Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Say it ain't so, Ron !!

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
It's official. Trailer's for sale.

I'm probably not going to be ready soon enough for you.

But you should consider putting it up on the For Sale forum with a full round of pictures for it.

;)

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Sold One Seat?

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Yes the car is gone........I probably should have got more for it but I really liked the Guy who bought it. He is planning on driving it and does not plan on ever racing it. So you will most likely never hear anything about it again. He sat on the floor and I drove him around a little today to show him some things and I pretty much kept stressing ONE THING over and over. NEVER fully defeat the stability control.

BeeHappy

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Guyton
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon
Yes the car is gone........I probably should have got more for it but I really liked the Guy who bought it. He is planning on driving it and does not plan on ever racing it. So you will most likely never hear anything about it again. He sat on the floor and I drove him around a little today to show him some things and I pretty much kept stressing ONE THING over and over. NEVER fully defeat the stability control.
🥺 Coming to NOLA anyway?

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile

Funny

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Could have at least offered him a milk crate.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
Congratulations Ron. Thank you for everything you've done for the community. Hopefully you stick around, but I know how it goes when you sell a car... you move on to the next forum.

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Sorry the hear this. Certainly a loss to those of us that have benefited from you sharing your experience. I have a friend that is going to be in the market for a trailer and yours is certainly a gem. If you are going to list it somewhere with pics and details please share so I can pass it along. I recall you had posted pictures of the build and finished trailer but I can’t find that thread. Thanks again Ron and hope to see you at the track again racing something. Possibly your truck at MATS again. 😂

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
I hate to see you go Ron. I've learned a lot from you in the brief time I've been playing w these cars. I've enjoyed reading about and watching you run Ol' One Seat. Thanks for sharing what you learned from running your car. I'm sure you saved many of us a lot of unnecessary passes.
It was nice to have the opportunity to meet you in Houston too. You're a good guy.

I hope you enjoy whatever the next phase of life has in store for you..

Bo

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
I hate to see you go Ron. I've learned a lot from you in the brief time I've been playing w these cars. I've enjoyed reading about and watching you run Ol' One Seat. Thanks for sharing what you learned from running your car. I'm sure you saved many of us a lot of unnecessary passes.
It was nice to have the opportunity to meet you in Houston too. You're a good guy.

I hope you enjoy whatever the next phase of life has in store for you..

Bo
We found out they are flipping the car and that they were dealers all along. He assured me over and over he was buying it as his personal car and that he was NOT a dealer. I will tell you this, they were great actors. I did not get hurt too bad but I could have done a lot better if they did not lie to me. On the bright side maybe a forum member will buy it from these shysters and keep posting on what's happening with the car. I would love that so much.

I will not be going to NOLA, but I might go to Norwalk if I can make some passes in someone's Demon. Same as last year. I am always open to teaching and demonstrating.

I am likely going to get a 1320. I will just sell it if another halo car comes out.

@BeeHappy

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
We found out they are flipping the car and that they were dealers all along. He assured me over and over he was buying it as his personal car and that he was NOT a dealer. I will tell you this, they were great actors. I did not get hurt too bad but I could have done a lot better if they did not lie to me. On the bright side maybe a forum member will buy it from these shysters and keep posting on what's happening with the car. I would love that so much.

I will not be going to NOLA, but I might go to Norwalk if I can make some passes in someone's Demon. Same as last year. I am always open to teaching and demonstrating.

I am likely going to get a 1320. I will just sell it if another halo car comes out.

@BeeHappy

SOB, misrepresentation...

Deal is done and sealed at this point I assume?

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
To suggest that you might choose to undermine their standing by revealing your price might be underhanded (and invasive...)...

But, one good action deserves another....

PIPO

Member ID
Reactions
City
Manhattan
State
KS
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 C7 Z06
As long as you got what you were asking for, I don’t think is a big deal. I do understand it can be disappointing and/or frustrating when someone isn’t honest from the get go.

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
As long as you got what you were asking for, I don’t think is a big deal. I do understand it can be disappointing and/or frustrating when someone isn’t honest from the get go.
I discounted the car quite a bit from my asking price in my ad because #1 he said he was a private buyer and #2 he said he could buy it that day (which was not true). But, my phone was literally blowing up with calls and texts since I had just put an ad up on Craigslist. They paypaled me $100 to take my ad down to eliminate the competition. Said he resently lost out on another Demon that it was bought out from under him when he was on his way over there. So if I knew he was a dealer I would have waited and seen what other offers I would have. I even blew off on other guy later that day that was insisting on seeing the car with the intent of making me a higher offer. Because I had a SMALL deposit from this guy and the payment had to be by end of buisness the next day. So I honored my deal with this guy even though we had not secured the payment yet. I probably should have blown him off and went with someone else. He was flaky on the deposit amount and flaky on making final payment compared to the initial call.

Last edited:

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
My personal opinion...

Out this dealership...

They were disingenuous... If they suffer as a result of that, then they reap what they sow

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Well when it’s a Demon involved, the carpetbagging profiteering rats come out of the woodwork. What’s really going to add insult to injury is they will probably promote its history of being the famous first and fastest, etc. Personally.... I think that building and racing something that you aren’t always being questioned or accused of cheating with would be a relief. Get one of the older supercharged Drag Paks you can run mid eights with and have fun without all the surrounding hype and BS.

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
My personal opinion...

Out this dealership...

They were disingenuous... If they suffer as a result of that, then they reap what they sow

It's not a regular dealership. In fact I did not have any kind of buisness name until after the car was paid for and they filled out the release of liability that gets sent to DMV. I really doubt anybody on here will ever run into them.

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
Sorry to hear...I see you are in Pasdena, CA. I'm not too far from you...so naming the dealer might be helpful for local folks like myself. Take care.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Saint Paul
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Dodge SRT Demon
I'm not going to race it.
I'm going to drive it.

Sounded strange to me.

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I think that building and racing something that you aren’t always being questioned or accused of cheating with would be a relief.
This is a statement that hits home. Something along the lines of what I have been thinking about lately.