Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Redeye upgrade

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
OK, let me get this right. Demon tuning for the Redeye. Fill it with 100 octane and get 840hp when hitting the HO button, just like the Demon. No warranty issues at all because the dealer can't tell the car is tuned.

if accurate, I'm all over this.
[popcorn]

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
It invokes the Drag programming from the Active Suspension module if you select that option in our tazer.
Hope this helps
AJ
Thanks AJ

Are you able to make the transmission do the trans brake feature the Demon has too?

Hemituner

Vendor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bayshore
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon
The Dealer will always know if they dig hard enough. They don't want to sponsor your car. The HO mode calibration will get you to 840 though with confidence.
Hope this helps
AJ

HRJ

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Porsche GT3
OK, to what level do they "not know"?

Just trying to make sure I know what I'm getting myself into because my Redeye will be here in a couple weeks. If you want to take it to PMs, that's fine I guess. Just want to get the whole picture, especially being I'm not very educated on this stuff. I can tune the hell out of a SBC with a Holley 4150 and MSD pro billet, but I'm not able to read between the lines very well with EFI stuff.

Confuzed1

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Go Pack Go
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 PCP Redeye Challenger Widebody
OK, let me get this right. Demon tuning for the Redeye. Fill it with 100 octane and get 840hp when hitting the HO button, just like the Demon. No warranty issues at all because the dealer can't tell the car is tuned.

if accurate, I'm all over this.
Oh no....I'm pretty certain the dealer is gonna know something's been done as soon as the Demon shows up on the display. Wouldn't be too surprised if the dealer doesn't see an issue with the warranty over it either. But - if you do this, you're not overly concerned about warranty I think......I just figured it was a matter of time before something like this showed up. Just trolling around for a few years and I think this has been in the making...

I guess I'm a little surprised it took this long actually. I'm assuming the standard tune would be the Redeye tune, but with this you have the ability to do a race gas tune as well. In the Demon, I think the PCM (or whatever they call it) needs to be changed??...not sure about this,,,,feel free to correct me if I'm totally wrong on this. It's new to me so......something to look into once my factory warranty runs out...maybe.

Oh...and I'm old school myself with carbs, jetting etc...this 'puter stuff is magic to me at this point. :unsure:

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
OK, to what level do they "not know"?

Just trying to make sure I know what I'm getting myself into because my Redeye will be here in a couple weeks. If you want to take it to PMs, that's fine I guess. Just want to get the whole picture, especially being I'm not very educated on this stuff. I can tune the hell out of a SBC with a Holley 4150 and MSD pro billet, but I'm not able to read between the lines very well with EFI stuff.
Paying $2000 for 43 extra HP only when running race gas to loose warranty doesn't seem worth it to me.

HRJ

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Porsche GT3
Agreed

OP
Maxboost

Maxboost

Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuquay varina
State
NC
Country
United States
Thread Starter #28
Paying $2000 for 43 extra HP only when running race gas to loose warranty doesn't seem worth it to me.
My new pcm is unlocked so I'll be a bit higher then the 43. Lol

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
My new pcm is unlocked so I'll be a bit higher then the 43. Lol
How much higher? Once I am off warranty I will be doing this mod.

MaxCarnage

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19' Redeye
HFCOTM
View Images
How difficult was the install? Come with any instructions? Also where is the BCM located?

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
How difficult was the install? Come with any instructions? Also where is the BCM located?
Passenger side kick panel. White plastic piece on the right 88AC5062-E9E4-4D54-941B-48D25E7305F5.jpeg

Last edited:

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
This is very cool.

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Passenger side kick panel. White plastic piece on the right View attachment 12720
Computer ignorant. Why does this go through the BCM and not the ECM? I thought ECM (aka. PCM/ ECM) was engine, TCM was tranny, and BCM was body( lights, etc.)

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Well... I don’t know either but I can say that it’s obviously not that simple. The reason I had that picture of the PCM and BCM out and sitting together is because they were being shipped to AJ for “reprogramming” so I could run the T400 trans. With a auto car..... when the trans is removed the TCM goes with it. All these additional devices communicate with the PCM and when one doesn’t phone home when requested, the PCM says no to everything. In the case of the transmission, that includes even starting the engine. So the BCM is a link in this circle and needs to be included. Hell... even the key fob had to be in on it. I don’t expect that AJ is going to be giving any tutorials on this subject here but maybe Speedy would find this stuff interesting enough to do a little research and enlighten us with one of his Garage talks.

OP
Maxboost

Maxboost

Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuquay varina
State
NC
Country
United States
Thread Starter #35
Bcm is by the passengers feet. I beleive AJ is working on directions for this install. It basically like installing the demon crate besides the bcm and the tazer plugs. AJ gave me any help needed by phone and messenger.

OP
Maxboost

Maxboost

Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuquay varina
State
NC
Country
United States
Thread Starter #36
How much higher? Once I am off warranty I will be doing this mod.
Tim is tuning it and on 93 it should make around 830rwhp. Now when I push the HO button all hell breaks loose. Lol just numbers but I’m looking to run mid 9' s on race gas and high 9's on 93. Of course I have the incognito lower too.

Last edited:
OP
Maxboost

Maxboost

Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuquay varina
State
NC
Country
United States
Thread Starter #37
Computer ignorant. Why does this go through the BCM and not the ECM? I thought ECM (aka. PCM/ ECM) was engine, TCM was tranny, and BCM was body( lights, etc.)
Not really sure but I have drag mode suspension now and the bcm had to be programmed.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Tim is tuning it and on 93 it should make around 830rwhp. Now when I push the HO button all hell breaks loose. Lol just numbers but I’m looking to run mid 9' s on race gas and high 9's on 93. Of course I have the incognito lower too.
That tuning right there is good enough. That is what I have been thinking about. On the road course, I don't want it going crazy, but we run 93 octane, and getting the best performance out of it while keeping it all "stock" as far as the powerplant is what I need, so in 15-20 minutes of running the living shit out of it, it will not explode, or get too hot.

Good info gentlemen, looking forward to winning the lottery so I can do more modifications like this next!

Hemituner

Vendor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bayshore
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon
If your worried about warranty then Modding the car is not right for you. I do not Promote or condone warranty fraud. Chrysler has no interest in sponsoring your car. On the flip side its really not 2k JUST for this upgrade. If you deduct the new unlocked PCM, and the Trinity cost the HO part of the puzzle is not a lot of money.
Hope this helps
AJ

HRJ

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States