Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Ram Rebel TRX Reveal Date- 8/17/20

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
?? There's Limited 2500s and 3500s too. Idk if they have optional rear seat ass coolers though...:p
I bought a Limited badge for my 'Hawk, to replace the Trackhawk badge.
Of all the Jeeps I've had, and have, the 'Hawk is by far the most limited. Lots of sport, not much utility.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
no so sure I the less weight. I had an mustang with no options and and didn't weigh any less then others with a lot of options
Okay, there are indeed options that don't add any weight. Delete options would fall in that category.

When ordering my Ram 3500, for example, I opted for no third brake light. And did not order TPMS.
Does that make a noticeable difference on a vehicle that weighs close to 9,500 lbs.? Nope.

But suppose you order the carbon fiber wheels for a Mustang. Yes, that's a meaningful weight reduction.
Other than that, it sounds physically impossible to have a lot of options on your Mustang without any added weight.

OP
04Ram2500Hemi

04Ram2500Hemi

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Western
State
MT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Ram TRX
Thread Starter #63
Rumor running around is that the 392 engine will be standard starting around $56k. That trim will compete well to the raptor for its current price, especially if they can keep the power around 485hp (unlike the power wagon).
I thought they killed this rumor a while back?

OP
04Ram2500Hemi

04Ram2500Hemi

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Western
State
MT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Ram TRX
Thread Starter #64
The best by far is the heads up display. It is a game changer for Dodge
Good catch, I didn’t see that while going through the options.

MaxCarnage

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19' Redeye
HFCOTM
View Images
I thought they killed this rumor a while back?
The rumor is back again lol. Awhile ago Ram was supposed to make the "Banshee" N/A 426 and that fell threw (for whatever reason, emissions perhaps?). So it's possible instead of that they will just use the 392 that's already here. Creating something that competes in price and performance with the current raptor. Not everyone needs a Hellcat engine (except me, I do, lol). This will give people the opportunity to choose even an N/A V8 over Fords V6 turbo. Turbo vehicles have lots of potential, but I cannot stand the sound of that weak V6. Ford should have never moved to the V6.

So the 392 isn't a for sure thing yet, so far just a rumor, but I think it would help Ram sell the TRX better if there were two engine options for it.

Monday can't come soon enough!

OP
04Ram2500Hemi

04Ram2500Hemi

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Western
State
MT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Ram TRX
Thread Starter #66
So as a current 2020 Raptor Owner, I’m a member of a Raptor Forum. I started a thread on how the TRX may impact Raptor resale value (I hope not a lot, if Ram does the TRX justice I’m a buyer), and now I put a copy of the build sheet up. It‘s kind of fun to poke the bear! [deviltail]

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Who here thinks the dealers will play ADM?

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
I know that I could call my favorite dealer, order one, and get it for about invoice.
If wandering onto a dealer lot and looking at existing inventory, anything is possible I suppose.

MaxCarnage

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19' Redeye
HFCOTM
View Images
I didn't think the manufacturer was allowed to charge dealers ADM? Customers paying ADM on this from the dealer I can see though. It won't be me. Most things I buy are invoice or slightly higher. The 702 special editions are most likely to go for ADM.

MaxCarnage

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19' Redeye
HFCOTM
View Images
So as a current 2020 Raptor Owner, I’m a member of a Raptor Forum. I started a thread on how the TRX may impact Raptor resale value (I hope not a lot, if Ram does the TRX justice I’m a buyer), and now I put a copy of the build sheet up. It‘s kind of fun to poke the bear! [deviltail]
There is no way Raptor sales won't be effected by the TRX. Even if only slightly. Up until the TRX, Ford cornered the market, but soon there will be the TRX as an option. If they offer the 392 as well, it will make it even worse for Raptor. I see their values falling most definitely, especially on a 2020 that takes the initial hit as soon as it leaves the lot.

I'm in the same boat (sort of). I'm considering trading in my 19' Redeye in for the TRX. I know (especially with power dollars), I will take a hit. How much of a hit depends on if I will go threw and get one. I live in the Northwest (looks like you do too!) and I tire of only being able to drive my Redeye 6-8 months out of the year. I could drive the TRX all year long if I wanted to and take it places we have in the Northwest that my Challenger simply can't go. Plus I've been wanting a truck to pull some toys around (atv's, side-by-sides, etc).

So if the TRX truly starts at just under $70k, I'll be a serious buyer!

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Rumor running around is that the 392 engine will be standard starting around $56k. That trim will compete well to the raptor for its current price, especially if they can keep the power around 485hp (unlike the power wagon).
They will sell a million of them if thats the case!
Hell, I might get one and be able to pull off a S/S hmmm

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
The 392 motor option imo will be for sure since it helps move trucks and get the R&D back. Just look at all the other Mopar products sharing so much together which would be foolish if they didn't do the same for the TRX.

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
The value of the Raptor going down I don think will be as big as many think. I have the 2018 Raptor and she's a blast and she gets up the road and will get you into trouble. These are big ass trucks in comparison to our Hellcats and trust me you get to know this once your doing the 90-100 MPH down the highway and have to make quick adjustments. The rumored new V8 Godzilla motor going into the Raptor if anything would probably do the biggest harm to the Raptor. And I have the Godzilla motor in my Tremor and Damn she's a really nice set up.. And sure their is rumor as well the Predator motor from the GT500 will be in the next RAPTOR. And this would be possibly out of the norm for Ford since they usually keep the rarer performance motors to the vehicle it was built for. Just look at the GT350 Voodoo Motor it is no other vehicle. At the end of the day we are all blessed Ford and Ram are going after each others market. We win and so does the manufacturer for making really cool vehicles.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Just a heads up from an inside source. These numbers and information are all "unofficial" until Ram confirms them (However, my contact is usually very reliable).

Base Ram TRX starting price just under $70k
702hp 650tq
702 "Special Launch" editions will be made (they come fully loaded) and will be priced just under 90k
Reveal will be 8/17 as indicated above by Ram, and they officially go on sale 8/18
100 grand?

you_fail_badly.gif

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)

thetalonguy

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger HC M6

Ram dropped another teaser It does 0-60 in....

Anyone wanna take any guesses on 0-60?

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle

5.2 seconds

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle

4.8 seconds lol

OP
04Ram2500Hemi

04Ram2500Hemi

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Western
State
MT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Ram TRX
Thread Starter #79
A dude called me a “Troll” for posting about the TRX on the Raptor forum...
Lots of butt hurt going on over there- LOL!

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
A dude called me a “Troll” for posting about the TRX on the Raptor forum...
Lots of butt hurt going on over there- LOL!
Ain’t no forum around like this one I’m on the GT500 forum and it’s mundane. And you get shut down instantly once it get off topic of cars.