Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Project: Garage Expansion 2021

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Interesting, great countryside compared to desert here. But too many deer heads looming over the kids. Weird effect. Also, house is alzheimer ready with the giant PANTRY sign over the door so you don't take a leak in there by mistake. If I had house, wuold also have to tack on cost of replacing giant welcome sign on side of house. How much does a **** Off sign, same size, cost in Missouri?

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
It interesting how the thread has gone to the crazy real estate market. And the crazy material prices as well which I read an article addressing the craziness. The foreign purchasing is huge in the States right now which unbeknownst to most including myself is driving the crazy market. I personally think it should not be aloud for foreign investors to be able to purchase home in the USA. Its a total money driven making market and not to the best interest to the average person who just wants an affordable home to live in. And instead as we all have witnessed over and over its GREED driving the market to enrich a select few and then do huge financial harm to far too many. Meaning not only a market collapse but for those trying to make ends meet have an incredible debt to pay for the standard of living. I think its ridiculous beyond ridiculous what people are paying for homes and everyone forgets if the interest rates raise up much there is no way a person can qualify to purchase these truly expensive homes that are not worth what the market drove them to. Very interesting times ahead being what ever lasts forever on making huge amounts of money off the housing market and the truly way out of proportion pricing to the value of the house and land. Good luck for those who are caught up in the moment but just cant see it sustaining and if ti does who the hell will be able to afford million dollar homes all over the place. The Real Estate Tax alone will go thru the roof and homeowners insurance as well which just have to scratch your head the average person will need 1k a month just to pay the said mentioned. And oh yeah great work there on your garage extension😁

OP
DaveB

DaveB

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Penhold
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #43
I took the big door down today...contractors built the front wall with header.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whatknot

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
nearest is Portland, but live in the country
State
OR
Country
United States
It doesn't matter how big of a shop you build, it will never be large enough. The wife has the entire attached garage to the house, so I built myself a 32 by 44 plus carport on the front, its full, so currently building another 32 by 44 with carport. The boat, jetskis, quads, and motorcycles alone take up a lot more space than you would think they will, then we got a slide in truck camper, which endedup stored in my garage. Riding mower, yard tools, and more. New shop is getting a hoist as well, and I want to buy an old car to putter on, so it will not take long to fill up. As soon as I poured the footings, I thought to myself it should have been 48 by 60.

Whatknot

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
State
OR
Country
United States
It interesting how the thread has gone to the crazy real estate market. And the crazy material prices as well which I read an article addressing the craziness. The foreign purchasing is huge in the States right now which unbeknownst to most including myself is driving the crazy market. I personally think it should not be aloud for foreign investors to be able to purchase home in the USA. Its a total money driven making market and not to the best interest to the average person who just wants an affordable home to live in. And instead as we all have witnessed over and over its GREED driving the market to enrich a select few and then do huge financial harm to far too many. Meaning not only a market collapse but for those trying to make ends meet have an incredible debt to pay for the standard of living. I think its ridiculous beyond ridiculous what people are paying for homes and everyone forgets if the interest rates raise up much there is no way a person can qualify to purchase these truly expensive homes that are not worth what the market drove them to. Very interesting times ahead being what ever lasts forever on making huge amounts of money off the housing market and the truly way out of proportion pricing to the value of the house and land. Good luck for those who are caught up in the moment but just cant see it sustaining and if ti does who the hell will be able to afford million dollar homes all over the place. The Real Estate Tax alone will go thru the roof and homeowners insurance as well which just have to scratch your head the average person will need 1k a month just to pay the said mentioned. And oh yeah great work there on your garage extension😁

When this bubble bursts, and it will burst, always does...a lot of people are going to be stuck in houses they can neither afford to keep, or sell, due to the short fall if they sold.
My prediction is 2023, and then all hell will break loose, and the crash will be epic.

OP
DaveB

DaveB

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Penhold
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #46
Framing and sheathing done, wiring done, membrane on roof. Shingles and insulation tomorrow....

IMG_0531.jpg

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Framing and sheathing done, wiring done, membrane on roof. Shingles and insulation tomorrow....

View attachment 42025

You can NEVER have enough outlets!

And even a 220v outlet for the welder too!

Whatknot

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
State
OR
Country
United States
Hopefully you can get matching siding.

It is coming along great.

OP
DaveB

DaveB

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Penhold
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #49
Shingles on. Walls insulated. Window installed. I put the big door back up....left the springs and rear tracks off until the inside is done.

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Damn aren’t you done yet🤪. Hey that’s awesome and your moving really quickly enjoy.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Shingles on. Walls insulated. Window installed. I put the big door back up....left the springs and rear tracks off until the inside is done.

You going to do those springs yourself? They can be tricky. I won't let me guys mess them, make them leave them to the door tradesmen.

OP
DaveB

DaveB

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Penhold
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #52
You going to do those springs yourself? They can be tricky. I won't let me guys mess them, make them leave them to the door tradesmen.
I am a door tradesman....goes waaaaaay back....but I know what I'm doing.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Damn, as they say, "you're not fcuking around". :oops:
My guess...Dave B...is Amish..:giggle::giggle:

OP
DaveB

DaveB

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Penhold
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #54
My guess...Dave B...is Amish..:giggle::giggle:
No....nothing wrong with that. LOL. I hired local Mennonite fellas. I did the electrical and the garage door myself, the rest is on them. Good guys, hard workers. .

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Tricky...and very dangerous...

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
No....nothing wrong with that. LOL. I hired local Mennonite fellas. I did the electrical and the garage door myself, the rest is on them. Good guys, hard workers. .
Damn Dave...I was close...:giggle::giggle:

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Tricky...and very dangerous...

My neighbor is in the trade, he says about two people a year die from fcuking around with them.

He mentioned that it's not getting hit with the winding bars that does it (but sometimes), but more getting knocked off of the ladder and landing on the cement head first.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
I am a door tradesman....goes waaaaaay back....but I know what I'm doing.
No shit! That's awesome. Wish you were down here (or we were up there) - give you some business!

OP
DaveB

DaveB

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Penhold
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #59
No shit! That's awesome. Wish you were down here (or we were up there) - give you some business!
I haven't been employed as a door guy for 30+ years...did it before I went to college and during college...but it's a good skill to have and I still have a good set of cold rolled steel bars for winding springs. I've installed a few doors for buddies and done a few repairs over the years, just to keep the skills, hehehe. I don't think it would be a good retirement job due to all the ladder ups and downs...gets hard on the knees. Like riding a bike though. I popped the door in there in about 20 min yesterday. No pics today....they finished insulation and vapor barrier inside. Drywall going up tomorrow. What a day for weather. Yesterday I put 60-80 miles on the kitty as it was about 60 deg out. Last night it snowed about 3" and the temp sat at freezing all day today.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Down here last few days near freezing at night, mid 50s day time....