Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Our engines are everywhere!!!

Purerock105

1000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Reno
State
NV
Country
United States
Vehicle
16' Corvette Z06, 17' Shelby GT350, 17' Raptor
This is the trucking magazine, TA/Petro puts out.

They contracted Gas Monkey Garage to do the build on a 1979 International Scout II with an Hellcrate engine for a contest giveaway.

Roadking.com
20200112_093514.jpg

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
This is the trucking magazine, TA/Petro puts out.

They contracted Gas Monkey Garage to do the build on a 1979 International Scout II with an Hellcrate engine for a contest giveaway.

Roadking.com
View attachment 10219
I saw the show for this earlier in 2019. Nice looking truck. I just tried to enter the drawing but it's closed now.

Last edited:

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I saw the show for this earlier in 2019. Nice looking truck. I just tried to enter the drawing but it's closed now.
Saw the show also.

Av8ing1

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
San Marcos
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
Love the engine and love the Scouts but don't think they are a good match. A Scout should be four wheel drive (they turned it in to rear wheel only) and speed isn't in its DNA. They had to make too many changes to get that beast of a motor not to pretzel up the frame, like a custom frame. As a result its a fast franken machine with a Scout body on top. Interesting but not for me. Should have one of these:
3.JPG

Happy garage: 1.JPG

04Ram2500Hemi

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Western
State
MT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Ram TRX
HELLCATS FOR EVERYBODY!!!

If there was room(and I had financial means) I’d love to stuff one in my wife’s Chevy Colorado ZR2. Great little truck, but not real zippy.

Still waiting on the Ram Rebel TRX. If Ram doesn’t screw that truck up I could see myself trading my Challenger Hellcat and my Power Wagon for one.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Love the engine and love the Scouts but don't think they are a good match. A Scout should be four wheel drive (they turned it in to rear wheel only) and speed isn't in its DNA. They had to make too many changes to get that beast of a motor not to pretzel up the frame, like a custom frame. As a result its a fast franken machine with a Scout body on top. Interesting but not for me. Should have one of these:
View attachment 10228

Happy garage: View attachment 10229
100%. That's the type of Scout I'd like to have sitting right there in your garage.

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
This was a while back. Cant remember how much they sold it for. Funny how they always have a buffoon lined up with $75-$100k immediately who is looking for exactly the frankenmobile they put together. :unsure:

Confuzed1

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Go Pack Go
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 PCP Redeye Challenger Widebody
Not a fan of R Rawlings at all. He comes across to me like an arrogant alcoholic. Anyways, I happened to watch one of the shows when they were building this Scout. His crew had changed a lot, and they seem to really know what they're doing. -I agree in that its basically a Scout body on a custom frame, but I think it looks pretty sexy and unusual. I thought a rich guy that owns a bunch of popular truck stops bought it on one of the shows?!? Rawlings threw out some absurd number like 250K....and the guy talked him down and still way overpaid for it...

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Like the Scout, like the power, but removing the 4x4 is like removing the magazine from your weapon. It might look good but its not going to do what you need it to do, or what it was made for. Weird.

stonewall

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Conway
State
AR
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Dodge Hellcat Challenger
Typical ASS Monkey Garbage.

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
Like the Scout, like the power, but removing the 4x4 is like removing the magazine from your weapon. It might look good but its not going to do what you need it to do, or what it was made for. Weird.

all 100% spot on