s a billet block when they make claims like that ,I’d almost be willing to bet they haven’t actually tested it in a 2000 hp set up

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
I doubt he actually gets to 1500 plus horsepower
The mmx kit is just rated to handle 2000 ,I’d have to agree that that kit is probably assuming it’s a billet block when they make claims like that ,I’d almost be willing to bet they haven’t actually tested it in a 2000 hp set up
Exactly and if you have been around as long as I have you would know to call it "Paper work" Marketing.
So when you see a rating like that ask what the track results are and who is running the parts. Proof is needed.
Yeah we had to learn that BS prior to our Hellcats.

This is why my husband JoshHHP and I were at the track 3 Xs a week in 2015 T&T R&D giving the results from the track!

They can keep their secret sauce because we were giving you all the truth from the track!

Linda :)

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
D, like that build. Interested in the blower - don't want you to give away anything - but if you can say, it'll be a stock unit that's been massage / ported / modified? Or am I mis-reading?

Have those rods been used in this block at those power levels before?

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
New car,, if you can spell the new name, whom knowes???

OP
Dman007

Dman007

500 Posts Club
U.S. Army Veteran
7 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smyrna
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #38
D, like that build. Interested in the blower - don't want you to give away anything - but if you can say, it'll be a stock unit that's been massage / ported / modified? Or am I mis-reading?

Have those rods been used in this block at those power levels before?
We will stay with the 2.4 blower and race porting and some other things. Like @Linda's Hell Cat said, we will test the hell out of it and see how it does. We know, 8.35 sec Bryan Sanders(Hellcat)ZH Tunes IHI blower +200shot still running a 2.4 blower. Let's see what we can do with it

@Linda's Hell Cat I will be the first running MMX 411 stroker kit and with that said...testing. testing, testing....
But I am partnered with a good shop (Allpar Garage) and let's see what else they can do with this car.

Already know, Allpar got a stock/unopened 2.4 blower and 6.2L to run 8.79 @ 153 and no one has done that before. Ask @hellno, blower and engine never been opened, no porting, no new heads...just stock. Omega held that record for years and then Allpar has another driver (Chris Thomas) and he broke Omega's record with a 8.89 and then I ran 8.79

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
We will stay with the 2.4 blower and race porting and some other things. Like @Linda's Hell Cat said, we will test the hell out of it and see how it does. We know, 8.35 sec Bryan Sanders(Hellcat)ZH Tunes IHI blower +200shot still running a 2.4 blower. Let's see what we can do with it

@Linda's Hell Cat I will be the first running MMX 411 stroker kit and with that said...testing. testing, testing....
But I am partnered with a good shop (Allpar Garage) and let's see what else they can do with this car.

Already know, Allpar got a stock/unopened 2.4 blower and 6.2L to run 8.79 @ 153 and no one has done that before. Ask @hellno, blower and engine never been opened, no porting, no new heads...just stock. Omega held that record for years and then Allpar has another driver (Chris Thomas) and he broke Omega's record with a 8.89 and then I ran 8.79
Awesome. That's a great plan and set up. I am envious. Go have fun, and be careful.

OP
Dman007

Dman007

500 Posts Club
U.S. Army Veteran
7 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smyrna
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #40
UPDATE: The cat "might" be coming out of the shop next week <cross our fingers!> Then tons of testing and tuning. We are trying to get ready for Texas 2K21 in mid March.

Engine should go into the car today and than start on the triple pump system. Don't know if we are going to leave the BAP (boost-a-pump) in the car. Might need to sell the BAP.
FI Chiller has not arrived yet, so hope it comes in today
2.4 Blower should come back from Jokerz on Monday
Go to the alignment shop on Thursday
At the Track T&T on Friday night

Question for the group....what are your suggestions on the rear end? Keep with the 3.09 or go with direct bolt on 9" or complete changeout of the IRS?

Reasoning, I am worried about tearing up rear ends every other weekend because we race almost every week.

Regards,
Colby