Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

RE leaking coolant

OP
Slowpoke387

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
Thread Starter #21
No word back yet. The spill looked to be right in the middle. Tough to tell though, everything was pretty wet. It was coming out pretty good though, as if a hose or line let go. Was all at once. Wasnt a drip like a leaky water pump type thing.

OP
Slowpoke387

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #22
Update, turns out it was trans fluid. Line popped off a cooler. Didnt look like trans fluid Ive seen before. Looked like coolant, really thin stuff. They topped it off and did a relearn. Just in time for the snow that's now falling. Not driving it in the snow and salt. It's going to sit there until the roads dry up a bit. Everyone check their line fittings.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Update, turns out it was trans fluid. Line popped off a cooler. Didnt look like trans fluid Ive seen before. Looked like coolant, really thin stuff. They topped it off and did a relearn. Just in time for the snow that's now falling. Not driving it in the snow and salt. It's going to sit there until the roads dry up a bit. Everyone check their line fittings.
If/when you get a chance, try to get a picture of exactly where it came off.

OP
Slowpoke387

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #24
If/when you get a chance, try to get a picture of exactly where it came off.
i'll try n remember to ask them when i go pick it up.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Well one more thing. Thanks for the heads up. They would be pissed to blow that sucker on a course somewhere. It is literally on the QuickJack and in for its inspection and service in the DG Garage. I’ll give mine a look.

Confuzed1

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Go Pack Go
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 PCP Redeye Challenger Widebody
Aside from making a mess, glad to hear it wasn't anything major. Guess I'll check my trans cooler lines then! You don't happen to have a pic of the fittings in question?

- When I went to change my oil, the oil cooler drain plug was stupid loose. It wasn't even what I would consider "snug".....which would be OK, but I almost could have removed the plug without a wrench....it was that loose.

EDIT: I see you're already trying to get a pic....duh....

OP
Slowpoke387

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #27
So I decided to have a new tire ordered and installed while it's at the dealer anyway (picked up a nail a few weeks ago) so no pics because it's sitting there waiting for the tire to come in. I did get an invoice that describes it as an upper cooler line below one of the plastic access panels that hadn't been seated correctly from the factory. Here's the slip. Had them do my 6 month oil change as well. Should be pretty easy to pop those panels off and have a look if anyone wants to double check theirs.
image0[10919].jpeg

OP
Slowpoke387

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #28
Last edited:

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
When picturing your tow truck mentally had this going on:
1614188967684.png

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Just sitting here at work finally after sitting on the side of the road for two hrs waiting for 'Roadside Assistance". Headed to work and noticed smoke behind me. Pulled over real quick into a parking lot and what looks to be coolant was dumping pretty good. Two hrs go by after calling it in to the roadside assistance number and up rolls Jed Clampet in a 1980 something or other tow truck with a junkyard sign on the door and he's absolutely covered in grease. Seemed to be enamored with such a shiny new car. The cringing that ensued after watching him get into my new spotless RE covered in grease has given me the need for therapy. Hoping it's just a quick line/hose repair so that I can call my detail guy asap. Hard to believe FCA allows junkyards to tow expensive new cars.
What the hell? How did I miss this. Will have to read whole thread now. Jesus. Sorry about that Slow!

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Tbh the repair doesnt freak me out as much as the quality of the tow guy. I'm in the car business and stuff happens so I'm not too worried about the repair. I purposely did not call my guy because for some odd reason I thought a nicer newer (and cleaner) flatbed that tows newer vehicles wouldve arrived to tow something like this. I can now sympathize with some of the BMW people who buy these and then complain about FCA's customer service - a little lol.
Dude was late because it's a long way from Stellantis' HQ to where you were

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
And the cherry on top is when I called the dealer to let them know it was coming they didnt even want to know about it lol. I asked them if they wanted anything like my name or what car it is or what it's doing. They replied "no we'll figure it out whenever it arrives and call you". Seems like a weird way to do it to me. At least I can come here and vent to like minded people lol. Was starting to feel like I'm in the twilight zone lol. Still love that car though, can't wait to get it back someday...
This. In spades. For me, who has only owned one other Dodge (that I remember) the worst part of this has been the dealership experience. Shitty in nearly every respect except for one or two shining lights of sanity in an otherwise overwhelming storm of mediocrity.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle

Octanewide

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
House of power
State
IL
Country
United States
Is this the culprit? 20191008_154514.jpg

OP
Slowpoke387

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #36
I’m assuming so, yes. When I picked up my car they had it buttoned up and I never got pics of the line from them. But from their description that would be it. Just was never fully seated and tightened correctly.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Happy St Patty's Day. Now about that battery??

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Not quite that bad but check out the name in the rear window...I’m def screwed.
View attachment 36421
I know this is old, and I’d hate to say it.. but he definitely farted in your seat

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I know this is old, and I’d hate to say it.. but he definitely farted in your seat

You dug up a 2.5 year old thread to talk about farting???

What the hell?

; )

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
I wish I could say I dug it up, it’s your website fix your algos to not pull up 2 year old posts as suggested material directly under a brand new one lol