Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

PPF VS touch up paint

Decay

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Astoria
State
OR
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 widebody Redeye
During a conversation with a detail guy today He said you can buy and apply a whole lot of touch up paint for what you spend on PPF.
While He conceded on the leading edge of the rear flairs He made a good case on the front end where I only get occasional chips.

I have never been adept at paint repair so I was skeptical, is this as easy as He says it is?

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
During a conversation with a detail guy today He said you can buy and apply a whole lot of touch up paint for what you spend on PPF.
While He conceded on the leading edge of the rear flairs He made a good case on the front end where I only get occasional chips.

I have never been adept at paint repair so I was skeptical, is this as easy as He says it is?
Its easier to f*ck it up...than to get it right..and depending on color..your allways gonna see it

OP
Decay

Decay

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Astoria
State
OR
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 widebody Redeye
Thread Starter #3
Its easier to f*ck it up...than to get it right..and depending on color..your allways gonna see it
Truly I have never had good results when I tried it.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Truly I have never had good results when I tried it.
It will discolor over time as well