Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Say it ain't so, Ron !!

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
-Edit just looked it up it is the only destroyer grey Canadian scat pack 1320 produced and 1 of 28 total Canadian 1320s
No, how did you look up the above? Where?

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Ron - Didn't you just order the RE like 3 wks ago? I guess I thought it would take longer than that to have a car built and delivered.

Marc0779

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Key largo
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Redeye/demon
No, how did you look up the above? Where?
Ron i just looked at that car thats rite up your alley,just go to the dealers website

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Ron - Didn't you just order the RE like 3 wks ago? I guess I thought it would take longer than that to have a car built and delivered.
I am not worried about the normal 8 weeks to get the car. It's the factory closing down and possibility of it staying closed down for months and the possibility of my car not being released and shipped .....I was totally prepared for 8 weeks but not much longer. I will probably wait a little while to get a few more updates. But it is not looking good. Last 3 updates including yesterday and today are that it is waiting for parts to be installed. Then the FCA release today indicates EVERYTHING is shut down except the Parts Warehouses. US and Canada.

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
I am not worried about the normal 8 weeks to get the car. It's the factory closing down and possibility of it staying closed down for months and the possibility of my car not being released and shipped .....I was totally prepared for 8 weeks but not much longer. I will probably wait a little while to get a few more updates. But it is not looking good. Last 3 updates including yesterday and today are that it is waiting for parts to be installed. Then the FCA release today indicates EVERYTHING is shut down except the Parts Warehouses. US and Canada.
Got it. I didn't realize that. That sucks. It's completely understandable but it still sucks.

Also, I *think* I remember reading something here or on the other site about there being some issue w warranty when trying to get warranty work done on a Canadian car here in the states. I didn't pay it much attention when I initially read it but I think maybe you'd want to look into that if you decide to move on the 1320 that's up there.

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
FCA Statement on the Restart of North American Operations

March 26, 2020 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - FCA continues to take important steps to help flatten the curve of the spread of COVID-19 and put the health and safety of our workforce, and the communities where we live and work, first. FCA plants across the U.S. and Canada, as well as headquarters operations and construction projects, are intended to remain closed until April 14, dependent upon the various states' stay-in-place orders and the readiness of each facility to return to production. The Mopar Parts Distribution Centers, which have been deemed essential to keeping first responders and commercial vehicles on the road, will continue to operate with paid volunteers. The status of production for FCA’s Mexico operations will be subject to a separate announcement.

The Company continues to work collaboratively with the UAW and Unifor to expand upon the extensive program of cleaning and social distancing protocols that already have been implemented across all of our facilities to safeguard our employees.

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Got it. I didn't realize that. That sucks. It's completely understandable but it still sucks.

Also, I *think* I remember reading something here or on the other site about there being some issue w warranty when trying to get warranty work done on a Canadian car here in the states. I didn't pay it much attention when I initially read it but I think maybe you'd want to look into that if you decide to move on the 1320 that's up there.
That is a good point. Maybe no warranty. I would love to have that car but it would be extremely hard for me to have the confidence that everything would work out no matter what I was told.

Maybe I can get PIPO to help me.......

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
That is a good point. Maybe no warranty. I would love to have that car but it would be extremely hard for me to have the confidence that everything would work out no matter what I was told.

Maybe I can get PIPO to help me.......
Do you have any friends at a dealer ? Maybe they could make it happen somehow and still have warranty?

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
What about buying a Canadian 1320 there is a single seat 45 min from where I live. Plus with how low the Canadian dollar is right now compared to the U.S. dollar you would get a real good deal. It only has 13 kms and has the wing you wanted but it is destroyer grey. Also it is probably the only Canadian 1320 single seat ever built. At today's conversion your looking at $38433USD plus tax and importing fees. It may be worth it for you?

-Edit just looked it up it is the only destroyer grey Canadian scat pack 1320 produced and 1 of 28 total Canadian 1320s

This 2019 DODGE CHALLENGER offers all the standard equipment of R/T SCAT PACK plus: OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT (May Replace Standard Equipment): Customer Preferred Package 24G; 3.09 rear axle ratio; 1320 DRAG PACK with Performance cloth seats with Houndstooth inserts, Delete Rear Seat Group, Delete passenger seat, Delete rear seat, Delete rear seat belt, Delete front passenger seat belt, Cargo net, Front floor mat, Driver floor mat, Drag Mode Performance Pages, Dodge Performance Pages, Drag Pack, illuminated Air Catcher headlamp, Drag Pack fender badge, Drag Pack instrument panel badge, Speedl-imited engine controller, Alcantara-wrapped performance steering wheel, Drag mode suspension, Adaptive damping suspension, 275/40R20 102W Drag Radial tires, 20x9.5inch Low-Gloss Black aluminum drag wheels, 1-year NMCA/NHRA membership, 8-speed TorqueFlite automatic transmission, Leather-wrapped shift knob, Auto/Stick automatic transmission, Remote start system with automatic transmission, Tip start, Steering wheel-mounted shift control; SRT Barracuda spoiler; Uconnect 4C NAV with 8.4inch display pacakge with GPS navigation, Media hub w/ 2 USB ports and auxiliary input jack, SiriusXM Travel Link, SiriusXM Traffic, 5year SiriusXM Travel Link subscription, Red brake calipers; $53,988 13 KMs

