Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Rear Deck, Stripes Peeling.. HELP!

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
That looks really messed up + there's grass or debris under it :oops:

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Something is trying to get out.

And as to the double stripe that's manufacturing. Two of the stripes stuck together!? Don't stop the line, just overlay them. It'll be fine.

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Damn @Jimmy N. that is quite a boo boo! Maybe with a photo a dealer will promise to fix without needing to see it first and set the appointment. You guys need to make a run down to town anyway! Maybe the dealer in Santa Fe or Farmington could help you...

BTW I saw my first TRX in person on Monday and I was just like DAMN what a sweet truck. They just look so substantial. I absolutely love our Landcruiser, but that got me thinking...

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Looks like I'll be getting the decal sent to me. Then I will likely check with the shop that did the tinting on the Challenger, as they also do stripes and such.

Or, I could install it myself. Couldn't do much worse than the factory did, right?

OP
GBLWRMR

GBLWRMR

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
South
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Super Stock
Thread Starter #25
Today I noticed similar damage to a piece on the hood of my girlfriend's TRX.
That one is about a month old, never seen a car wash, or 400 mph. View attachment 43347

Definitely not taking it back to the selling dealer (450 miles away) and not so sure it's worth a trip to the local dealer (only 100 miles)...only to have them say "Yup, it needs to be replaced", and then have to make a second trip to have it removed/new one installed once a new one has been ordered.

And it is ironic that it's on her car. When mine arrives I was going to remove that decal anyway.
Super annoying.. Good luck! I agree.. 200 mile round trip X 2 would make me even more angry..

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Something is trying to get out.

And as to the double stripe that's manufacturing. Two of the stripes stuck together!? Don't stop the line, just overlay them. It'll be fine.
Not sure about the line being the issue. It's my understanding all these vinyl treatments are done post build @ an upfitter.

Prange

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
no longer in Chicago
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Charger Scat Pack
I would pay an expert to remove and install the new ones.

68coronet

Member ID
Reactions
City
Jacksonville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Dodge Challenger R/T Shaker
This is just me, but I'd delete the stripes entirely. I've never been a fan of applied graphics. If stripes are a must-have, painted is the way to go. Check the painted "T" section on the hood of this 1970 Challenger...

Screen Shot 2021-02-24 at 4.31.20 PM copy.png

Last edited: