Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Ordering a Hellcat

TorRedHellgato

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
New York
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Dodge Charger Hellcat
Hello folks,

I am ordering a WB Charger tomorrow to replace the B5 Hellcat Charger I sold. When I place my order tomorrow, do I get the power dollars? How do incentives work on ordered cars?

Thanks in advance,

Joe

Piening2150

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Toledo
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger Daytona 392
Probably should wait to see what's announced for '21 on July 2. Between Covid shutdown, current lower output, and model year changeover fast approaching, can you even order a '20 at this point?

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
The power dollars are supposed to be extended through the 2020 model year. Why not check with your Dodge dealer? If the power dollars are available, I think it’s only if you finance it through Chrysler Capital?

Last edited:

Beast707

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Carol Stream
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger WB M6 Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I'd definitely wait it out and be one of the 1st to get the Charger WB RE!(y)

OP
TorRedHellgato

TorRedHellgato

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
New York
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #5
I'm going to call tomorrow but I just want to go into the convo on the phone knowing exactly what I'm talking about.

I dont mind to get a non redeye. I am going to mod it anyways.

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
Why did you sell the other one?

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
I say wait 3 days and see what the 21’s are offering

OP
TorRedHellgato

TorRedHellgato

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
New York
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #8
Why did you sell the other one?
Prob with supercharger, out of warranty, didnt want to fix it so I sold it and pocketed the money. Now I'm using it to go buy a new one.

Tannehill

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
New castle
State
DE
Country
United States
The rebate locks in so long as your dealer checks the appropriate box in the system (I don't see it going away anyway). You don't have to finance through Chrysler Capital to get the rebate, don't let them tell you otherwise should you want to use your own financing.

OP
TorRedHellgato

TorRedHellgato

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
New York
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #10
The rebate locks in so long as your dealer checks the appropriate box in the system (I don't see it going away anyway). You don't have to finance through Chrysler Capital to get the rebate, don't let them tell you otherwise should you want to use your own financing.
Thank you for replying.

Ok now I have another question. Sorry for bothering.

Lets say, if the incentive gets better, will I be able to get the better incentive?

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
Probably should wait to see what's announced for '21 on July 2. Between Covid shutdown, current lower output, and model year changeover fast approaching, can you even order a '20 at this point?
Of course you can. Ordering 2020’s is up and running. Cars are being built just fine.

Piening2150

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Toledo
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger Daytona 392
Of course you can. Ordering 2020’s is up and running. Cars are being built just fine.
Cars are being built, yes. What I was questioning is whether given all the current circumstances, more limited current production output, the need to restock empty dealers, plus already existing unfilled customer orders, plus coming up on the end of the model year, if they would even accept a custom order now. Great if they do and you want to order a '20 still.

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
Cars are being built, yes. What I was questioning is whether given all the current circumstances, more limited current production output, the need to restock empty dealers, plus already existing unfilled customer orders, plus coming up on the end of the model year, if they would even accept a custom order now. Great if they do and you want to order a '20 still.
That’s what I meant too lol. 2020 customer orders are being taken and fulfilled. Great discounts considering it’s getting late in the model year too.

Piening2150

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Toledo
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger Daytona 392
That’s what I meant too lol. 2020 customer orders are being taken and fulfilled. Great discounts considering it’s getting late in the model year too.
That's surprising, but great!

SunnyS

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Siesta Key
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat
All rebates apply when ordered and if a better incentive comes out at time of delivery it would be applied to the car.Cars are being built a a accelerated pace so it might only take a month to get that car to your driveway.Good Luck and post some pics when it is home.

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Charger SRT HellcatJailbreak , 2019 RedEye WB
Thank you for replying.

Ok now I have another question. Sorry for bothering.

Lets say, if the incentive gets better, will I be able to get the better incentive?
If your buying a 2020.. if you can find one on a lot.. you could potentially get 8000 off from the dealer and the power dollars. That’s what I got when I bought my 19’ Redeye WB back in February. The MSRP was 80k. I was out the door 64K. I get it if you really want to order and get exactly what you want. But 16k off for a brand new car is a no brainer.. That’s like a year and a half of payments.

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Charger SRT HellcatJailbreak , 2019 RedEye WB
I got my 19’ Redeye WB for 9k less than when I ordered my 19’ charger the year before when they didn’t have incentives. I’m happy still cause I got exactly what I wanted. But in hindsight.. moving forward.. if I ever decide to get another dodge performance vehicle.. I’m not making the mistake of not getting big money back. I’m convinced the best deals are like January and February after the cars sit a bit and the dealers tend to match the power dollars with their own rebate or at least close to it

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
I got my 19’ Redeye WB for 9k less than when I ordered my 19’ charger the year before when they didn’t have incentives. I’m happy still cause I got exactly what I wanted. But in hindsight.. moving forward.. if I ever decide to get another dodge performance vehicle.. I’m not making the mistake of not getting big money back. I’m convinced the best deals are like January and February after the cars sit a bit and the dealers tend to match the power dollars with their own rebate or at least close to it
There were no rebates ever before on Hellcats so the way we’re buying now wasnt possible then. And i firmly believe that the rebates will go away when the platform changes and they are in demand again. Obviously rebates are meant to boost sales and these cars are pretty much at the end of their life cycle. It’s the only way to keep sales moving until the next great thing comes out. And then it will be back to ADM’s and people begging to pay MSRP again. I wouldnt get used to this lol.

Last edited:

Tannehill

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
New castle
State
DE
Country
United States
If your buying a 2020.. if you can find one on a lot.. you could potentially get 8000 off from the dealer and the power dollars. That’s what I got when I bought my 19’ Redeye WB back in February. The MSRP was 80k. I was out the door 64K. I get it if you really want to order and get exactly what you want. But 16k off for a brand new car is a no brainer.. That’s like a year and a half of payments.
Rebate, yes, but getting the dealer reduced price (i.e. invoice or below) on a vehicle sitting on the lot is now a bit of work/difficult. Most are claiming "low stock" or "low sales" reasoning.

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rebate, yes, but getting the dealer reduced price (i.e. invoice or below) on a vehicle sitting on the lot is now a bit of work/difficult. Most are claiming "low stock" or "low sales" reasoning.
Can always order. Better bargaining power if you arent that guy that needs/wants it now. I’m waiting for my 2020 WB RE order to arrive. Actually thanks to you I got it for just about $18k off including the rebate. Local dealer matched the deal I was getting through a dealer you suggested. I think the moral of the story is to be patient and place an order.