Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

OMG please please do not let this happenšŸ˜³

Finface

Member ID
Reactions
City
Morning View
State
KY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
"When the government promotes crap there are renegades that will eventually take control over and actually make the vehicles work for us"

When WOT is outlawed, only outlaws will have WOT. Or grandfathered high HP cars like ours.

You can bet that not only drag racers and HPDE enthusiasts will find a way around mph limiters. So will bank robbers.

Geerhed

U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Beaver
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 WB Hellcat Charger
While in the mean time they keep going past me in MY LANE texting !!! WTF????

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
We lived in a condo and that didn't work out for me. For some reason people didn't like me telling them to fuck off and mind your own business.
people skills.gif

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
The government isn't mandating any of this... the drive is coming from within the auto industry itself and, the insurance industry. If you cant speed and be stupid, who makes more money when you dont die or rack up huge medical Bill's and property damage....

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
The government isn't mandating any of this... the drive is coming from within the auto industry itself and, the insurance industry. If you cant speed and be stupid, who makes more money when you dont die or rack up huge medical Bill's and property damage....
Isn't the government mandating fleet MPG averages?

https://www.nhtsa.gov/laws-regulati...lishes standards,annually for model year 2026.
After reviewing the tens of thousands of public comments submitted on NHTSAā€™s August 2021 Proposal for MYs 2024-2026 CAFE Standards and accompanying Draft Supplemental Environmental Impact Statement, NHTSA finalizes CAFE Standards for MYs 2024-2026. The final rule establishes standards that would require an industry-wide fleet average of approximately 49 mpg for passenger cars and light trucks in model year 2026, by increasing fuel efficiency by 8% annually for model years 2024 and 2025, and 10% annually for model year 2026. The agency projects the final standards will save consumers nearly $1,400 in total fuel expenses over the lifetimes of vehicles produced in these model years and avoid the consumption of about 234 billion gallons of gas between model years 2030 to 2050. The agency also projects the standards will cut greenhouse gases from the atmosphere, reduce air pollution, and reduce the countryā€™s dependence on oil.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
I think the Hellcat could live if Dodge could sell enough electric cars.
A range of electric performance cars that sold like hot cakes could offset their own carbon tax credit bullshit.

But that was bad planning on their part. Then again, they were looking to hookup with someone for how many years now before Stellantis was formed

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
MPG yes, but not how it is done. The nanny systems are not being mandated as in you MUST have this in the car. That is driven by consumer realization that safety matters, and as a cost saving measure by insurance companies. The question is how intrusive is too intrusive. I think the HC was a nice balance, allowing you to defeat most of the systems when you so chose, but defaulting them otherwise. I feel autopilot is part of the remove the stupid from behind the wheel movement, to save lives, save money, etc.... but continual tracking (which technically the HC has) and the ability to override the drivers commands is a slippery slope. Could go on, as I have some ideas about how to strike a balance, but no time.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
The nanny systems are not being mandated as in you MUST have this in the car.
Umm, the ABS, TPMS, and backup camera are as far as I know.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I like those features.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
I like those features.
Me, not so much.

I've sailed through a stop sign when early ABS wouldn't slow the pickup down (uneven surface). I also went for an interesting ride down a shale hill with a Range Rover when it refused to lock the brakes.

Sold my '13 Golf R after finding out that it would barely brake on hard packed snow. I could've likely slowed down quicker by downshifting. Went back out to the same spot in an MGB with bad tires and stopped in roughly half the distance.

I don't mind TPIS, as it won't set off any alarms, just show the pressures when asked, but TPMS...
Maybe it's not bad in a car, but driving an empty pickup with 80 psi in the rears can be dangerous. I like going sideways, but prefer doing it on my terms, not because the rear swings out due to way too much air in the tires.

Backup camera? An irritant, I think. Yes, I'm now used to that something happens on the dash when putting a vehicle in Reverse, but in the beginning I instantly looked away from the mirror and stopped.

Almost all my vehicles have two mirrors, and that's all I need. Many don't have an inside mirror, but that's okay.
I rarely use those since there's generally a trailer behind me.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
I don't consider that nanny systems; I was referring to the proposed systems that monitor and adjust your speed based on their database of speedlimits, etc...

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
MPG yes, but not how it is done. The nanny systems are not being mandated as in you MUST have this in the car. That is driven by consumer realization that safety matters, and as a cost saving measure by insurance companies. The question is how intrusive is too intrusive. I think the HC was a nice balance, allowing you to defeat most of the systems when you so chose, but defaulting them otherwise. I feel autopilot is part of the remove the stupid from behind the wheel movement, to save lives, save money, etc.... but continual tracking (which technically the HC has) and the ability to override the drivers commands is a slippery slope. Could go on, as I have some ideas about how to strike a balance, but no time.
Gotcha
The funny thing is, none of us get out of this life alive. But the constant need to be "safer" always amuses me.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
I plan on living forever... well, wait, I revised that about ten years ago. Thanks to the rebellion of my body (once my friend, now my enemy) if I get another 20 years I think I'm going to be lucky.