Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Poll: Touring/Sport, or "Race" Style Exhaust?

Trader history for HighHorseman (0)

Touring/Sport or Race style exhaust?

• Touring/Sport - louder on demand, mellow at cruising

Votes: 13 68.4%
  • Race style - the louder the better

Votes: 6 31.6%

• Total voters

HighHorseman

Vendor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smyrna
State
DE
Country
United States
Vehicle
TopCat
We're knee deep into some product development, just checking with everyone - are you after more of a touring/sport style cat-back with mufflers and resonators? or something loud and more open like a race style kit with just a muffler? (vote in the poll)

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Would love louder exhaust, especially if it would not void any warranty issues.

Av8ing1

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
San Marcos
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
As the stock exhaust isn't bad I'd think most willing to pony up for an aftermarket system are going to want louder.

System I would want: Has easily removable mufflers and resonators. This would allow driveway swapping of components in order to achieve whatever the owner likes. Optional straight pipes and different types of mufflers could be installed as desired. The ability to mount the exhaust valves as the factory system does and the option of mounting them on an external mount (keeping them plugged in but not functioning so as to avoid codes.) The ultimate user configurable system that could go from stupid loud to don't wake the neighbors. As your taste change so can the system. Worried about buying a system that will drone or end up being irritatingly loud? No problem, you can change it with minimal effort and expense.

Side note, why doesn't Dodge give us the ability to select the exhaust valve to open or closed in any mode!

Blkout

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warner Robins
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
These cars are already very loud from the factory, it doesnt take much to make them intolerably loud.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
These cars are already very loud from the factory, it doesnt take much to make them intolerably loud.
I think FCA nailed it with the exhaust...loud..but not too loud..deep mellow sound..mated to the supercharger whine...A symphony for the street

Member ID
Reactions
City
Leesburg
State
VA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 JGC Trackhawk
The Challenger exhaust is so much louder stock than the Trackhawk. That said sometimes it is nice to have a quieter drive. I'm a flip-flopper.... Sometimes I want all the noise, sometimes I don't.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

GBLWRMR

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
South
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Super Stock
Mine is stock. I drive with it in Track mode nearly all the time because I enjoy the sound. That said, I've had to start my car at 4:00 am to head to the airport... If it was any louder I may be shot (and I'm pretty well liked). I often think twice about what car I should drive due to the time of day. Any louder without the ability to quiet it, is too much for me.

Louder with the use of factory flaps for some adjust-ability?