https://www.uniquechrysler.com/vehi...enger/burlington/on/45527916/?sale_class=used
I just read on the CA DMV web site and this car CANNOT be registered in California. I could buy it but it would be pretty much a race car having to be trailered everywhere. Even on the window sticker it specifically says not manufactured to be sold outside of Canada.

OK so where are those one seat US Cars? Anybody?

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Do you have any friends at a dealer ? Maybe they could make it happen somehow and still have warranty?
Read above.

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
WOW California is insane. It was manufactured the exact same way the ones that wen't to California were manufactured. There is no difference between them. I don't think California's emission standards are any different then Canada's.

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
WOW California is insane. It was manufactured the exact same way the ones that wen't to California were manufactured. There is no difference between them. I don't think California's emission standards are any different then Canada's.
Absolutely insane. If it is less than 2 years old it is forbidden. Then if older than 2 years you can bring it in but it HAS TO be brought up to California Emission standards. I have to show proof that it complies with 6 different government agencies standards for import etc etc. So I guess I could put an unlocked PCM and get the Diablosport CA compliant tunes to load in there but will the BCM play nice with a US spec PCM? How do I prove to the California Air Resources Board all this is kosher? Even then, it is up to some Prick Smog Referee that may enjoy screwing people over etc.....

I am really digging that car but no way would I dive into all this......Plus the car could not be even considered for 2 years. I need to move. Sorry Dad! (JK)

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Absolutely insane. If it is less than 2 years old it is forbidden. Then if older than 2 years you can bring it in but it HAS TO be brought up to California Emission standards. I have to show proof that it complies with 6 different government agencies standards for import etc etc. So I guess I could put an unlocked PCM and get the Diablosport CA compliant tunes to load in there but will the BCM play nice with a US spec PCM? How do I prove to the California Air Resources Board all this is kosher? Even then, it is up to some Prick Smog Referee that may enjoy screwing people over etc.....

I am really digging that car but no way would I dive into all this......Plus the car could not be even considered for 2 years. I need to move. Sorry Dad! (JK)
I really like that car too. It's too bad that is a rare one. Tried to help wish it would have worked out for you. Good luck with the Redeye or 1320.

clv22p

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nashville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Challenger 1320

Blkout

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warner Robins
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
You are correct, California is insane.

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Clear across the country, but the only options are 1320 and plus group. They also have silver.

https://www.koonsjeep.com/new/Dodge...irfax-VA-f39482ce0a0e0a6b6eff0a542cd5ebc2.htm
I totally appreciate this. I am well aware of Koons because I do a lot of searches on Cars.com. Mainly because you can do hard keyword searches, nationwide. That is extremely useful. I am pretty sure I would have bought a car from them except for 2 reasons. #1, they have a policy and will NOT sell to California Buyers. I was told it was too much hassle. #2, I offered to come get the car and buy it on the MSO with cash and load it into the trailer and transport it home. Then I would deal 100% with California DMV on my own. I am pretty confident on this because it says the car has 50 state emissions. But they dogged me and never got back to me. I am not going to drive across country to buy a car from someone that "will not get back to me".

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
You are correct. As a matter of fact years ago we decided to follow the California emissions standards for ours here.

PIPO

Member ID
Reactions
City
Manhattan
State
KS
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 C7 Z06

MaxCarnage

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19' Redeye
HFCOTM
View Images
You are correct. As a matter of fact years ago we decided to follow the California emissions standards for ours here.
We do that too in Washington state, and I really wish we wouldn't! When I bought my used 15' Hellcat from Idaho, they warned me to make sure it had the 50 state emissions and CARB sticker on it. If I buy from another state it's a must. Otherwise I can't register it. F**king California, ruin your own state, stop spreading your BS to neighboring states! It's mostly the Seattle area, they seem to enjoy following in Californias footsteps and the rest of the state has to go along with the nonsense. Thankfully it hasn't been more more than just an annoyance for now.

That and a guy locally here bought a Demon that came from Canada. Not sure how he managed that one.