Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Say it ain't so, Ron !!

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
I wanted to expand on this now that I have more time.... I am not comitted to selling my Demon. So, if I do not get the right price it will not sell. The seeds were planted in January at ROTD. If you think about it they totally screwed my Buddy Walter Escobar. The year before they told him if he came he would have to run in the Modified class because he was lightened. Then this year they all did the same shit. I think my car has a low 9.50 in it because it really came around after I did the capacitive discharge and put up some really good times in worse DA and track prep. But the fact is I honestly do not think I could beat the 9.50 and 9.51 without cheating or gutting my interior. Just facts that cannot be altered. So, I am not crying about what happened. I am just accepting the facts and conceding. So, I have been chewing on this for a while now. And at Irwindale I have been watching ROD MCGREGOR run his 69 Dart that he just stepped up with a late model HEMI and new B5 Blue paint etc. Super cool car to watch run. And, I have been hearing that my 67 Valiant pictured above was for sale. So I thought I might buy that car back. So there's that. And one other thing that happened at ROTD that influenced me. And it might seem strange. But I heard that Tim Holmberg's Scat Pack 1320 was running 11.20's and I think it only has light weight wheels and tires. And I have been jonsing over those cars since they came out. I think it would be cool to keep my license plates and then order a 2020 Scat Pack 1320 in Frostbite with One Seat. Another thing that is influencing me is I refuse to slow the Demon down any more. No adding 200 pounds to the trunk to run at Irwindale any more. 99.999% people in the grand stands and even people that should know don't know that I am slowing the car down and it blows. So I do not run at my local track every week when I go there on every Thursday night. Same thing with Fontana. The Valiant and the Sat Pack can run balls out. Also another thing that happened is my Apartment Manager raised my Rent again. I am here in LA where they do that. So I now beleive he is on track to raise it whenever he can. So, I want to move and possibly buy a house so I can lock in my costs to live. Still have 14 months to go for Social Security. But since I have been burning through my savings the houses I can afford now suck. Then there is the Truck and Intech Trailer that limit what I can buy. I REALLY LIKE traveling around with the Demon in the trailer to events etc. But if I get a Scat Pack is it really worthy? Maybe I will just drive it. Sell the trailer and possibly the truck. Who knows. The Demon is not sold yet so there is no rush.

HRJ

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Porsche GT3
Move out of Cali and buy a bigger/better home for much less. I like the one seat 1320 idea if you don't feel like Demon ownership suits you. I get that there's not much point if you aren't going to be able to have a apples-apples competition. I wonder if you could get that with the 1320 now that I think about it.

Either way, I've really enjoyed watching your progression from afar. Like I told you awhile back, I started paying attention back when you had the purple HC and bought those Forgeline wheels. The tech that we've all learned from your exploits has been (IMO) invaluable. Thank you.

Blkout

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warner Robins
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I wanted to expand on this now that I have more time.... I am not comitted to selling my Demon. So, if I do not get the right price it will not sell. The seeds were planted in January at ROTD. If you think about it they totally screwed my Buddy Walter Escobar. The year before they told him if he came he would have to run in the Modified class because he was lightened. Then this year they all did the same shit. I think my car has a low 9.50 in it because it really came around after I did the capacitive discharge and put up some really good times in worse DA and track prep. But the fact is I honestly do not think I could beat the 9.50 and 9.51 without cheating or gutting my interior. Just facts that cannot be altered. So, I am not crying about what happened. I am just accepting the facts and conceding. So, I have been chewing on this for a while now. And at Irwindale I have been watching ROD MCGREGOR run his 69 Dart that he just stepped up with a late model HEMI and new B5 Blue paint etc. Super cool car to watch run. And, I have been hearing that my 67 Valiant pictured above was for sale. So I thought I might buy that car back. So there's that. And one other thing that happened at ROTD that influenced me. And it might seem strange. But I heard that Tim Holmberg's Scat Pack 1320 was running 11.20's and I think it only has light weight wheels and tires. And I have been jonsing over those cars since they came out. I think it would be cool to keep my license plates and then order a 2020 Scat Pack 1320 in Frostbite with One Seat. Another thing that is influencing me is I refuse to slow the Demon down any more. No adding 200 pounds to the trunk to run at Irwindale any more. 99.999% people in the grand stands and even people that should know don't know that I am slowing the car down and it blows. So I do not run at my local track every week when I go there on every Thursday night. Same thing with Fontana. The Valiant and the Sat Pack can run balls out. Also another thing that happened is my Apartment Manager raised my Rent again. I am here in LA where they do that. So I now beleive he is on track to raise it whenever he can. So, I want to move and possibly buy a house so I can lock in my costs to live. Still have 14 months to go for Social Security. But since I have been burning through my savings the houses I can afford now suck. Then there is the Truck and Intech Trailer that limit what I can buy. I REALLY LIKE traveling around with the Demon in the trailer to events etc. But if I get a Scat Pack is it really worthy? Maybe I will just drive it. Sell the trailer and possibly the truck. Who knows. The Demon is not sold yet so there is no rush.

