Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

rear bmr arms (info only)

OP
hellno

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #21
Hey I just spoke with Chris sawyer he was racing tonight and he has bmr arms and they broke and caused him to nearly hit the wall , unfortunately I will not be able to resale these arms knowing that they may risk breaking and possibly getting someone injured or possibly killed , i appreciate your interest but I will just throw them away
Sorry about the change

Dman007

500 Posts Club
U.S. Army Veteran
7 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smyrna
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Class act bud!! Now sell them to me :)

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Yep. There are stock and lightly modded Hellcats that can use mild steel arms to get a proper alignment for roll racing and hotroding around. They are not for hard launching a 1000+whp Hellcat on a prepped track. The Spohns are Chromoly and much stronger. I have not heard of any issues with those. But... I pulled mine off anyway and went with the complete AAD setup. The power levels now are no joke.

OP
hellno

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #24
It’s apparent that they are an inferior part

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Yeah , not the first time I've heard of them (BMR) bending or breaking.

Doublewide

Member ID
Reactions
City
Little Rock
State
AR
Country
United States
Yep. There are stock and lightly modded Hellcats that can use mild steel arms to get a proper alignment for roll racing and hotroding around. They are not for hard launching a 1000+whp Hellcat on a prepped track. The Spohns are Chromoly and much stronger. I have not heard of any issues with those. But... I pulled mine off anyway and went with the complete AAD setup. The power levels now are no joke.
With the spohn being a straight design upper control arm instead of curved, will it cause any issues with a lowered car? Curious why they're straight and oem/bmr are curved

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
With the spohn being a straight design upper control arm instead of curved, will it cause any issues with a lowered car? Curious why they're straight and oem/bmr are curved
Shouldn't matter that their straight , prob. stronger.

OP
hellno

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #28
I know of a 1500 whp car running them for a year so far problem free

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
I know of a 1500 whp car running them for a year so far problem free
Hellcat or a Mustang? BMR’s on a Hellcat are a perfect storm. 1st... lots of HP. 2nd.... lots of weight. 3rd...... they are made of mild steel. 4th..... they are bent to accommodate lowering. The failure is already started for you with the bends in the upper arms. They are made of mild steel because it’s cheaper than Chromoly and there you go. The Spohns are straight (which proves they don’t have to be bent to work) and are made of Chromoly, so the BMR type of failure doesn’t happen. The potential problem with the Spohns are the end links being the threaded heim joints. I have seen those bend slightly but didn’t end up with a catastrophic failure like with the BMR. Yes the AADs are the most expensive. Just not as expensive as wrecking your car and ending up in the hospital (or worse). I just sold my Spohns and I have no concerns with doing that because they are going on a car that is not a all out drag car that is going to abuse them like that and they do not have a reputation for dangerous failure like the BMR’s. The AAD’s are incomparable to anything else when it comes to design and quality. I would suggest that anybody looking to buy new.... suck it up and spend the extra couple hundred for the AAD.

Bboyd

9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Monongahla
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Hellcat
Wow, that sucks any chance to get pics, I would like to see what arm broke and was it a bushing failure, I just put them on my car. AND I PROMISE I will bet the shit out of them, But I will also will inspect and grease them to give a fair shake.. I wonder what BMR is saying or doing about this. Cause this is not the first time we have heard this?

OP
hellno

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #31
Here’s a pic he sent me of the left rear wheel mid track

Attachments

FFBOS

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mount Prospect
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Charger
Was reading his story on facebook, crazy, lucky he got down the track.

2fast4u

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Edwardsburg
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Hellcat Widebody-DUMBO
@hellno...appreciate your honesty and the fact you care about the rest of the people out here! I will be looking into getting AAD arms as well... THANKS!!!

spazzman72

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
saint clair shores
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger scat pack A8
Here’s a pic he sent me of the left rear wheel mid track
do you know which BMR arm failed? i just installed a set of bmr lower trailing arms (single adjustable) on a Scatpack

OP
hellno

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #35
He said both upper control arms
But I talked to jon Sipple and he did say on his car one of the lower trailing arms failed

OP
hellno

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #36
guys by no means do I mean to make BMR look bad ,,,on a car with less power output the car may very well perform within its limits but apparently it with my increase in torque I can’t use them and being that somebody’s broke I just don’t feel comfortable selling something that could be questionable in its ability to handle higher horsepower demands and if your like me it seems I continue to add power

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
guys by no means do I mean to make BMR look bad ,,,on a car with less power output the car may very well perform within its limits but apparently it with my increase in torque I can’t use them and being that somebody’s broke I just don’t feel comfortable selling something that could be questionable in its ability to handle higher horsepower demands and if your like me it seems I continue to add power
I agree. BMR makes some good stuff. The super high power Hellcats have just exceeded the capabilities of these control arms. That doesn’t mean everything they make is crap. If you’re making 1000hp then put 1000+hp parts in it. I think we know which ones those are when it comes to control arms now. If you can’t afford them then you need to save up before you take it to the track and risk disaster. If you’re driving a Mustang.... it’s BMR all the way. No worries. 😂

Bboyd

9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Monongahla
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Hellcat
Im good with the truth, if the baby ugly it’s ugly! I just did my rear Suspension With BMR and I would Like to know what is happening? are the bushings failing? Welds breaking? what is weak? and thanks for the info so far.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Suwanee
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I’m not sure how often everyone checks their suspension parts. However, I do go thru my BMR control arms, driveline parts, and suspension parts whenever I put my drag radial before the track day. I’ve been running since 2018 and have handful of 1.3x and 1.27/1.29 60’ on my hellcat.

I noticed that BMR mentioned that 900rwhp applies to double adjustable not single adjustable.

OP
hellno

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #40
I’m not sure how often everyone checks their suspension parts. However, I do go thru my BMR control arms, driveline parts, and suspension parts whenever I put my drag radial before the track day. I’ve been running since 2018 and have handful of 1.3x and 1.27/1.29 60’ on my hellcat.

I noticed that BMR mentioned that 900rwhp applies to double adjustable not single adjustable.
I’ve got double adjustable