Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Rubber Boot Failure, on Supercharger (FIX).

OP
Diboblo

Diboblo

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Riverside
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Charger Hellcat!
Thread Starter #21
Well, very nice Bob, but like I said last night if this material is not treated it will fail. Not to say Bob's are treated or not but the break down is from the out side of the elements. Now with the different colors Bob is supporting means they have been coated for different colors. I wood go with shar truse. Good Bob?? Youz guys are holding up my new venture with the cat eyes.
These boots are high temp silicone, not butyl rubber. They should stand up to the fuel vapor and the heat.

The one I installed on my 6.1 lasted for years and was in tip top shape, when I sold the car :)

Working on our secret project, this weekend, brother ;)

Bob

OP
Diboblo

Diboblo

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Riverside
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Charger Hellcat!
Thread Starter #22
All boots shipped, today!

Bob

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Thank you Bob,, our super secert project. I have mentioned this of course undr wraps,, and as small as it may seem, people seem to think what a great idea. Even the guys at the dealership toda thought that was great and funny. I have 2 weeks to get my ceramic work and others done before knee surgery. Should blow the blowers away as suttle as it may be.

Alain

Member ID
Reactions
City
Haskell
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Member ID
Reactions
City
MARGATE
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 charger Hellcat
So, this happened on my 6.1 Hemi. Seems like they are using the same poor quality rubber, for this purge valve boot, on the Supercharger.

What we're looking at is the slow deterioration of the rubber boot. It literally falls apart. Mine is mushy and very thin, in places. When I saw this part is a hold over from the 6.1 and 5.7 Gen1 vehicles, I knew I had to fix it, on my Hellcat.

I ordered a Taylor silicone 90 (8mmx7mm)... removed the old boot and slid this one right in its place. The 8mm side goes on the supercharger and the 7mm side accepts the plastic purge valve line.

Easy peasy and looks way better than that crappy rubber boot.

You may want to use a small blast of silicone spray, to aid installation. The plastic line can be difficult to install, dry.

TAYLOR Part Number: 46201

I had to buy a 25 pack, so if you think you need one... hit me up and I'll send one your way. Just pay Priority Mail shipping.

Hope this helps.

Bob
I need one, mine is going bad as well, how do I get you my info? Thank you