Well at least that should finally answer the rumors. Its your car to do as you please so you didn't really owe anyone an explanation but a lot of people care about you and your car so it was nice of you to explain your intentions.

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Move out of Cali and buy a bigger/better home for much less. I like the one seat 1320 idea if you don't feel like Demon ownership suits you. I get that there's not much point if you aren't going to be able to have a apples-apples competition. I wonder if you could get that with the 1320 now that I think about it.

Either way, I've really enjoyed watching your progression from afar. Like I told you awhile back, I started paying attention back when you had the purple HC and bought those Forgeline wheels. The tech that we've all learned from your exploits has been (IMO) invaluable. Thank you.
I am 100% coming to TX someday. Or possibly OK. I had a deposit down on a dream home for a Car Guy in Tulsa area a year ago, but I backed out. Owasso. I decided to stay near my Father until he goes to heaven. I am so glad I did not move because I think I would prefer TX (Dallas area) and my Dad is showing me that he needs me. I have lunch with him every Tuesday now, and I can see that.

Those Forgeline wheels were great. I am glad I had that experience.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Saint Paul
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Dodge SRT Demon
The 1320 is my favorite car on the market today.

HRJ

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Porsche GT3
I had a deposit down on a dream home for a Car Guy in Tulsa area a year ago, but I backed out. Owasso. I decided to stay near my Father until he goes to heaven. I am so glad I did not move because I think I would prefer TX (Dallas area) and my Dad is showing me that he needs me. I have lunch with him every Tuesday now, and I can see that.
I absolutely understand that.

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Keep in mind if the car does sell, my InTech trailer might be for sale as well. 1213191326.jpg

BeeHappy

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Guyton
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon
Ron, good talk today. Thank you

I have to clarify some thoughts on LOD and our event in January.
We are a car club, not a race series.
Our events are private rentals for only club members or members and friends.

We did set weight standards for stock and it was 4280lbs... only because we were the best group to actually get a large number of Demons and collectively set a weight.
We however do not control what and how members post or express their runs.

Through the course of 1 year and now having data on 3 factory single seats, we now know the cars can be as much as 40lbs different with exact same options... why? Who the Fk really knows but we think variations in glue and foam within the core shell during manufacture.

As far as FB lists and who is "stock", those lists will through a natural progression sort out...
As I have clarified elsewhere and the owners of 3 cars also clearly admit they were stripping to see just how fast the cars can really go stock tune/power or whatever and to try to get a 9.4x
Let race series police rules for their series, FB groups police rules for their lists and in the future LOD will seperate tune/power from the pure stocks in lanes to keep some clarity for its members.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Saint Paul
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Dodge SRT Demon
Don't forget the rubber coated wheel wells.
That adds weight.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Laredo
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Demon
Don't forget the rubber coated wheel wells.
That adds weight.
Ounces eventually become pounds!

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images

The Englishman

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newbury
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
2018 Demon
Is that a moment on the lips comment?

Last edited:

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images

The Englishman

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newbury
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
2018 Demon
Lifetime on the hips,an excess weight factor

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
T
Keep in mind if the car does sell, my InTech trailer might be for sale as well. View attachment 13074
That trailer is sweet.
Wish i had that back in my old bracket racing days

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
And it might seem strange. But I heard that Tim Holmberg's Scat Pack 1320 was running 11.20's and I think it only has light weight wheels and tires
Nothing strange about it. 1320 is a bad ass car.
I did stumble across someone on youtube who had a Scat Pack and claimed"cam only" and running in the high 10s!!!

Now add in the suspension tuning/gearing of the 1320, i'd bet the car would quite the sleeper at the track. Maybe even a small shot of juice for the money race.

I need more money LOL

OP
Illegal_Demon

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
Thread Starter #37

PIPO

Member ID
Reactions
City
Manhattan
State
KS
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 C7 Z06
That's a badass trailer!

Too bad the Aussies aren't interested in a one-seat.

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Hey Ron, how much are you asking?
22K but will include quite a bit.....One 10X10 EZ up awning with weights, a new loaded drum hub assy, the rugs, fire extinguisher, one HD table etc...

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States